Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Facebook is an awful thing, a complete waste of time full, mainly, of complete idiots. Twitter is for genial, amusing and witty people. I Tweeted yesterday to illustrate the difference. While Twitter was full of breaking news and messages of solidarity for the Boston Marathon tragedy, Facebook was full of the usual self absorbed, unaware **** telling their "friends" how pissed they were or how much they were looking forward to the weekend. Boring boring boring.

That said, there are those who enjoy it and it would be undemocratic of me to suggest that those people should suffer. So, maybe, yeah, see if they can be linked.

Also, welcome back to Bleeper. I, like all sane people, reasonably assumed you'd brought the farm in Candybar or some similar place, so it's nice to see that isn't the case.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Obviously your friends are idiots then, Matt.

I remove anyone who posts drivel and generally now have a news feed filled with funny pictures, debates and interesting people.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

BleeperGull wrote:
Surprisingly enough, @Insideplainmoor has had a Facebook page for a while now it seems, https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor?fref=ts

You don't seem to be the only one that was not aware of it's existence!
Cheers for that Bleeper! Surely the Facebook updates can be done by the same chap who does the Twitter?

Edit: Compared with the 5,400 followers on Twitter, the 95 'likes' is ridiculous!
Tim Herbert
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Tim Herbert »

Hi Guys

We have looked into the idea of linking our twitter feed to Facebook but a Social Media guru has advised against the plan, as we want to keep the two mediums separate. I will very soon sound like a broken record but one of our many summer plans is to develop our Facebook site and hopefully provide a separate source of information to the official website and twitter.

Another of our plans for the quieter months of May and June is developing the car-sharing scheme suggested on here, and that maybe something we run in conjunction with this forum, and others.

The one other development we are hoping to explore before the end of the season is restarting regular interviews on Gulls Player. We have been hampered by the absence of someone with video expertise but a recent recruit to the team has the skills to help us out. It will probably only start with one video per week but the dream is to increase that over time.

Three points at Morecambe is next on the list please.

Cheers,
Tim
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

This has reminded me as well of the 'InsidePlainmoor' Youtube account, what's happening with that as the last upload was 8 months ago?
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

OllieGull wrote:This has reminded me as well of the 'InsidePlainmoor' Youtube account, what's happening with that as the last upload was 8 months ago?
If I remember correctly, someone posted on this forum last season to say they'd made a few videos on that account as a project, but I'm guessing either he or the club have declined to take it further. Shame really, as most of the videos on there were great.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

DTUFC wrote: If I remember correctly, someone posted on this forum last season to say they'd made a few videos on that account as a project, but I'm guessing either he or the club have declined to take it further. Shame really, as most of the videos on there were great.
Yeah the videos were a great way of showing the personalities of some of the players plus small fun trivial videos. If anything the media side if of the club should look into promoting the Youtube account and re starting it again instead of the Facebook page, if it was promoted well I'm sure it'd get quite a positive response!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

It's all very well putting interviews on the pay site but some of us think the way the main company run the site make it not worth the money as it is of poor quality. I won't pay up for interviews which appear somewhere else later on for free. Neither will i pay for a site where the match commentary link is so poor that your just as likely to not get it as get it. It's all very well the company who runs these site saying they can get good reception. But most customers do not have the money to constantly upgrade their computers like some can. Neither do some of them have the skill to work out whey they are losing signal all the time. You only have to look at the match day threads to see the number of people moaning they can't get a link.
One of the saving graces of TUFC's use of this site is that they didn't put up stuff we had to pay to see. We can just sign on and what we want it there. The site is not good enough quality to justify the fine for using it at present. Some of us want value for money. This does not deliver it. Not the clubs fault. It's FLPTV or whoever is now running it.
If we see quality we will pay for it. If we see poor quality we will not pay for it. Simples!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

<Team name> Player seem to be a universally shite system. I don't think I've yet seen a club where the fans are delighted with it. Not saying it's a mitigation, Glos, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a better service to come along. It seems as though the Football League has been stiffed with a compulsory system which is, like the compulsory website design, not really up to much, then leaving clubs to pick up the pieces.

Matt.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Could we also have confirmation on the OS that Chris Brass is part of the coaching set up? Seems to have made a change since he has come in to help too...
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

I keep forgetting to mention it time and time again, so I will now, whilst I remember!

Can we not get a clock/timer on the big screen?
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Rach wrote:I keep forgetting to mention it time and time again, so I will now, whilst I remember!

Can we not get a clock/timer on the big screen?
I agree
Last edited by RussianGull on 21 Apr 2013, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I mentioned this on another thread a while ago ! But that screen is so under-used in terms of match information...it just tells us the score & we know that! Maybe it could display the scorers as well? Don't always hear the announcements (hopefully because of all the cheering!) 'cos the PA system isn't brilliant! Sometimes better than it used to be...
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

As far as I know (and I'm confident of this, but it's the Candyman's thread), we have a guy operating the screen free of charge. It's not as simple as you'd imagine and we will see increase in the utilisation of the various features of the screen as time goes on.

Matt.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

EddUK12 wrote:more pointless and annoying adverts.

keep it simple. have the teams, the score, scorers and a clock on it.

or the great britsh bake of when its on
Genius, and wheres all the revenue, which is the whole purpose of the screen going to come from?