Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Matt85 wrote:
Let's get that result on Saturday and brush this one under the carpet.
That is precisely what concerns many. Some have expressed that they won't be spending their pension/dole/pocket money dollars at Plainmoor next season.They must have heeded the following :

"Do not let that which does not make sense cost you dollars"
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Matt85 wrote:This whole issue is ridiculous. EITHER way we end up with a decent mangaer, whether it's Ling or Knill. Knill, great manager don't get m wrong and he keeps us up and stays next season great!
Lingy got us to the playoffs last season. People have also questioned his ability to bring in players. The first two that spring to mind are Bobby and Rene. 81 points this season would have seen us 2nd.
We were 6points from playoffs with a game in hand when Lingy was taken ill. One of the worst runs for our club in many years was under Taylor.
Let's get that result on Saturday and brush this one under the carpet. No worries for next season whateber happens.
If asked to comment I would express the opinion that this is an excellent first post, may I be so blod as to offer a few tips regarding your future posts.

First of all do make sure that you make a few small mistakes with punctuation, start off slowly, you will get better given time, the best thing is to leave out a question mark as I have done above. This is always good for winding people up!
See "blod" above, don't bother with spelling mistakes as most of the people posting on this forum would not recognize one if it jumped up a bit them on the arse.
Typos are always good, you should always try to inclkude at least one in your posts (excellent I see that you are alreadt quite good at this.)
If you are bored do try to make something up, a good example of this would be to state that David Beckham is buying Oldway Mansions for Vicky & the kids, & will be joining T.U.F.C. as a player/director.
Finally do try to include a foreign word or phrase as this is also good for annoying people.

Bonjour :) :) :clap: :clap: :) :) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Last edited by wodger of awabia on 25 Apr 2013, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Matt85 wrote:This whole issue is ridiculous. EITHER way we end up with a decent mangaer, whether it's Ling or Knill. Knill, great manager don't get me wrong and he keeps us up and stays next season great!
Lingy got us to the playoffs last season. People have also questioned his ability to bring in players. The first two that spring to mind are Bobby and Rene. 81 points this season would have seen us 2nd.
We were 6points from playoffs with a game in hand when Lingy was taken ill. One of the worst runs for our club in many years was under Taylor.
Let's get that result on Saturday and brush this one under the carpet. No worries for next season whateber happens.
Thank Christ this is so badly written, people might confuse us. Same name, evidently born the same year, same sensible views on Dinger...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Don't be so unkind to Matt85. It's a really good post, and makes a lot of sense. Lets get Sat. over and take it from there. ;-) :devil:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I agree. An excellent post from Matt85, with which I am in full agreement. :-D

But who is this Ferrarilover upstart..?? =D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

More reported news . . . . . . .

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Torqu ... z2ROqyAPsB

Almost said facts :nod: :whip:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"All discussions about the future have been put on hold in recent weeks, as United fought to stay up.But a senior director indicated, ahead of a board meeting last night, that there was now a clear list of priorities.

First, United need to clinch their Football League status in Saturday's final game of the season against Bristol Rovers at Plainmoor.

Second, the manager's position must be resolved as soon as the club's status is confirmed.

And third, that man will draw up the player retained list."

And fine-knill-ley, who will be that man ?
If it's Ling, expect the same under performing piss takers next season as this season. A man's illness is one thing, taking advantage of it is another.
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

I'm pretty sure I've joined a football forum?

Nonetheless thanks for the tip on spellings. I'll get my posts proof read from now on, especially if I type them on my phone whilst walking to work. If not, then I certcertainly appreciate any mistakes to be highlighted in future, so can learn frim them.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Looks pretty clear from this article that Ling is coming back:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22294041
TUST member 203
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

*Engleesh wos knot mi beast supjeck at scool ether.

*spellchecker off

*click here for pisstaker off
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

Trojan 67 what else apart from brushing this season under the carpet do you expect to take from it?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The only thing he'll take from it is incontinence ;-)
Dave

Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

Haha! I've worked that one out already!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:The only thing he'll take from it is incontinence ;-)
Aye, I am known for taking the piss, literally. :Oops:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Matt85 wrote:Trojan 67 what else apart from brushing this season under the carpet do you expect to take from it?

NO NO NO !!! This season must not be swept under the carpet. All aspects of it need to be forensically examined.

What do I expect to take from it ? At this very moment ?

I'm on my way to take the p . . .