chris brass

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

So is Brassy coming to TUFC or not? 9 days ago we were informed that he was going to sign, within 48 hours. Paul John tells us yesterday that "Brassy will sign just got a few things to sort out" Today Paul John tells us that he (Brassy not Paul John) has been approached by Brizzle Rovers :Z
Not having a go at Paul John, just confused. Come on guys. Someone must know the truth. :whistle:
Come on Brassy. Do this :rules: You know you want to.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Iv'e never really understood why a new football manager expects to bring in his own man as an assistant manager. If you employed a manager to run say a large factory, I don't suppose that you would also employ his friend to help him. Surely you would tell him to train up his existing staff to carry out his instructions.
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Paul John »

He agreed verbally to come but has not been offered an official contract in writing as no one has approached him officially from the club so has looked elsewhere. Oh and yes he wanted to sign!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is not the story being peddled by the club.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wodger of awabia wrote:Iv'e never really understood why a new football manager expects to bring in his own man as an assistant manager. If you employed a manager to run say a large factory, I don't suppose that you would also employ his friend to help him. Surely you would tell him to train up his existing staff to carry out his instructions.
dont talk wet.

of course they do.

sorry jerry ref - players to bring in thread...... :rofl:
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 24 May 2013, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Paul John »

How can the club peddle a story when no directors have spoken to him???? :-| :-|
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

" of course they do."
Yes, I know but it only happens in football & not in the real world. (as far as I know )
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wodger of awabia wrote:" of course they do."
Yes, I know but it only happens in football & not in the real world. (as far as I know )
who gives a sh*t about the real world?

this is Torquay United FC.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

really hoping that Paul John is playing wind-up; still trusting in RoadRunner!!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Surely, the fact that Shaun Taylor is on gardening leave (trans ~ he ain't gonna be here much longer and we don't want him to be privy to behind-the-scenes discussions/strategy) is an indication that Brass's arrival is imminent?
TUST member 203
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Certainly means it is highly likely he will be leaving. Doesn't mean that Brass will be stepping into his place though. Mr Knill must know others capable of doing the job.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

brassy will sign this week.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

ROADRUNNER wrote:brassy will sign this week.
:goodpost: :)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Paul John wrote:He agreed verbally to come but has not been offered an official contract in writing as no one has approached him officially from the club so has looked elsewhere. Oh and yes he wanted to sign!
Eh? It may be different at other clubs but at TUFC the Board of Directors very much leave all football matters to the Football Manager i.e. Alan Knill .... particularly when it comes to appointing HIS assistant. I would imagine that Knill has been doing all the negotiating between the Board and Brass in so far as terms etc.

Knill himself has said that the reason for the delay in Brass accepting the post has been because he has one or two "loose ends" to clear up at HIS end. Indeed you yourself have posted to the effect that he (Brass) needed time to tell other interested parties of his decision before committing himself.

Knill has since confirmed that he was expecting everything to be tied up (to include the issue and signing of a contract presumably) this week.

If, as you suggest, at the eleventh hour, Bristol Rovers have come in and offered him more money, when as you say yourself he has verbally agreed a deal, then let's not dress this up as anything else! I would imagine Alan Knill would feel hugely let down by his friend Chris Brass if he does decide to renege on the deal they had agreed, particularly when it was Knill who appointed him at both Bury and Scunthorpe and turned to him again when he got the job with us.

I really hope that Brass stays loyal and sticks to his word. He seems, from all that you have said, to be an honourable individual and not the type to let someone down as badly as you suggest. If he should decide to take up the BRFC position then good luck to him with that but whilst it may appear to be a better proposition financially and undoubtedly a bigger club, unlike TUFC he will not have anything like the job security and given their propensity to sack Managers could well be out of a job by Christmas! If he is serious about Managing again then I would suggest that his prospects with us, when Knill eventually moves on, would be far greater than with a club like Rovers!

I really hope that these rumours aren't true (are you his agent, Paul John?) and that Brass signs the deal early next week as indicated by ROADRUNNER.
Paul John
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Paul John »

I'm a Bury Fan and certainly no Jerry Maguire!! I speak to the Bury players who know Brassy well and I occasionally speak to him in Manchester. Basically he had agreed but wanted to see all in black and white and is still waiting he has told a player he still wants to come to Torquay I believe he is a man of his word but I know he is a man of principle! I'm interested in Brass and Knill as we had the best football at Gigg in my lifetime and genuinely want them to succeed again. If I hear anything else I will let you know fan to fan not to scare monger!