Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Calvin Zola is a free agent, by all accounts happy enough at Burton, but if a club made an offer he couldn't refuse he'd be on his way. Sadly, given the state of our finances (or should I say our prudent financial policy) we probably couldn't even match Burton's offer. He's 28 years old and scored 16 goals for Burton last season.
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

Bit of a long shot - Jordan Ball - Striker released by Doncaster Rovers - a product of their Youth Team. Scored two for Doncaster's Youth Alliance team in their 4-0 Alliance Cup Final win v Exeter in 2012.
Came on v Chesterfield in Johnstone Paints Trophy and scored with his first touch (a bullet header) - a real goal poacher's goal, looks strong and reads the game well.
His only other game was a substitute appearance v Hartlepool - again he had the ball in the net, only for it to be disallowed for an infringement. :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

That's a good shout Tony, a few people I know back in Donny are disappointed to have seen him released as he looks a good prospect but he'd never get a look in now with them being back in the Championship. I'm sure he would like the opportunity to get his career moving forward again but it's the geography problem once more and I reckon he'll go somewhere nearby maybe like Mansfield, Grimsby, Scunny or somewhere like that.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:That's a good shout Tony, a few people I know back in Donny are disappointed to have seen him released as he looks a good prospect but he'd never get a look in now with them being back in the Championship. I'm sure he would like the opportunity to get his career moving forward again but it's the geography problem once more and I reckon he'll go somewhere nearby maybe like Mansfield, Grimsby, Scunny or somewhere like that.
That's the only problem!! He was born in Mansfield, so would expect a local team to snap him up.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

jake Hydes name has popped up again, rumours are that we are competing with Plymouth for him? alot of teams are looking at him, so again, can't see him coming here!
The gulls are going up
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I know we have an administrator who lives in Guernsey, was wondering if he or anybody else knows anything about Ross Allen?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

monkeyboy wrote:I know we have an administrator who lives in Guernsey, was wondering if he or anybody else knows anything about Ross Allen?
What do you want to know?

Prolific scorer of over 100 goals in two seasons (53 last season). Far too good for the level that Guernsey FC are playing at (just promoted to Isthmian League Division One South), but at 26 he feels he is too old to go elsewhere....he has had trials, but it settled in Guernsey.

Quality player though!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Nice one Scott, would say boat has probably sailed in terms of turning pro, but Swindon were supposed to be interested in January. Just found his goal in the final of some local tournament, real class finish.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

He is the number 10 in this highlight video: http://www.guernseyfc.tv/

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

dale tonge anyone? just beeen released from rotherham, right back.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ROADRUNNER wrote:dale tonge anyone? just beeen released from rotherham, right back.
You hinting or guessing with this ROADRUNNER?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

watch this space richinns :)
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Someone said the other day that we were after a Rotherham rightback
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

northyorkshiregull wrote:Someone said the other day that we were after a Rotherham rightback
Matt probably.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

A decent prospect in his early career with recent years blighted by injury. Has TUFC written all over him!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084