Match off

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
luketufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by luketufc »

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Has it been raining that much?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Why weren't the covers on? Surely they would've seen the forecast?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Very late call, and no warning at all. Feel sorry for the fans who have travelled for this.

I don't think this will help us. We needed three points today to give us a lift. There's no sign of Poke returning, and possibly Howe will miss the re-arranged game, assuming it's the 23rd April.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

All I want now is an Aldershot and York. Defeat
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Fair enough, but they should have called it off earlier.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

robbotufc wrote:just been called off
I suppose these £ shop toffees I've just bought I'll have all to myself then.

:nod: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Glostergull wrote:wayhay, now maybe I will get a chance to go to the re arranged match. Felt really rough today. Poetic justice. God knew I felt rough and staved the match off unitll i was better. Now find out when the new date is.
Gotta feel sorry for the bees fans though.all that way and it's wet. Not even a chance of a kick about on the beach
Not only the Bees fans Gloster; as far as I know Popside Joe got all the way to Torquay today from Manchester, & a lot of us travel quite considerable distances.My friends on the Bench had already arrived from Plymouth & Newquay, & I was well on my way before I heard about it on Radio Devon at 2.10. Feel sorry for everybody involved; not going to be easy to fit this one in now, & not going to get the support it would have got today. Tues 23rd is Devon Bowl Final at Home Park, & pitch may not be ready by Tues 16th. :(
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I presume this game will be played a week on tuesday/weds and not this coming tues/weds?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
luketufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by luketufc »

According to Twitter (Brent Pilnick BBC) its be rearranged for this coming Tuesday
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Press release...

THE cancellation of today’s game at Plainmoor was an unavoidable consequence of incessant heavy rain in Torquay on Saturday morning.
The groundstaff at Plainmoor recorded 14 millimetres of rain in the three hours between 10am and 1pm, and a pitch that had looked in perfect condition at 9am this morning had become saturated.
Referee Andy Woolmer arrived at the ground and decided to conduct a full pitch inspection at 1.15pm. He then consulted with officials from both clubs and after taking a final look at the pitch, the game was called off.
‘’I looked at several areas of the pitch, specifically areas that had been heavily forked,’’ said Andy Woolmer. ‘’Despite the great efforts of the groundstaff in forking the field, we checked again 15 minutes later and those areas remained waterlogged.
‘’The process begins with taking the ball out on the pitch and rolling it in various parts of the pitch, but the ball did not roll sufficiently in the affected areas. I also threw the ball in the air and it was clear for everybody to see that the ball did not bounce.
‘’Ultimately, the decision lays with the referee but I always consult the management and staff of both clubs to inform them of my decision as we go along, so there is no surprise to either party.
‘’In this particular case, both teams agreed with the decision, which is not surprising because the pitch has become heavily waterlogged.’’
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

as i posted on the match thread, barnet fans dont want a tuesday because they have a terrible away record for tuesday night games. some suggesting it has been 8 years without a win on a tuesday night away (could be exaggerating). therefore it must be a tuesday night game.

the devon bowl can easily be postponed surely.im sure it has before in similar circumstances.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers Louis ( and luke for the replay info ). Well it looks like just one of those really unfortunate events, where have i heard THAT before, only about 20 times already this season! You couldn't make it up.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

NO! :slap: Trojan save them bloody toffees for me on tuesady night :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

If the Devon Bowl IS postponed, it might end up reverting to Plainmoor ? It was supposed to be at Home Park to preserve our pitch for the Rovers match!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066