What Are You Listening To?

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:Kim Wilde, Kids in America. Guilty pleasure, love it.

Now onto Led Zeppelin, Black Dog. Got the rest of Led Zeppelin 4 for the rest of the journey home.

Got a bottle of Pure Un Ubu in hand waiting for the train, but I guess that's for the real ale thread eh Andy!
What the hell is that?!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

listened to a nice eclectic collection of songs on the way home tonight . artists were -

the rolling stones.
james brown (the godfather, indeed). :)
queen. :bow:
tom jones (sex bomb, dont ask).
lionel richie (smooth).
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

austrianandygull wrote:What the hell is that?!!
Oops. Meant to put 'Pure Ubu' but of course my phone decided to put an 'Un' in there. See the whinging thread! I have been busy tonight......

It's my favourite Real Ale.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Another Nickel Creek tune - quality musicians, quality tune

At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

mainly been listening to talksport on the radio when driving but when that gets a bit sh!t its been queen live at wembley :bow: or guns and roses.

however after viewing the film rock of ages last week it reminded me of the era i grew up in and waves of nostalgia washed over me. before the film was finished i had reached for the laptop and bought whitesnake and foreigners greatest hits on play.com for less than 4 quid for the 2.

in the days waiting for them to arrive i trashed my house searching for some old soft rock compilations i knew were hiding somewhere. i was not disappointed and indeed have been driving around in the 'hood on my daily rounds blasting out hits from, journey, free, deep purple, kiss, poison, david lee roth, thunder, boston, lynyrd skynyrd, zz top and many more. great stuff.

foreigner and whitesnake arrived, i have been giving them both a good thrashing and was surprised at how many songs both had done that i have heard a lot of and didnt know it was them, especially in films . some of its very dated, there are a few timeless classics on both albums but overall they are both a good listen :)

for less than 4 quid the pair i got a bargain.

i bet andys reaching for the sick bucket right now. :Z
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:

Not at all mate, old school rock is happening! :~D

I've got to admit to not liking ANY of the bands you've listed (surprise surprise :~D ) but i don't mind a bit of Def Leppard, Iron Maiden and Aerosmith.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

yep, got def leppard and aerosmith greatest, the wifes into leppard.their drummer is f***ing inspiring.havent got any maiden but what ive heard of them is not bad.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Time to introduce a little culture (for AustrianAndy) :

:~D
Last edited by Gullscorer on 13 Apr 2013, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Shocking to think this was nearly 30 years ago
Raindogs and Swordfish Trombones wtill take some beating...
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

Just lately I've been searching this t'internet thing for a few old tracks which have long since joined many a track in vinyl heaven.... those of you who know your local music scene from the late 70s may recall a band from the Grammar school called Das Schnitz.... well, yep, listening to their e.p. (remember them??) right now..... loved it back then, sounds bloody awful now!

Apparently they had a 'reunion' and played a gig somewhere in London (I think!) not so long back.... watched it on Youtube....absolute sh!te! =D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Scorer, that BDW rendition is utterly horrific, yet strangely beguiling. Whoever mentioned Aerosmith has excellent taste. That said, for the last fortnight, in between bouts of Classic FM, I have been listening, non-stop, to Adele's live at the RAH album. Perfect

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Feeder...Brilliant
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Wye Oak...Fish
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

After I took my Dad to the gig in Exeter at the weekend, I can't stop listening to The Beat.

[youtube]e2c01fK6s5M[/youtube]