The Bookies Odds Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

have just had £20 @ 100/1 for us to go down.
also backed the gargs too - £10 @ 40/1 both with paddy power.

was going to have "cover bet" - barnsley and the gulls to survive. barnsley a very tightfisted 6/4 and us at 8/13....bo**ocks to that! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:have just had £20 @ 100/1 for us to go down.
also backed the gargs too - £10 @ 40/1 both with paddy power.

was going to have "cover bet" - barnsley and the gulls to survive. barnsley a very tightfisted 6/4 and us at 8/13....bo**ocks to that! :@
Have I misread your post? where are we 8/13 to stay up, that can't be right...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Bitchie Renault wrote: Have I misread your post? where are we 8/13 to stay up, that can't be right...
it was on skybet.

Might now also have a tenner on the Fleets at 7/2. as matt said on another thread that seems very generous even though AFC need the win.

EDIT - can get them at 4/1!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

ferrarilover wrote:
With Bet365, all 5 results coming in which would see us relegated (Rovers away, D&R v York draw, Barnet away, Plymouth or Draw, Wombles home) is 105/1

I'm having a fiver on it, you know, just in case.

Interestingly, Wombles to beat Fleetwood is 8/11, with the Fleetwood win at 7/2. Had this game been 6 weeks ago, those odds would have been the other way round. Even the bookies don't discount the power of need over ability. (I might still have a couple of shillings on Fleetwood in any case, that does seem too good to turn down)

Matt.
You need 4 fiveways to cover every eventuality according to my info. Got 4 x £2.50's on just that very combination (you missed a Barnet draw and us losing heavily). 600 back if the worst happens. I look at it as an insurance policy.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Just been to the Bookies:

£10 on Torquay to be relegated at 66-1 (William Hill)

£5 accumulator - Wimbledon, Barnet & Plymouth win, Dagenham v York draw
£5 accumulator - Wimbledon & Barnet win, Plymouth & Dagenham v York draw

I'm convinced that the other results will go against us, in which case I'll win £211 or £227.
Consolation if we go down will be about about £880.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

66 - 1 !!!!

What happenned to the 100 - 1 ????

Have we slipped in the bookies eyes?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Probably the amount of people having a bet on us

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Or he got right royally mugged and could've had much better odds.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Yeah, we were nowhere near the 100/1 on Ladbrokes, I thjnk it was around the 60 mark to 1. But I got 100/1 on Coral
Bitchie Renault

Post by Bitchie Renault »

Corals and Paddy Power both still 100/1 this morning. You can get this price online or in their shops.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChineseGull »

A lot of people wasting money here.. I don't think 100/1 represents good value. To the poster who took 66/1, I've just called the cops, you've been robbed.

The value this weekend for people who are actually looking to make money from gambling, is in my opinion, betting against the teams whose price is far too short just because they have something to play for. I'll be laying Wimbledon at 1.82 but may back them at a bigger price around the hour mark if they're still level or behind, as it's in the latter stages of the game where desire will overcome ability.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's not wasting money, Chinese, me old china, it's an insurance policy. I've just had a tenner on all the results going against us, that comes in at a shade over 100/1.
The logic is, would I pay a tenner to keep us up? Yes
Would I feel better about relegation if I had a bag of sand in my pocket? Yes.

I can't lose.

Matt.

Interestingly, I haven't looked properly, but a Fleetwood & Rovers double seems to be coming in at almost 18/1 with 365, maybe a little more elsewhere. These two prices are based on those teams having nothing to play for and facing teams who need points to avoid the drop. Still, talent is talent and those two matches, say, 6 weeks ago would have been a 4/1 double. All aboard the value train.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChineseGull »

Yeah, I'll give you that one. I'm just in favour of keeping betting separate from my support of Torquay. Lets hope that everyone's relegation bet is a loser and I can spend my Aldershot winnings on a night of celebration. Incidentally, Powers have gone in to 80/1 but Coral are standing firm at 100s.

With regards to Fleetwood, the bet is even better value when you consider that if it's level with 5 minutes left, Wimbledon will throw Neil Sullivan and his kitchen sink forward in search of a winner, paving the way for a Torres v Barcelona style winner.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

had a nailed on double. us and barnsley to win £10 @ 8/1.

TUST Member 468

ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChineseGull »

That's a tough one to take, especially when the less likely one came in. Had a late back of Real Madrid to qualify at 95 tonight, thought Diego Lopez was gonna make me some money at the end there.

Skybet and BetVictor have outrights up for League 2 next season: http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... son-winner

Obviously it depends on signings and how the playoffs go but it's a good indicator of where the bookies have everyone finishing. I think Rochdale and Mansfield will be exceed expectations and relegated sides Hartlepool and Scunthorpe will under achieve. They've got us as relegation candidates which is fair enough but i'd have us finishing 14th.