Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Coley,

You said before
"When are people going to take responsibility for their own lives, decisions and perhaps mistakes"
Surely, by going off sick, staying away from the area and keeping quiet IS Lings way of being responsible, and taking responsibility for his own life, decisions and mistakes.

Trojan,

Agree with both of your statements, however both of the illnesses you mention are pure speculation when it comes to Ling. I expect we will, rightly or wrongly, never know what has happened.
As far as I'm concerned Ling is still the manager and, until something else happens, he will get my support. Like I said before, if the team starts off badly, or we end up in a similar position to where we are now (but earlier in the season), I would expect either a sacking or a resignation to occur.
Until that time I will support the manager.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Intense pressure, high stress jobs can often involve regular psychiatric evaluations. At my last evaluation I was sh*t scared the mind f*cks would find me sane!

:O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Point taken Scott, but part of the responsibility is to release some news so that we aren't arguing and getting totally frustrated particually as there is a relegation battle going on. Media is part of the job. Ling has always had plenty to say...He's still (as you keep reminding us)the manager of a professional sports team for God's sake
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No chance of that mate :)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

coley wrote:Point taken Scott, but part of the responsibility is to release some news so that we aren't arguing and getting totally frustrated particually as there is a relegation battle going on. Media is part of the job. Ling has always had plenty to say...He's still (as you keep reminding us)the manager of a professional sports team for God's sake
No it isn't. Any illness is a private thing. Specualtion is neither here nor there in this case and as the man has a contract there's nothing that needs saying as far as I'm concerned.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
Trojan,

Agree with both of your statements, however both of the illnesses you mention are pure speculation when it comes to Ling.
My statements are drawn from general observations with no name(s) inferred. When it comes to speculation and Ling, I'll leave that to those who speculate.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:No chance of that mate :)

:clap:

:)
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Shouldn't have wasted your time then....What ever the problem is, it's causing a lot of people a lot of stress, if you think that's fine and normal ...ok, your opinion.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

coley wrote:Shouldn't have wasted your time then....What ever the problem is, it's causing a lot of people a lot of stress, if you think that's fine and normal ...ok, your opinion.

Haha, where's your evidence for that? A few people on a fans forum are unhappy and you think you can speak for the mental health of a lot of people?

Get real.
Dave

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

coley wrote:Shouldn't have wasted your time then....What ever the problem is, it's causing a lot of people a lot of stress, if you think that's fine and normal ...ok, your opinion.
It's not causing people stress, people are getting hacked off because they can't find out what is wrong with our manager.

At the end of the day, it is NOBODY ELSES BUSINESS what is wrong with him!!

If people can't handle that, TOUGH!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SkyBlueGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SkyBlueGull »

Southampton Gull wrote:He has a contract so there isn't much the Club can do about it other than welcome him back. As for it being his team well yes it is but he identified that it wasn't strong enough but wasn't allowed to bring in the targets he wanted. Knill came in and was afforded that luxury.

Martin Lings record of bringing in players is very good. Sure people can throw in exceptions but even Fergie has bought a few lemons in his time, Taibi anyone?

Olejnik, Saah, Downes, Howe, even Jarvis a player condemned by many previously has shown he does have ability at this level. Bodin splits opinion but is a junior international and will prove his detractors wrong. Add Cruise and Leadbitter and it's obvious he has an eye for talent. Give the guy a chance to tweak the squad and see how things progress. He has already shown that he can succeed at this level if given the tools.
But when did he play Cruise and Leadbitter - only when he was forced to through suspensions to Nicho/Oastler. I am sure that if you look at the stats when everyone was available for selection Ling picked the same 11 or maximum of 13 players - he never changed it.

Its the same with Yeoman. We can all see the talent but its absolutely criminal if it isnt used.

Bit like me

a) having a Monet/Picasso and hanging it in the shed
b) having a rolex and wearing it on my d#ck
c) Having Denise Van Outen as my girlfriend and insisting she wears a burka

Disclaimer - these are all theoretical examples - I dont posess any of these things - well I do have a shed and a d#ck
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Different context mate. No doubting their ability and were Ling signings. He has an eye for a player and I'm sure he saw them as ones for the future.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SkyBlueGull wrote:
We can all see the talent but its absolutely criminal if it isnt used.

Bit like me

a) having a Monet/Picasso and hanging it in the shed
b) having a rolex and wearing it on my d#ck
c) Having Denise Van Outen as my girlfriend and insisting she wears a burka

The results are in from the panel . . . . . .

for a) . . . . . . :clap:

for b) . . . . . . :lol:

for c) . . . . . . :rofl:
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

coley wrote:Wodger, why not back off mate, this is a fans open website not a Court of Law. We all use different expressions and Brucie has explained that, he is not arguing or forcing his point with you. I have to agree with some of his comments. We seem nowadays to be expected to except that peoples personal problems (if that is the case) is everyone's problem. When are people going to take responsibility for their own lives, decisions and perhaps mistakes !
I am sure that Brucie is well able to look after himself, but it's time that he learned to use his words more carefully. You just can't post inaccurate comments on the internet, especially if they are libelous or hurtful to the person who is being written about. Would you be happy if you were certificated sick by a doctor & someone stated that you were awol?
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Trojan 67 wrote:Alcoholism is an addiction that leads to illness.
Some among us have no sympathy for self inflicted illness.
As for stress, get out of the kitchen before becoming overcome by the heat.
Presumably you would apply that principle evenhandedly, for example, to smokers who get lung or throat cancer, to people who try to kill themselves, to people hit by a vehicle when they step onto the highway without looking, to people injured whilst engaged in sports despite knowing the risks, people who cannot stop eating, etc..?

The truth is that what at first appears to be self-inflicted usually has its origins in matters beyond the control of the afflicted, whether it be depression, mental illness, personality disorder, genetic deficiencies, or stress. So is it really for us to judge and condemn somebody so afflicted? Instead, perhaps a little humanity and compassion would be more helpful all round..