Torquay United v York City 23/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Worth staying up to see Jarvis' goal tonight, great strike - one of the best at Plainmoor in recent times I'd say, certainly this season!

Huge credit to the players today, bossed the first half then turned resilient when necessary. No complaints about the red card, it was always going to be which is a huge shame for Cruise as he was playing really well. Is it just a one-game ban for a professional foul though? I hope so.

Very surprised to see Bodin in the squad as he played 90 mins for Wales just last night?!

Big, big win, and all of a sudden the table is looking okay again!!

EDIT: Also credit to the fans today, 2800 which is a vast improvement on recent weeks! Top atmosphere too, best its been this season. Noise levels in the final 5 minutes were the loudest I've heard for a long time!
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

We are on a roll...Win on Friday (not impossible) and we will be safe...Great Stuff !!!!!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I'm gutted for Tom cruise I thought he was playing quite well wen he got sent off, now he has to serve a ban and it's such a shame for the lad as he has waited long enough for his chance and while he has been in the team we are unbeaten.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Great stuff. The crowd sang the team home. Labadie is the player that has made the difference. Others really started to play. I have been critical of Jarvis but today I he was really good. A great cross for Benyon to head over in the second half, his second chance to kill it. Cruise really good before the red. Chappel good strike back into the danger area for Benyon to stab home. And what a goal from Jarvis. Played well as 10 to keep them out backed by Come on you Yellows and Yellow Army, as Nick said, very loud.
TUST number 080
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

portugull wrote:What a result!! Been glued to Sky Sports Centre all afternoon. What exactly happened with Cruise Red Card?
Well done the team and the crowd. So happy.
Just a silly, unnecessary challenge in front of the goal. Wasn't malicious. Felt sorry for him, as he had an otherwise great game.
TUST member 203
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Thank you God for this result.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Portu, decent ball over the top level with the right hand post down the away end. Ball played through and the striker got goal side of Cruise. Striker let the ball come down and just waited for Cruise to bundle into the back of him. Usual story, no malice but a definite red under the rules.

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 23 Mar 2013, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

great result, well done too the players again and alan knill and co. they have again stepped up to the mark, and the yellow army in full voice, really made me proud to be a gull. :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Great result today- well done ot the management and the players. Thought Labadie was superb - any chance of him signing in the summer? Also thought Gus delt with the centre forward well (for most of the game anyway).
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

great result today, looked as though York were gonna nick a point, and I thought 2-0 to us at half time was flattering! it's about time weve had some luck come our way though! great 3 points, and Jarvis' goal was unbeleivable, well played boys lets follow it up with 3 points next time out :)
The gulls are going up
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Did you miss the game today too, RR?

Matt.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Great win to record our first double of the season. Benyon did what he's best at - scoring inside the six yard box. By the way, having spoken to him afterwards he would like to sign for next season. Ryan Jarvis seems to have had a new lease of life under new management and his goal was a wonder strike.
This, make no mistake, was a really important win especially after Tuesday and the reason is clear to see - Alan Knill and Chris Brass. These two must be retained for next season.
They have instilled an important new mind set into the players with a belief they can win. Long may it continue.
Finally Angus MacDonald is a future star and we must sign him on a permanent basis as he will worth big money to Torquay.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i was there again in my usual spot singing myself hoarse! :O
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I really must go to the Dr about these ears of mine...

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Heck the team sure do not like to make things easy, as once again we went through a nerve wrecked last few minutes, at times I could barely watch. What a massive, massive result, certainly now think another 3pts will be enough for us, as the games are running out.

Exellent team performance, they really are up for the fight now, you can see that in them all, crowd fantastic. Thought 4 pts this week would have been good, 6 pts banked, now for 4 pts from the Easter weekend and we can well and truely put the whole relegation issue to bed and start to plan ahead.

Nice to see Oxgull and SG along with the usual suspects from the forum at the game :-D

Yours Foreverc#ck.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc