Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Andy,
Postal orders are fine.
All the best.
Andrew
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Thanks so much Andrew. I've just emailed Peter now so hopefully i can get something sorted.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Competition Number 1:

Raffle / Auction for all fans, whoever wins has there name as number 99 appears in all home programmes for the year and they get a shirt.

Competition Number 2:

Auction for 2 days training with the lads during pre-season, obviously no football (insurance reasons etc), but they can be involved in all the running etc, now I would pay a lot I pay my personal trainer £25 an hour, so a 2 day crash course!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

exiledgull wrote:Competition Number 1:

Raffle / Auction for all fans, whoever wins has there name as number 99 appears in all home programmes for the year and they get a shirt.

Competition Number 2:

Auction for 2 days training with the lads during pre-season, obviously no football (insurance reasons etc), but they can be involved in all the running etc, now I would pay a lot I pay my personal trainer £25 an hour, so a 2 day crash course!
Couple of ace ideas these. I'd edit the second one to include the football, otherwise it's boot camp and really not much fun. I reckon Andy'll go for this though (when he is much less busy doing yet more excellent work for the club).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Further on from your idea for auctioning shirt number 99 for the season, why not bid for it each game, like match sponsors are sourced?
Perhaps 25 games at minimum £75-100 would generate more than one bid of maybe £500 max. Also family and friends may attend game if the weekly winner had the whole matchday thing and knocked around before the game.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Nope, health and safety Nazis won't allow it. I can't remember the whole reason, but it's definitely the fault of some **** with a clipboard and too much time on his hands.

Matt.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Andy, I've just had another thought (posted on another thread). Could we move the TV camera to the back of the Bench to offer a much better angle and cover the whole pitch more evenly? I'm sure there are a million and one problems with the suggestion, but I thought I'd mention it, you know, just in case.

Matt.
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

I suspect they may fear obstruction of the camera at the back of the bench along with it making the part above the pop irrelevant. Does the video analyst use the same camera as the TV camera? This may also be a problem as they may prefer the view from up there.

No doubt, the steepness of the bench will probably have something to do with it.

I'd still prefer it in the bench however as then it could show the popside on TV(football league show) as sometimes this season, the bench has looked rather tragic being so big and yet looking so empty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I've watched a few games from the bench this season and believe me, the Pop looks pretty empty as well. Especially week nights.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

If we get a good season next season, and that is a big if, while playing attractive football, then crowd levels could increase. In my opinion a fuller pop will still look better on TV than the bench, but we are only talking about a few seconds each week on TV.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

SteveDeckchair wrote:I've watched a few games from the bench this season and believe me, the Pop looks pretty empty as well. Especially week nights.
here here.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Thumbs up to the new improved Facebook updates. Just need more people to 'like' it and interact with it - at present only 131 likes.
mcgull1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodny Jack Jack Jack

Post by mcgull1 »

Hi, was just wondering if details of any membership scheme will be released before the end of the early-bird period? I would like to see what is on offer before deciding what to do for next season.....
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi,
Membership details will be released in the next 2 weeks as we are still in the early bird period for season tickets. Season tickets generate much needed income for the Club during the summer so we will always push these before the Membership scheme. If you email or phone me I will give you a broad idea of what is being planned but not yet finalised.
Regards,
Andrew