The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

When i bet against Torquay, it is never usually a great deal of money i stand to win so i'm not bothered if i lose and Torquay win. I think the dilemma comes if you have the team Torquay are playing in an acca and it's 1-1 with minutes to go and you stand to win like a grand or something. Then what is the best outcome? A Torquay win or a thousand quid in the back pocket?

Come on, someone be brave enough to come on and be honest about which they'd prefer because i'm not! :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:we are 7/2 4th faves to get relegated....... :@

lets hope they are bl**dy right!

accrington and the gargs are faves at 6/5 for the drop.

shots are 6/4, york are 5/2

us and barnet are 11/4.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

I don't think you've done anything wrong at all Lucy in betting on Torquay to go down, infact I would say it makes perfectly rational sense and I'm surprised more fans don't do it. I think the people who have found fault with it are really missing the point.
I've done it a few times when we have looked in danger of relegation, the day we went down from League 1 under Leroy losing at Colchester I won a few hundred quid, the year we drew with Burton on the last day of the season to avoid relegation to the conference I would've won about £2k if we'd gone down, I would've given that money up in a second to have avoided relegation, but that money paid for a few beers and a bit fun that helped ease the pain, it's emotional damage limitation.
This year I got some of the 66/1 on offer about 5 weeks ago on us to go down, It was a massive price, one not to be ignored. Again, I don't want to win that money, I want us to stay up, but if we do go down I can soften the blow with the winnings.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the greek leagues strike again

dunno if any of you have been having a flutter but there are a LOT of games that finish under 2.5 goals, especially in the etniki b division. you need to use your head to try to work out which teams are the goalscoring ones and leave them out

yesterday i got a 7 timer up at 45/1, and also 12 games in a 14 game acc, last two are today at 1700 and 1730 for 444/1!! next games are on saturday
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

thankfully i laid the last two greek games, the early one was 0-0 into the last ten mins, i'd been nibbling away with fiver here and there at 14, 16 20/1 and there were two goals right at end to finish 0-3!!

the earlier game is 0-2 with 15 mins left, could really do with another goal there to clear £500, but will settle for £150-200 profit for a quid!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Gone for a £20 treble tonight. Crusaders to beat Linfield ( 2-0 up at mo ), Cluj to beat Rapid Bucharest and Arsenal (Argentina) to beat San Martin. Could get £140 ish but won't. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ended with £135 profit after laying and laying greek games, one goal fewer or one goal more i'd have been sitting on £500 profit!!

tonights acc nantes losing in one line, and only one goal in fortuna sittard game in 8 and 7 games accs, bugger!!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

shots and york faves for the drop now at 6/5. york are 11/8, accres 13/8, gargs 15/8.

we are 7/2. the wombles and barnet 4/1.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

San Marino are 16/1 to score the next goal. For a team who only play in one half i'd say that was a ridiculuos bet. 250/1 would be more appropriate.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

my run of luck this year continues!! free bet off betvictor, turned into almost £350!!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Well done Bix. I was let down by Spain.

I might try one of those bets with each team to score/not score as straight win accas are really beginning to p*ss me off.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the same bloody greek team stiffed me in the 93rd minute, iraklis psachna is their name and i bloody hate them!!

last week they conceded 2 in injury time to lose a 14 game under 2.5 goals acc which was around £500 and today they go and bloody score in the 93rd minute to ruin BOTH bets, an under 2.5 goals acc and a both teams not to score acc totalling £125!! i spent ages weeding out the teams likely to score and got it down to 9 games, (the one i left out was 4-1 before ht bizarrely!!) and both weeks the game thats scuppered things has been a later kick off that the main bulk. i suspect some form of collusion from the stands!!

another round of fixtures on weds so i'll be avoiding them, cue a guaranteed 0-0 draw!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote:Well done Bix. I was let down by Spain.
ridiculous, you know you shouldnt touch them when they're 2/9 or summat daft but they're so blindingly gonna win that you get sucked in every bloody time!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote: I might try one of those bets with each team to score/not score as straight win accas are really beginning to p*ss me off.
i've only recently really started looking at them, always just 1x2, and occasionally overs, but now i'm avoiding forecasts as theres always one wrong un and the odds are dreadful

close again today, sassuolo in serie b let down two 5 timers with 00 draw
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I say that Bix but my acca won yesterday thanks to Lincoln coming from behind in the last 10 to beat Telford 3-2! Morton turned it around and won 4-2 whilst i also had Bournemouth, Gills and Fleetwood.

Spain cost me big time on saturday so much so that i'm going to leave betting on international football as it does my head in. I'm saving my cash for the Northampton trip on friday now. You goin'?