Torquay United v Barnet - 16/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What's this? Andy moaning about Bodin? I had no idea you didn't like him Andy - you've never said before.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:What's this? Andy moaning about Bodin? I had no idea you didn't like him Andy - you've never said before.
I do like him Scott, nice lad by all accounts and with a big future. Just not in a pair of football boots.

I am simply saying that if you are one of those hoping he will knock a few stunners past the Barnet keeper then you are to be severely disappointed come 10pm tomorrow night that's all. :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Loved the quote about, a few extra days rest made all the difference in Poke being fit, when the Barnet boys find this out they are going to go nuts.

Tonights entertainment, reading through Barnet fans forum.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Furthermore i was actually trying to be constructive in saying why i didn't want Bodin in and suggesting an alternative (Stevens) and why.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

When did we change manager again?
‘’Michael Poke is fit, so if there was a good thing to not having a game on Saturday, this would be it,’’ said manager Michael Poke.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Also Billy has played 42 times for us in all comps this season playing 3 thousand and 27 minutes, or just over 2 full days of gametime and he has scored 4 goals. Two of these were close range tap ins v Rochdale and Aldershot, one was a simple header at home to Accrington and the other was a last minute penalty against Rotherham at home.

Oh and he won the penalty at Exeter.

Save our season Billy! :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Oh and Joss scored 4 goals in 7 matches and 600 and odd minutes. Yep, Billy is pretty sh*t alright.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

and none were penalties.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Andy, are trying to get 6,000 posts by the end of the season.. :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not at all Dave, just trying to get the 'rosetinters' to accept what the raw facts are in terms of Bodin. If he isn't crap then i'd like someone to explain to me why he isn't in light of the stats i have posted above. If you are a rosetinter about Billy then fine, just don't have a go at me not being one. I've given you all the stats plus eyewitness accounts of 14 games this season where he has been appalling and not scored to try and back up my argument why i think he's a dud. Do you have any evidence other than blaming his age why i might be wrong in my assumption?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Andy,

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm merely saying that we KNOW you don't rate Billy - you mention it in almost EVERY thread.

I think if I looked at your last 200 posts (which out of just over 5,500 is nothing really), I'm willing to bet that an awful lot of them will be about you not rating Billy.

Can you not just move on - you don't rate him, we know why - there's no need to ram it down our throats!!

STIP
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

austrianandygull wrote:Not at all Dave, just trying to get the 'rosetinters' to accept what the raw facts are in terms of Bodin. If he isn't crap then i'd like someone to explain to me why he isn't in light of the stats i have posted above. If you are a rosetinter about Billy then fine, just don't have a go at me not being one. I've given you all the stats plus eyewitness accounts of 14 games this season where he has been appalling and not scored to try and back up my argument why i think he's a dud. Do you have any evidence other than blaming his age why i might be wrong in my assumption?
Relax Andy, just having joke with you regards number of posts to get your point across , just trying to add a bit of lighthearted disscussion to a very tense match.

Regards Billy Bodin, I often watch his movement and passing and think to myself, you Billy Bodin would be so much better of at a higher level. If we are relegated and a say a league 1 team was to come along and take Billy Bodin and don't laugh that could happen, it would not surprise me one bit if he went on to be sucsessful.

His finsihing right now is not good enough agreed, he takes up very good postions and makes some good passes, problem is more than half of our team simply are not on his wave lenght.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

good news RE the weather

Meant to have a few showers tonight but tomorrow is looking a dry day so should be full steam ahead for the game to be on!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Fair enough Scott, just don't understand how people can still be ok with him in the side given what he has produced this season. They call for Howe to be dropped yet not Billy. They slag off Jarvis but not Billy, they have go at Nico and Oastler saying that they have been awful but not Billy. I just can't work it out in my head and rationalise it that's all. Seen as though he has been by a country mile our worst player IMO this season i find it all difficult to comprehend. No need to get ratty mate. Apologies.

And Dave, don't worry mate, no digs intended. I did see that at Northampton with Billy, he came on as sub and i was keeping an eye on him off the ball and he was making runs left to right and trying to create space but like you say, our players are so sh*t that they just cannot see the runs. So i do concede that and take your point about that, but he also needs to get involved in games if these runs aren't being found. He needs to be more physical, more involved and perhaps sometimes just run in a straight line. He also needs to work on his directness and dribbling as from what i've seen it's none existant. I just cannot accept the overall job he has done for this season as the minimum required and there should be no hiding place for him. Scott, if you're reading this i'm simply responding to Dave mate so relax peoples. :na: :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Oh, and this doesn't mean that you can move on to Ling either

;-)

STIP