Politics

General chat about anything else goes here.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Hi Farrarilover :) :) :) :)
As you well know the whole of my post was rather "tongue in cheek" especially the bit suggesting that one of the partners being called Mrs.
The homosexuals have done a great job re-branding their lifestyle as "gay", brilliant marketing which I.M.O. has greatly softened peoples opinion of them, they used to be known as queers. They would have done even better if they had used another very nice English word....."merry", this would have got them extra publicity & popularity at Christmas time!
My post has been very unsuccessful as I don't appear to have "wound anybody up" My best wind up was on the Mail site at Budget time, where I suggested that fags should have been put up by £1.00 per packet. I also said that people who had been out of work for 2 years should have to take a smoking test, & if proven to be smokers should have their benefits cut, as they were plainly getting too much money. I had about 800 dislikes to 150 likes, & loads of replies from people who were outraged!
Bonjour. ;-) ;-) ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I know, I know. In fairness, I didn't mean for my reply to appear quite so serious. That Daily Mail thing sounds amusing, I might give it a go.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:I know, I know. In fairness, I didn't mean for my reply to appear quite so serious. That Daily Mail thing sounds amusing, I might give it a go.

Matt.
Good plan,if I may be so bold may I suggest the following topic to start you off, it should cause total outrage! ( I can't do it myself as I will be away from home with no broadband )

In yesterdays Times the correspondent from Sydney reported that a cull of 10,000 wild horses in the Outback is taking place. You could promote the health benefits of horse meat & suggest that the meat was made into sausages & exported to Europe, I am sure that you will be able to expand this post which I think will be a good one.
wodger :) :) :) :-D :-D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:quote="Gullscorer": "The OED states that 'homosexual' is another meaning of the word 'gay'..."

I've amended your quote. What it said before and what it says now mean precisely the same thing.
Matt.
You're wrong Matt. Even as one particular word can have more than one meaning, so no two words in the English language mean precisely the same thing. Those who think otherwise either do not fully understand the English Language or at least lack a knowledge of the words' etymologies.

Meaning, experience, context and memory are inextricably interwoven in our brains, and, because the experiences of each one of us are slightly different, the details of the meanings of our words are likewise different. The semantics of any one person are different from, and are influenced by, those of every other person, which is why, as you have indicated, the language is always changing and evolving. And which is why I challenge you to construct a general theory of semantics!

In other words, up yours... :na: =D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Semantics on this level gets very boring, very quickly. It seems like fun, until the fun is killed by taking it too far. There are people who try this in real life, some even take their silly opinions to Court. They are always laughed at.

As for you, Wodger, you are evil personified and will certainly be rewarded come Judgement Day.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

He's only a buhy, so give him some "know it all" leg room. If he lives to our age without being filled in (violently physically beaten up, stabbed, shot to death, beheaded, etc) then he'll be in a position of worldly wise wisdom to benefit the next up and coming generation of deaf ears of which he is an in the now full paid up member of the present.

Then again, advancing years are no guarantee of wisdom.

Met far too many knowledgeable 'rseholes to know this is so.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

wodger of awabia wrote:In yesterdays Times the correspondent from Sydney reported that a cull of 10,000 wild horses in the Outback is taking place. You could promote the health benefits of horse meat & suggest that the meat was made into sausages & exported to Europe, I am sure that you will be able to expand this post which I think will be a good one.
wodger :) :) :) :-D :-D
Wodger I heard they were culling camels in the Outback.

Talking of Australia, I've also heard that if you cross a sheep with a kangaroo, you get a woolly jumper. But what d'you get if you cross a camel with a kangaroo? A jumpy humper?

Anyway, back to politics: perhaps it's time the Australian PM was put out to grass? See this video: http://www.avoiceformen.com/video/one-b ... sing-lies/
Mind you, I don't have a very high opinion of Australian politicians, nor, for that matter, politicians in general..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think politicians can do no worse than look at Alan Partridge's three point plan for success.

THINK

ACT

THAT'S IT

Follow these easy steps and things will happen. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yet another reason to vote UKIP and get out of the EU.

http://news.sky.com/story/1097256/eu-to ... t-benefits
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I have to admit I'm swaying towards wanting to stay in the EU... even if the whole debate about it has been going on for far too long. With America set to open talks on a trade agreement with the EU that can only be good news for EU countries. I'd rather be in that party than stood outside in the rain.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not that keen on politics but I dislike UKIP. Honestly don't see what we would gain by leaving the EU. Obviously though, the disastrous incident last week in London certainly wouldn't have helped with things, even though the two guys that did it were from the country anyway.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

NickGull wrote:Not that keen on politics but I dislike UKIP. Honestly don't see what we would gain by leaving the EU. Obviously though, the disastrous incident last week in London certainly wouldn't have helped with things, even though the two guys that did it were from the country anyway.
Neither are politicians mate, look at that Michael Fabricant MP for Lichfield. A bunch of freaks and bed wetters all of them. Oh and sexual deviants and kiddie fiddlers no doubt too. None can be trusted and none can be honest. They should be forced to work at Tesco for a year and live off that wage as a pre-requisite before becoming an MP. F*cking thieving pathetic excuses for humans. I spit on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

We have to, and will stay in the EU. A lot of people support a referendum on what exactly our membership entails, but the thought of us leaving at this moment in time is quite frankly moronic.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

yellowforever wrote:We have to, and will stay in the EU. A lot of people support a referendum on what exactly our membership entails, but the thought of us leaving at this moment in time is quite frankly moronic.
I totally disagree:

First, I have to say that it is offensive and objectionable for anybody to abuse, and categorise as moronic (or worse) the opinions of, opponents in a debate rather than addressing their arguments by offering considered, coherent and rational responses to their views.

Secondly, why I disagree with you:

There are two aspects to this issue: the economic, and the political. In the long term, our trade with Europe, the USA, and the rest of the world is not going to reduce simply on account of our leaving the EU. Indeed it can be argued that our trade with a number of non-EU countries has been adversely affected by tariffs and trade barriers set up by the EU. Nearly half of Australia's trade is with (mostly) China and (also) Japan and other Pacific Rim nations, but nobody is suggesting that Australia should enter into a political union with those countries. So why should the UK remain in an undemocratic EU which overrides the British Parliament with the power to impose innumerable laws on British people, and which cannot even balance its books?
Last edited by Gullscorer on 31 May 2013, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I think i understood that GS and the second point sounds ok to me. The first point is common sense but not always possible, especially when you get people who are clearly wrong who think they're right! :)