Gillingham v Torquay United - 6/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

A one goal loss would be good and not knock what's left of morale...Andy I'm assuming that you're not coming ???
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No Coley, i said so on one of the other threads where you asked to meet but i'm guessing you missed it. I'm still feeling a bit ropey plus i've worked out finances and decided it's a no go in the end. I'm going on holiday after the Morecambe game so need to get a bit better for that plus save some money for the Morecambe match. Glad in a way now i've found out that Ricey will be in goal, i'm sure he'll do his best but i can't see how he can equal Pokeys heroics in this one. Enjoy the game mate anyway and hopefully meet up at another game.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

OK, just leaving, takes about half hour....I still maintain that we will go down, I believe it's the common sense point of view barring something totally unexpected....IF, just if, today's result somehow does transpire to be unexpected, we might survive !!! Catch you later
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

shut up coley
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

surprise of the day 0-2 away win, 256 in away end, oh, shoot i've just woken up with a start, 3-0 home win
still keeping the faith
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

First time I've seen such a change in the team! Rice; Oastler, Downes, Saah, Nicholson; Morris, Mansell, Lathrope, Bodin; Howe, Chapell.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Morris starting!? There's no way he's match fit! And no Benyon?
TUST member 203
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Morris trusted with the midfield birth then. I hope he's up to it. I certainly liked him as as player before his injury but it is a risk to throw him in now in the midst of a relegation dogfight.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

divingbboy wrote:Morris starting!? There's no way he's match fit! And no Benyon?
Two full games with the ressies suggest otherwise. If he can last 90mins there, he can manage 70 in the first team. Only hope we had, just hope it works
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Bench is relatively strong of: C. Thompson, Jarvis, Macdonald, Craig, Cruise, Yeoman and Benyon.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Very very pleased to see Morro back in the first team. That's great for the lad and i just hope he is fit enough to do himself justice in what will be a hard game in that midfield. Lathrope in to get his foot on the ball, keep it simple and break up atacks in front of the back 4. Not sure he is up to it anymore if i'm honest and he is a worry. Oastler and Nico instead of Cruise and Leadbitter is a mistake IMO. Bodin shouldn't be anywhere near a starting 11 and we now have 10. Hope Howe is up for this and good to see little Chappell get a start again too. Ricey we all know about and we all wish him well. Where is Jarvo?

All in all i hope Morris can mark his return with a display we know he has in him but it's a big ask first time out and away at Gillingham so IMO we're looking at a embarrassing defeat.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

COME ON LADS!!! YOU CAN DO THIS! PROVE ME ( AND SOME OTHERS ) WRONG AND THAT YOU HAVE THE BALLS AND THE ABILITY TO COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE AND STAY UP!!!! THERE IS NOTHING I WANT MORE THAN SOME REAL DOGS ABUSE ON HERE TONIGHT SLATING ME AND THE OTHER PESSIMISTS FOR DOUBTING YOU COULD GET A WIN AT GILLINGHAM. GO OUT AND DO IT AND MAKE MY NIGHT HELL!! PLEASE YELLOWS!! COYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

austrianandygull wrote:COME ON LADS!!! YOU CAN DO THIS! PROVE ME ( AND SOME OTHERS ) WRONG AND THAT YOU HAVE THE BALLS AND THE ABILITY TO COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE AND STAY UP!!!! THERE IS NOTHING I WANT MORE THAN SOME REAL DOGS ABUSE ON HERE TONIGHT SLATING ME AND THE OTHER PESSIMISTS FOR DOUBTING YOU COULD GET A WIN AT GILLINGHAM. GO OUT AND DO IT AND MAKE MY NIGHT HELL!! PLEASE YELLOWS!! COYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:goodpost: COYYYYYYYYY
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

have we switched formations? lineup would tend to indicate that Bodin and Chappell wide with Morris sitting in front of lathrope and Mansell. Or has he put Chappell or Bodin up top with Howe ?
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Don't think anyone expects anything from us today, so hoping for a sneaky 0-1 to the Gulls!!!

That said, back to earth... 5-0 Gills.

COYY!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: