Knill brings in new coach

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Knill brings in new coach

Post by exiledgull »

Read in the paper today that Knill has brought with him some help in his former assistant Chris Brass. He's signed up as a coach so hopefully will aid Knill and Taylor.

Can only be positive another through the door. Now just that all Important striker.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

As i mentioned on another thread, Chris Brass was a York City player when i used to be regular on the Bootham Crescent terraces and he is a top bloke, a no nonsense, dedicated and committed football man and with him behind the scenes we'll stay up. No doubt. York legend and i can assure you Gulls out there that we're in safe hands. Really pleased.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

He actually played for us on loan before he signed for York.

Great goal here:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

hah i was just gonna mention that og, one of the funniest things i've ever seen at a football match!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

some others here to distract you all from the full horror of CBs og!!

still keeping the faith
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Good signing - where does that leave Worzel Gummidge though?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

In a bad place I suspect Brucie. This can only be a positive move Chris Brass has been Alan Knill's no 2 for a while, Knilly clearly trusts him.

When it comes to how many times a week the team needs to train, at what times, when it comes to planning what needs to be done in training there is no difference between a manager and a Coach. When it comes how the team needs to be set up/match tatics and substitutions there is no difference between and manager and a coach.

The manager does of course have a lot of extra responsibilties and no Taylor never asked to be manager, however he has a vast experience as both a player and coach in professional football. I have got to say for someone of his experience to display such a lack of footballing nous, was truely frightening.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:In a bad place I suspect Brucie. This can only be a positive move Chris Brass has been Alan Knill's no 2 for a while, Knilly clearly trusts him.

When it comes to how many times a week the team needs to train, at what times, when it comes to planning what needs to be done in training there is no difference between a manager and a Coach. When it comes how the team needs to be set up/match tatics and substitutions there is no difference between and manager and a coach.

The manager does of course have a lot of extra responsibilties and no Taylor never asked to be manager, however he has a vast experience as both a player and coach in professional football. I have got to say for someone of his experience to display such a lack of footballing nous, was truely frightening.
absolutely dave.
brasso will be good for us - and as for taylor i couldnt believe how bad he was! 8-o

i think we could have teamed up dave and done better! =D

i also think if knill had been here sooner we would be in a better position now.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

A very welcome addition, it was no secret that the players often called training " Butlins"!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:absolutely dave.
brasso will be good for us - and as for taylor i couldnt believe how bad he was! 8-o

i think we could have teamed up dave and done better! =D

i also think if knill had been here sooner we would be in a better position now.
Considering we both hold the relevant qualifcations to coach/manage 8-16 year olds, Chris, I, believe we at the very least could not have done much worse.

Agreed on Alan Knill aswell, Knill has come in and taken a more measured approach than most of us would have liked, but it may be about to start paying off, looking at the way results are going some new managers honeymoon periods may be about to end (Aldershot,Barnet etc) Alan Knill's may just be about to start, timing here is going to be very important looking how close it is down the bottom end of the league.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Agreed this is a good move for us and happy with this. Chris is very highly thought of in football circles and can only help the cause.

Now I have no idea what is wrong with Martin Ling but I am left wondering if Knill and Brass are being lined up for next year (regardless of which League we will be in).

As for Taylor - I feel he is an easy target. Agreed that it was very apparent he was not ready and his public speaking is atrocious but to be fair he was thrown a breeze block and asked to swim!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote:Good signing - where does that leave Worzel Gummidge though?

Still in North Devon of course ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Nearly spat out the banana I was eating! You asked for that one Brucie. he he.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Hope Brass can make a difference. Certainly could do with a win to boost morale.
Noticed that the six games Knill has been in charge we've gained 3pts... that's equal to Taylors six games (3pts) and also Ling's last six games (3pts)!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I have a feeling Knill and Brass can be a winning combination - starting Tuesday night.
(Please no jokes about being a firm of undertakers/solicitors etc!!)