Alan Knill CONFIRMED as new Torquay manager

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

It was £280 actually but eh! It is American too!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Haha, £500 of the most advanced micro-computer technology can't cope with Knill. My 4p HB pencil can write every word, in every language, first time, every time. Progress?

Matt.
Not if you're still the idiot holding said pencil :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Do we believe this, then??
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

knills yelow army!!! will be interesting now to see who he wants to keep on board
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Chippy there is no reason not to believe what Ryan (Y4life) says, do not think it is a secret he has both reffereed and been an assistant for both our acadmey and development squad games, so unless Deano has told a real pack of lies, I would say it is true.

Also if the club and Knill were poles apart in terms of his personal contract and player budgets we would have heard something and Knilly would probably have gone home, and our club would be drawing up a short list of potential candidates.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

chippygull wrote:Do we believe this, then??
Y4L is board staff, has 1200 posts to his name and is known to the club. There is absolutely no reason to doubt his credibility. Equally, Deano has no reason to lie (and if he's going to lie, the lie won't be a confirmation that Knilly Allen is staying). So, yes, we very much believe it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Don't suppose you have any news on Brass Y4L? For me - this is as equally as important as Knill as things really turned round when he arrived to assist.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Nothing on Brass unfortunately, didn't want to push my luck with what was asked!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I presume no news is good news(for those that want Knill manager). Surely an announcement must be made Tuesday.
Lucy
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

players were told a couple of days ago that Knill had accepted the job so it's all done. Imagine it'll be announced later on.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

*drums fingers, bites nails*
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

@brentpilnick: BREAKING: My sources tell me that #TUFC will appoint Alan Knill as #Torquay manager later today.
The gulls are going up
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

You all beat me, but here's the press release...

ALAN APPOINTED
TORQUAY United are delighted to announce that Alan Knill has been confirmed as our new manager.
The club has been in negotiations with Alan since the decision was taken to part ways with former boss Martin Ling at the end of the season.
It is obviously a great relief for everyone at the club to have the managerial situation sorted so quickly and we look forward to a long and happy spell under Alan’s stewardship.
‘’I am absolutely thrilled to welcome Alan Knill as the new manager of our club,’’ said United chairwoman Thea Bristow.
‘’Alan was obviously the number one candidate for the job and I would like to personally thank him for his efforts last season.
‘’We welcome him to the permanent position of Torquay United manager and look forward to happy times ahead.’’
Alan began his relationship with the Gulls back in February after joining the club to take over from Martin Ling, who had been struck down by a debilitating illness.
Over the next two months, he would experience a number of highs and lows, but the ultimate objective of League 2 survival was achieved with a 3-3 draw against Bristol Rovers on the final day of a traumatic season.
A tough centre-half in his playing days, Alan was born in Slough and developed his game as a trainee with Southampton. He signed as a professional with the Saints in 1982 but was unable to break into the first-team, prompting a move north to Halifax Town.
Three years at The Shay enabled him to cement his professional credentials and a switch to Swansea City arrived in 1987. His next stop was Bury, where he would later return as a managerial saviour.
Toward the end of his four seasons at Gigg Lane, he enjoyed a brief spell on loan with Cardiff, later moving to Scunthorpe in a permanent deal. The final club of his proud playing career was a stint at Rotherham between 1997 and 2001. His one Welsh cap was a World Cup qualifier against Holland in 1988.
Alan’s managerial career began with Rotherham in 2005 and his experience with the Millers was put to good use during a spell on the coaching staff at Chesterfield.
A return to Bury arrived in February 2008 and the union immediately worked. His first full season in charge of the Shakers ended with the club finishing just one place outside the automatic promotion slots.
Alan then had to deal with the disappointment of a semi-final play-off defeat to Shrewsbury on penalties, but he was back in the promotion race for the 2010-11 season. Bury were flying high when Championship outfit Scunthorpe came looking for a former hero.
The Iron were sadly on the decline and Knill was unable to save the club from relegation after many of the stars procured by Nigel Adkins had left for bigger clubs. Alan departed Scunthorpe last October and took over for his initial spell as United boss in February.
Now the partnership has been made permanent, we all wish him every success at our special club.
Alan will be formally unveiled in a press conference at Plainmoor on Thursday.
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest