What Are You Listening To?

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't know if any of you have heard of a group called 2:54 , they are irish modern shoegazers with a female vocalist and their CD is most agreeable.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

got a stereophonics greatest hits cd for my birthday.been checking it out in the car.

meh, its alright, a few good tunes that just about stand out but nothing worth doing cartwheels over.

a quite good cover of handbags and gladrags, which if im right was used as the theme tune for the office. not as good as rod stewarts version though.

the lead singer could do with a few doses of covonia or sucking on some strepsils, the whispery, gravelly voice style he does, just sounds like he has a sore throat.

to be honest im still hooked on, and constantly listening to the big hair rockers of the 80's that i rediscovered lately such as whitesnake and foreigner.well worth a listen.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Deftones - White Pony
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Upside down by Paloma Faith. She's bonkers!!!!
Oblivion!!!!
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

All very cool apart from the moustache...reminds me of the slug balancer in blackadder
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Deftones - White Pony
Great album!

Still gutted that Chi Cheng died though.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yep, tragic accident. On the scale of musicians to which tragedy befell them though my most gutted moment was when Layne Staley of Alice In Chains died of an o/d. Such a waste.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Agreed, very tragic deaths. People see being a rock star as some easy life, but it just isn't. Your entire life revolves around what you do and in the process you basically give up your family, friends and everyone you know to spend hours a day on a tour bus playing to thousands of people you don't know whilst spending the rest of your time performing with and sharing a cramped space with maybe 10 people who you probably have gotten sick to death of by now. I really can't see it being a glamorous lifestyle.
Luke.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

The truth by Limp Bizkit , the last song on the collection album. Put the mother on f*cking full and bounce off the f*cking walls my good men and women!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGednQsQ-h8

just turn this f*cker up and go insane, bounce off the walls and smash your crockery!! Go wild!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE F*CKING DONE PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD HAVE LOVED TO BE IN THAT ROOM!!!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

QUEEN - for hours and hours and hours. day and night. really, really loudly at a deafeningly loud obnoxious noise level. i am doing my level best to p1ss the neighbours off because they obviously have no appreciation of decent, proper music and they need to be educated in such ways.

IN FACT THOSE THAT HAVE COMPLAINED HAVE BEEN TOLD TO POLITELY GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY.

only joking guys. have listened to it a little bit in the car, by myself thats about it.my music, my opinion, my taste i dont force it upon others because i appreciate we all have different tastes.

i also have respect and consideration for my neighbours, coz i know how p1ssed off i would be if someone was playing bloody rhianna, lady ga ga or nicky minge really loudly all day or night.

the wife gets told to 'kin turn that crap off after 30 seconds.

mainly this week i have been checking out a couple of albums by EMINEM that I got from a car boot sale for a quid each.

i think over the 2 albums i have found about 4 songs that are half decent and might be worth listening to again. the rest is just repetative, inane sh1te.

who in hell said he was a poet and a lyrical genius. i dont get most of it. as for rapping there are many who have a better style and listenable tone who arent a fraction as famous or rich. i dont get it, i just dont get it.

its not just me getting old i still listen to some of the old rap, gangsta rap and hip hop from back in the day and it still sounds fresh and quality to me. i still bob 'me 'ead, shuffle and tap 'me feet with the best of 'em.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:

just turn this f*cker up and go insane, bounce off the walls and smash your crockery!! Go wild!!
yeah, quite liked that. love the guys light up guitar.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I quite liked that Andy, the bass at the start was very Tool-esque and the rest was basically a RATM song, which is basically like saying someone looks a bit too much like Brad Pitt.
Luke.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

Yeah, a mate showed it to me one night when we were jamming. At first I flatly refused to entertain it because I don't like Limp Bizkit as a general rule, a bit too mainstream and radio friendly but I eventually gave it a watch and I just went f*cking bananas. Mental. Love the intro, like you said a bit Tool-esque and the vocals a bit RATM who I love and just a nailed on rhythm and a bit of grind guitar. Kiss my face! :)