Match off

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

i doubt it will be this Tuesday has anyone looked at the weather forecast!!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

robbotufc wrote:NO! :slap: Trojan save them bloody toffees for me on tuesady night :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

I'll save you all the liquorice ones. :nod: ;-)

Werther's originals are for Matt. :nod:

Gobstoppers are for Bartlett. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Just got back to Taunton after driving down and back.i was there when the ref called it off and tried to tell as many people as I could on the way back to turn around, in all honesty the wind was gusting and there were clear puddles on the pitch - today's game would have been shocking in those conditions and we need all the help we can get we don't need any more bad news. I drove all the way to Crewe last season only to find the game off with a frozen pitch so I do know how frustrating it is when it is called off 9 hrs driving for nothing. Feel sorry for the barnet fans.

My only thought now is will this mean a return for poke or is he really out for the whole season?
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Alan Knill said on Radio Devon that Poke was' about 4 days off being fit'; maybe play him at Morecombe?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What frequency is the Plymouth game on?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

They are all on radio Devon. They play the one closest to where you live I think....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Come on, Exeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TUST member 203
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

rearranged for this Tuesday.
wonder how much it'll affect gate? probably not make much difference in pokes recovery?
can't believe Northampton not gonna win today?
still keeping the faith
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:i doubt it will be this Tuesday has anyone looked at the weather forecast!!!
I doubt there was much choice other than to try again this Tuesday as it must be played before the final day of the season so they couldn`t risk leaving it until 23rd then having it called off again then and maybe even having to play it on a neutral ground (Home Park?) or even at Barnet.

I`ve checked the forecast and it says a possible shower, tomorrow , Monday and Tuesday so hopefully not too much more rain after today.

It looks like we may now go into Tuesday in a relegation spot, could this actually work in our favour as when teams are down there they seem to start winning (clutching at any straws around!!)
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

they're clutching at straws a bit arent they. what a bitter bunch of t0ssers. :@ if we had 2 unfit keepers we could have drafted in a replacement, which we would have done gladly if possible.

we wanted to get this game played just as much as they did.how can we have known how bad the pitch would get, it was fine midway through this morning.i would agree it is a disgrace no covers were put on though. surely if we have some they should be put on if bad weather is forecast. if we dont have any then that is appalling and we bloody well should have them.

we could suggest they didnt want to play either because their poncey dutchman doesnt like playing in such conditions and he didnt want to get his boots wet. =D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Come on Barnet, be sensible will you. If you're really stupid enough to believe this nonsense, have a read of the report on our OS. The referee and YOUR MANAGER agreed to the postponement.
It's a freak occurrence, we had 18 months worth of rain in 27 minutes (or something). Quite aside from anything b else, you're giving yourselves FAR too much credit. You're Barnet, not Barcelona, we're not so fussed about playing you that we're willing to risk a points deduction (which would relegate us) in order to mess you about.

Honestly, it's like a bloody sowing circle sometimes.

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lets be honest here , TUFC as a club had far more to lose by this game being postponed than we ever did to gain, for a start we have to pay expenses incurred by Barnet likely to lose 1000 of the gate aswell, with York winning we stand to be under a heck of a lot of pressure, there are so many reasons why this was not deliberate.

But also lets be honest and not sweep this under the carpet as some unlucky act of god, yet another embarrasing day for our club in a totaly embarrasing season, to many people involved with running our club walking around with there heads in the cloud, and possibly a groundsman who does not know what he is doing.

'Our ground staff measured 14 mm of rain between 9am - 1pm' whoopee sh@t , I saw a weather forecast on Tuesday telling us that this rain was coming even gave the likely time it would pass through, and we own a perfectly good set of pitch covers which should been on all week.

There has been no rain for a good 2 weeks, went to an U15 match last Sunday where most of the lads either had astroturf boots or soft studs because the pitch was so hard, local football is on, this does not sit well at all with me, and should we be accused on the league 2 forum later of being tin pot, non-league or what ever, going find it hard to diss-argee, only 1 game postponed in the entire English programme today, TUFC the rain has fallen elsewhere, what does it tell us, not good at all.

I actually feel sorry for the Barnet fans, and right now understand their anger, even if it is miss-placed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh yeah, I keep a list of all 108, 219 matches played every Saturday.

What a bloody stupid question.

Matt.