Goal Music

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Starcross_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Starcross_Gull »

westbaygull wrote:And another thing...grrrr....acrobats? 'Kin acrobats????? Is anyone going to decide to go to football on the basis that they may see acrobats at half time? Normally, Plainmoor is nearly empty until about 2.45, and then again at half time. Does Bucks honestly believe that supporters will foresake having a pint (or, indeed a soft beverage) so they can watch some scantily clad young women with pom poms? Oh, bad example...but what is the match day experience all about? In lower leagues anyway? I embrace change if it's for the better, but I'm well huffy about all this rubbish. Bucks should worry about the team's performance, the Chairman should have a quiet word with him and assert his authority and then I shall go and dry my eyes in a very princess-y way...

Oh. Wait. As an afterthought too - how much will this pre match entertainment cost? Are singers and jugglers and fire eaters prepared to perform free of charge? Or will the cost be covered by the huge increase in the crowds?
Think you are totally missing the point with the above post, as Dean pointed out y'day there will be no payment to volunteers for match day entertainment....just free publicity and as for PB he is joining in with some of us to try and improve the match day experience, trying out various ways to get more people through the turnstiles as more bums on seats as they say is more revenue for the club and in turn will help to boost PB's squad budget in long term!
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

So after the club listened to fans & decided to scrap the goal music, something that made the Football Supporters Federation newsletter last week, the manager has decided that it should stay. Surely Buckle's job is to manage the team not the supporters. I am very disappointed, and whatever others will say, if this is the way Torquay are going I will be less likely to bother travelling down to Plainmoor.
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by cosmic74 »

I really can't see what all the fuss is about. I personally don't like goal celebration music. But I can't say trhat it bothered me one bit when we scored yesterday. I was jumping up and down and cheering too much to even notice it.

Come on people, you really have got to have a sense of reality here, there are far more serious things going on in our lives and in the world than goal celebration music at Plainmoor!!!

:red:
I live for matchdays!!!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

cosmic74 wrote:I really can't see what all the fuss is about. I personally don't like goal celebration music. But I can't say trhat it bothered me one bit when we scored yesterday. I was jumping up and down and cheering too much to even notice it.

Come on people, you really have got to have a sense of reality here, there are far more serious things going on in our lives and in the world than goal celebration music at Plainmoor!!!

:red:
Well said
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

As I stated previously I get no satisfaction from hearing music after a goal - it's fake, cheap and desperate. I could accept it if I got the impression the majority enjoyed - but that clearly isn't the case. Someone asked earlier how many fans actually complained to the club about it - I'd suggest only a tiny percentage of our supporters even knew that poll was there. More ttlling for me would be how many of those that expressed a preference were supportive of it? From what I've seen in the last two home games, I'm guessing not many. I can't believe that having made the effort to ask our opinions, the manager has decided we don't know our own minds and it's not worth listening to. I thought these little PR disasters were a thing of the past.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by GazNorthernGull »

Essentially it may not be just a decision from PB, it could be to do with the players aswell?
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Essentially it would be better letting the paying customers decide what they want rather than PB sticking his nose in to get the decision overturned.
What will he be deciding on next ?...the front cover picture for the programme or what sort of pie he approves of me buying at half time ?
GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing

I don't think its that serious, it's only a 10 second clip after a goal that we celebrate, i could understand if it was for the oppenents goal(s) aswell but between 10 and 40 seconds worth of goal music a game is hardley worth arguing about. If it's really that big of a deal then you may aswell take the managers notes in the programme and the squad sheet out of it. If it is PB's own decision then thats up to himand may feel that the majority of supporters don't mind, i'm not going to cause a fuss over 10 seconds worth of music that you can hardley hear anyway and it's not as if prices in the club are going up because of it so i cant see how it can aggrivate you so much.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Good questions Gaz which I'm sure a lot of us would like the answer to. Why is goal music that big of a deal for Mr.Bucklethat he appears to have got the Clubs last public statement on it ditched & the music re-instated ? Why did he think it was worth making a fuss about 10 seconds worth of music which can hardly be heard anyway in order to get the music back for the next home match ?

It may not be a serious issue to you but judging by PB's commandments over the last week or so it certainly seems to be a serious issue for him.
GazNorthernGull
New Signing
New Signing

I agree in that respect, maybe he's just trying to show (in his own way) that he's the boss and that he feels his decision over the club is more important than the fans, however if there is more debate i think that it will generate more problems between PB and ourselves, which we don't need on a promising promotion campaign at the moment. There's alot more troubling things at the club other than the music so i think it's just a case of acceptance and moving on :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Just to stir up trouble, oops, I mean debate, does anyone take any notice of it (the goal music)?

As no one has posted on the subject for over a month, I'm reckoning no one gives a toss either way.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any at the last two games?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

As a popsider, can't really have any objection as we can barely hear it after a goal anyway! :scarf:

Must admit though i find it really irritating when we're away and our opponents play it after scoring against us!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

It was stopped after the complaints raised via the official site on on here.
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

They played it on Saturday.