Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Oh dear.. The headline of that BBC Southwest report referred to Mrs Bristow as the chairman. She's the chairwoman for heaven's sake!

Could have been worse I suppose. They could have used those awful words 'chairperson' or 'chair'...!! :@
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Gullscorer wrote:Oh dear.. The headline of that BBC Southwest report referred to Mrs Bristow as the chairman. She's the chairwoman for heaven's sake!

Could have been worse I suppose. They could have used those awful words 'chairperson' or 'chair'...!! :@
She's happy to be called either.

"MY name is Thea Bristow and I have recently agreed to take on the role as chairwoman of Torquay United Football Club. I am also happy to be called chairman, as this is the position and not the gender, but please avoid chairperson – this is just too PC and sounds horrible"

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 62134.aspx

:scarf:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

That looked to be an incredibly harsh ordeal for Thea. So Lingy lacked enthusiaism? The fact he couldn't be bothered to spend more then about 3 or 4 days a week in the Bay gave that impression? How odd. Hopefully Knill will work the players a bit harder. Afterall, hard work does pay dividends.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Flippin' heck Andy. I'm shattered after reading your last post. :rofl: :lol: (Cue bugle player......Last Post....no....ok)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Andy's last post ? Has the Forum not put him on our retained list then ? :~D
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

diamondgirl wrote:As for Thea. She is a much stronger woman than some people give her credit for. Over time, I believe she will prove to be a very capable chairwoman. :)
Indeed, I'm sure she is. People forget that it isnt easy being thrust into the spotlight when you're not used to it.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Andy's last post ? Has the Forum not put him on our retained list then ? :~D

Ha ha very funny, although it could be his last post, as he seems to have gone into meltdown. :lol:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Tote end on tour
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Tote end on tour »

I have to say watching Mrs Lotto's interview on BBC Sport must go down as the most cringeworthy interview of all time ....... Dear oh dear
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've just this minute watched it and i have total sympathy for her. To be put in a position like that without any media training must have been extremely daunting and i felt for her to be honest. It was completely embarrassing i know but i don't think anything less of her for that. We've all hit mental blocks in job interviews and wished the ground would swallow us up so who are we to judge. If she were expected to be media savvy then obviously the interview would have been seen as a complete disaster but she's not, she's just an ordinary woman who cares enough about Torquay United Football Club to let Martin Ling waste 50k of her own cash on a pup as well as helping get the bench up. I think people should lay off to be fair and give her some support.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

What did he spend 50k of her money on?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

A pup
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I presume you are talking about Bodin?

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

yes, it was a subtle dig although a repetetive one. I have OCD after all. :clown: :clown:

I don't know if it's exclusively a northern saying but i believe it is, but up here we say 'thas bin sold a pup theer lad 'as' - which means in english 'he has been sold something that isn't what it should have been'.

In essence they've been ripped off.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Thought so.

It wasn't 50k of HER money: http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Fairy-Bod- ... z2SvUWMqYR

Also, if he "wasted" 50k of HER money then he also made HER a ton of it too....530k approx if the truth be told.

STIP
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

It wasn't Thea who paid for Bodin, it was a "mystery" donor.