Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

would you really care??

hes fine, had a pm from him last night, hoping to tempt him back again, as the place aint the same without his inane ramblings on all manner of subjects!
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

bixieupnorth wrote:would you really care??

hes fine, had a pm from him last night, hoping to tempt him back again, as the place aint the same without his inane ramblings on all manner of subjects!
Myself and Andy were quite friendly so yes I really would care actually!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Has Andy flounced off again?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:stop worrying chaps knilly has it under control, the signings will be made, he knows what he is doing, and where did that list of potential signings come from, not a chance of any of them pulling on a torquay shirt.
any idea who we may see pulling on a Torquay shirt this coming season?!
The gulls are going up
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Has Andy flounced off again?

Matt.
Yeh he went a bit mental on another thread a while back. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see it.

@gullno4: Manse, Poke, Cruise, Downesy are just a few names.
gulltom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by gulltom »

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Sounds good to be, Nsiala seems decent although I'm not sure of him being a first XI player quite yet.

Steven Leslie is a good player and will be great as competition for Bodin. What worries me though is how many times he's been released.

Jordan Robertson would be good though, happy to see that one.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Unsure as to how I'd feel if Robertson signed a deal here to be honest, with his previous. I don't think that would be the right sort of signing for a "family" club like ourselves to be totally honest..
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Seem like squad players to me at best with Nsiala being released by Accrington early and Steven Leslie being released by Telford for poor form - but guess they will have to prove they are of suitable calibre whilst on trial.

I am unsure how to feel about Robertson and regardless of the past he will have to fully prove he is over his knee cruitiate to warrant a contract so in this respect it is right we are looking at him first.
TUST member 328
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

The possibility of signing 3 this week, and a to have a few trialist a down I think is some good news.

Jordan Chapell would be a good right winger with Bodin on the left at least we will show some attacking intent.

I think Jordan Robertson would be a great signing, he's big and powerful. Yes he has some previous but it's not as bad as it could be. He is no Lee Hughes just a genuine mistake. A family club giving a young boy a chance who's had a hard time. Surely that shows a family club more than anything?
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I think we need to get over this 'family club' rubbish. The fact is Robertson is a good player, one that has played well for us before and also under our current manager. He's physical, in a forward line that lacks that (assuming Benyon signs) and as exiled mentioned, he's no where near as despicable as Hughes.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Heard from a very reliable source that AK was in Paris last weekend trying to tie up a deal to bring mathieu manset to plainmoor......
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

OhJimmyJimmy wrote:Heard from a very reliable source that AK was in Paris last weekend trying to tie up a deal to bring mathieu manset to plainmoor......
I have heard from quite a few sources that AK has been to Paris recently to try and tie up a deal for a player - although no idea as to actually who! If it is indeed Manset and AK can somehow get him to sign then he would be an excellent addition to the squad, if he can reproduce what he did for Hereford a few seasons back, before his big money move to Reading that is.
Last edited by CP Gull on 26 Jun 2013, 09:28, edited 2 times in total.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

hope you two are right, would be an unbelievable signing, bags of quality, not much different to Rene!!!!!
The gulls are going up
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Manset would be the impossible dream of a signing. Would be very excited if true but highly unlikely and I am sure he has many more financially appealing offers than we could ever dream of presenting him with.
TUST member 328