Afternoon all Gashead in peace

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If a father and son went Gloster and one supported Torquay and one supported Rovers then fine, get your tickets ( as everyone can in plenty of time ) and go in the pop. If Rovers score or win or anything explosive happens in the game itself which may cause Rovers a problem then the individual supporting Rovers keeps his facking mouth shut and his arms by his side. If it were me then i'd do it out of respect for the home side plus i wouldn't want to get my face stoved in outside the ground afterwards. I think ANYONE with any sense at all would observe the same protocols as me.

I know how hard it is as i went in the Aston Villa home end when they played Rapid Vienna a few years ago in the Europa League. I went with a mate and they wouldn't let us in the Rapid end so i kicked off at the ticket manager and then the operations manager because i had phoned the club twice and had it confirmed to me that we could go in the away end. I explained about the weird Austrian connection and that everytime an Austrian club plays a British team and i can get to it, i go and support them and go in with the Austrians. I was told it was ok by 2 different people so when we got there and were told we couldn't go in then sh*t hit the fan!!!!

Anyway, Rapid knocked out Villa that night and the Rapid fans were rocking and my total disappointment at not being a part of that was obvious and keeping the delight to yourself when you are sat in the home end and following the away team who do well is a difficult thing to do. Had no such problems at Blackburn a few years back when they played Salzburg, we just turned up with Austria flags tied around our waists and went straight in! I think it was perhaps that Rapid have a large hooligan element and a much, much larger away fanbase whereas Salzburg are pretty low key and have small support in European away games.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

austrianandygull wrote:If a father and son went Gloster and one supported Torquay and one supported Rovers then fine, get your tickets ( as everyone can in plenty of time ) and go in the pop. If Rovers score or win or anything explosive happens in the game itself which may cause Rovers a problem then the individual supporting Rovers keeps his facking mouth shut and his arms by his side. If it were me then i'd do it out of respect for the home side plus i wouldn't want to get my face stoved in outside the ground afterwards. I think ANYONE with any sense at all would observe the same protocols as me.
You seem to have an unduly low opinion of Gulls fans here Andy..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I never underestimate anyone where football fans are concerned Mick.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

"Glostergull"
I don't think football has half the problems it used to have, and if we all grew up a bit and acted like adults instead of throwing insults there would be no trouble.
I would just love it if we could finish the match and finish off the event with Rovers and Gulls fans doing a huge conga right around the stadium. now that would be a sight worth watching.
i would just like to reiterate my point a little bit. i have no problem with supporters of other teams at all. as supporters of the team i appreciate they want to be at a match.

i have met many fans of other teams intermingling in the home sides of plainmoor and never had a problem.

quite a few years ago when i first started watching torquay there was a complete ban on away fans after there had been various incidents of trouble, the final straw being wolverhampton wanderers smashing up the town and having a good go at the ground.

during this time many away fans turned up trying to get into games when they were specifically told not to.there was a membership card scheme for torquay supporters but fans that lived here but supported other teams got cards and came to games anyway. there were no problems with any of them though, sometimes good banter.some even came and watched other torquay games.

i dont have a problem with a few here and there coming in the home end, for instance if family members support both teams but want to sit/stand together.

but like i said i worked with an arrogant tw@t who knew the away end was sold out and the home end would be and he got loads of tickets for his bristol city family and mates.

what annoys me is when hordes and masses of away fans know its a big game, the away end is sold out, yet they all think its ok to come down anyway and take over parts of the torquay end. its bloody disrespectful and arrogant.its our home game they have had theirs. they think just coz we're little old torquay they are entitled to do that.

we dont want games to become all ticket if we can help it for various reasons but this one could be massive for us.why should they be taking up the home end.

i would never go to an away ground and even dare think about sitting/standing in the other teams parts of the ground, no matter what the importance of a match is. it would not be my place to and thats it. if i couldnt get a ticket for the torquay end then i would stay away.

i know there is an arguement to say you can go and get tickets before hand and make sure you have a space but some people dont always know until on the day if they can go. childcare/work etc.indeed when i never used to hardly miss games i would quite often not know until on the day if i could leave work early and go the game.

i remember one year we were redeveloping the away end and northampton were down for the last game. they needed a point to go up, we needed a win to have a slim chance of the play offs. no away end available. northampton sold their allocation and the rest were told not to come. guess what? loads of them came anyway.

