is this the most boring summer ever??!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

What are we "YES-ING" about? Has Plymouth gone bust? Has Exeter's away end finally been upgraded to league standards? Have we signed a player? Has Howe chosen Torquay over the other 91 clubs?

zzzZZZzzz :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Matt
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Matt »

It doesn't matter whether we sign anyone this week or next, what matters is that when we do sign people they are the players that Knill wants. I'd much rather sit and wait in the hope that the reason for silence is that he's waiting for specifically targeted players rather than just signing anybody ASAP just to keep the fans happy. If he'd rushed out and signed a handful of poor players 3 days after the season ended would we feel any better? No, we would've chastised him for being too rash. Give it time, and like others have pointed out, this time of year in previous seasons we have been worrying about much more than we are now!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Plymgull wrote:What are we "YES-ING" about? Has Plymouth gone bust? Has Exeter's away end finally been upgraded to league standards? Have we signed a player? Has Howe chosen Torquay over the other 91 clubs?

zzzZZZzzz :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
I think they are having cyber sex.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Matt wrote:It doesn't matter whether we sign anyone this week or next, what matters is that when we do sign people they are the players that Knill wants. I'd much rather sit and wait in the hope that the reason for silence is that he's waiting for specifically targeted players rather than just signing anybody ASAP just to keep the fans happy. If he'd rushed out and signed a handful of poor players 3 days after the season ended would we feel any better? No, we would've chastised him for being too rash. Give it time, and like others have pointed out, this time of year in previous seasons we have been worrying about much more than we are now!
Of course we all DO think that this post is spot on but this summer is still boring. :~D

Can't we just 'be in talks' with someone even if it's not true just to have something to talk about? :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

I.M.O. it's still too early to start worrying about summer signings, we can only suppose that A.K. has already lined up better players than Oastler, Jarvis & Leadbitter, & these replacements are about sign. Surely he has not had to get rid of these three as they were on too much money! We have to assume that he would not have let them go if he was not confident that better replacements were going to sign for TUFC, ( hell!, I hope I am right otherwise he has really fu##ed up! ). I would guess that there will not be much money left once Ling & Taylor have been paid off, so he could have already arranged for season long loans where the parent clubs pay most of the players wages. Regarding Howe & Saah, I don't think that there was much that he could have done about this as it would appear that he has been "out bidded", you can't blame players for looking for more money.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Well it's still boring but it IS Friday and things happen on a Friday don't they? :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i bet it doesnt mate!! but what the hell, shes just gone to bristol for the weekend!! i'm off work and i have a 6pm meet up for JUNGLE LION!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:i bet it doesnt mate!! but what the hell, shes just gone to bristol for the weekend!! i'm off work and i have a 6pm meet up for JUNGLE LION!!

Isn't that a kiddies play centre off Attercliffe Road? :na: :lol:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

summat like that andy!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

enjoy the ska at play then mate!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

will do, they're a superb band, 11 piece set up, brass section, wonderful to see and the crowd always go mental!!

almost the end of another dull day TUFC watching!! at least we've got monday and wednesday to look forward to, and its my birthday sandwiched in between!! hoping for some convenient northern trips and bristol rovers away when its still warm, august or september would be nice?
still keeping the faith
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

As it stands, we are apparently going forward with what we had last season minus the leavers, everyone else seems to be in the market which is keeping the respective fans interested.....What the bloody 'ell is happening....Talk to us please Allen even if it's 'made up' !!!!!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

coley wrote:As it stands, we are apparently going forward with what we had last season minus the leavers, everyone else seems to be in the market which is keeping the respective fans interested.....What the bloody 'ell is happening....Talk to us please Allen even if it's 'made up' !!!!!
Or we could just wait for information next week, when everybody's back from holiday; & those 'in talks' finish their conversations ! :)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It is frustrating Coley and I have vented my frustrations about the lack of 'activity' thus far but I took on board what another poster said about if I looked across the division then all the clubs are in the same boat as us. I did this and came to the conclusion that the person was talking 50% crap and 50% right. Half the teams are doing lots of business which is contrary to what this person said but admittedly these are the teams with a few quid like Plymouth and York who were near the bottom and also teams at the top such as Chesterfield.

If we look at Dagenham for example, they haven't brought anyone in yet but have released a few like ourselves and like us they haven't got two farthings to rub together. They are essentially competing with us for the dregs of available players and ones which will become available. I think this is why we haven't added to the squad because Knill is struggling to get players to come down and play for a pittance and I actually do feel that he is finding it more difficult than he first thought.

I know some players are on holidays and things but there were loads of players released and desperate to get fixed up asap and I am a bit surprised that we haven't been able to bring anyone in as yet, after all, most of these players have been without a club for over a month. If Knill IS looking at these types of players then he should have been able to do some business by now. The only players who can go on holiday before sorting their futures out are players like Rene who know they will have quite a few offers. As we aren't looking at these players though we should have added to the squad IMO by now with a freebie or two.

He will get some players in obviously but I don't expect any surprises. Whoever he brings in though i'm sure will be capable enough to do a job for us next season. We've got nothing to spend so let's just get behind the lads who do come however little known and unproven and encourage them and help them settle in.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Good explanation Andy...Let's just hope that 'no news is good news'. I wish that I could tell my boss that my holiday is more important than my job.