they took over the ground, many of theirs and our fans were locked out. i got there a bit late (working) and many torquay fans were walking away saying they would never go again and i know some never did.

bateson came out and addressed quite a few of us and let us in to watch the game from behind the glass of one of the bars upstairs. (fair play to him, it cost us a tenner, although normal price was £9, yes £9 for for a match).

there were loads of northampton fans causing sh!t outside. some burst into the upstairs bar where we were watching the game and started trying to have a fight. nearly sh!t myself. some burly guys restrained them and we had to wait ages for stewards and police.

on a positive with regards to quoted post- in 93, neil warnock kept torquay up, we were playing gillingham last game of the season they had just managed to stay up, we were almost guaranteed but any result would do. i think we won 2-1. after the game torquay fans went on the pitch. singing acknowledging the players. singing and thanking warnock.

we went to the gillingham lot who were singing we love you torquay, we then reciprocated likewise. the stewards and police had sh!t themselves when we went towards them but it was great. they joined us on the pitch and we all sang together, shaking hands, banter and having a laugh. it was a truly memorable moment of how great being football fans could be.one of the best moments i have had at plainmoor.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

come in the home end we need all the money we can get!
The gulls are going up
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

gullno4 wrote:come in the home end we need all the money we can get!
so you really dont think if we need the points to stay up that we wont have a big crowd then?

its a total disregard and lack of respect to home fans if there are mass hordes of away supporters in the home ends. like i said a few in certain circumstances is fine but loads of them just isnt right.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

Any Rovers fan in the home sections should be ejected without exception. They've had their allocation – they've sold out. Tough. End of.
As mentioned elsewhere, the home sections are for home supporters ONLY.
But, guess what, this is Torquay United.... we'll let them take over the bloody place. :red:
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

KentGull wrote:Any Rovers fan in the home sections should be ejected without exception. They've had their allocation – they've sold out. Tough. End of.
As mentioned elsewhere, the home sections are for home supporters ONLY.
But, guess what, this is Torquay United.... we'll let them take over the bloody place. :red:

Never heard such rubbish in my life (not meaning you KentGull but refering to your post!)....take the Plymouth match, I actually recognised 5 Plymouth fans sat in the home section of the bench. We actually had a good talk to one of them (in listening distance to 2 stewards) and no-one and I mean no-one cared that they were a Plymouth fan.

There are bound to be many Rovers fans in the home sections and no they will not all be chucked out without exception!
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

So saying that we should have the home section for home fans only is rubbish is it? Then what's the point of having an 'away' end?
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Not saying that, just saying our stewards will not follow the statement

"Any Rovers fan in the home sections should be ejected without exception"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

If we are safe (highly unlikely) and you have nothing to play for, then I have no objection. Let's be honest, when was the last time we sold out Plainmoor?

If there is something to play for then I would not like to be next to a bunch of Rovers fans (no disrespect) in the home end. Especially if it means that genuine Torquay fans cant attend because the Rovers fans have already got tickets.

My main concern is if we go down and Rovers got into the play-offs. I can see tempers flare between both sets of fans, especially if some of the idiots decide to get involved only there to cause trouble.

Hopefully we'll be safe and we can enjoy the last day of the season without any relegation worries, although i expect this won't be the case.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thats not going happen Tom, Bristol Rovers season ended last night, they can not catch Rotherham who are 6th and Bradford only need to win 1 of their last 4 games and Rovers can not get into the play-offs, due to Rovers having a -8 goal difference.

Their will be no problems from Torquay fans , when the final whistle blew against peterboro last time we went down there was nothing but silence, really silent, almost strange it was.

Rovers fans are coming for a party, hopefully we are safe and can join in. So stop worrying all there will be no trouble.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

we need the money, so you're more than welcome, cant imagine itll be all ticket, even so they'll still sell you one i'm sure

we'd never sell out these days, even if, as FL says, they gave away 'puppies and gin' on the door!!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

austrianandygull wrote: we just turned up with Austria flags tied around our waists and went straight in!
how big are austrian flags, kinell!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

chunkygull wrote:
so you really dont think if we need the points to stay up that we wont have a big crowd then?
nope!! if we get over 3k this weekend v barnet i'll be really bloody surprised. and if you take off the 2k rovers will prob bring then we'd do well to top 3,800, 3,200 if they make it all ticket

NO ONE CARES! unless we get to wembley then everyone and their family comes along
still keeping the faith