Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

brooker wrote:I heard from my own (ludicrously unreliable) source, that we were chasing Luke Guttridge, who has just decided not to re-sign with N'ampton. Just to put it out there!

Incredibly unlikely, but he's a player I've always been impressed with and rued us letting leave. The same cannot be said of Steve Tully!
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Why the scepticism? I imagine Manset being AK's ultimate signing, a player he can build a team around. Ak seems fairly articulate, if he can explain his plans to Manset well enough I am sure he would jump at the chance to join an English club where he could, with a favourable wind look to bag a good 20 goals a season and reignite his career.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Oh how I would love to see Luke Guttridge back at Plainmoor, maybe swapsies with Morris?

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

brooker wrote:I heard from my own (ludicrously unreliable) source, that we were chasing Luke Guttridge, who has just decided not to re-sign with N'ampton. Just to put it out there!
Now that would be a very good signing. We've been longing for his return though for a very long time.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Guttridge is about the most sensible rumour yet.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

usagullmichigan wrote:Guttridge is about the most sensible rumour yet.
We already have a Luke Guttridge, he's called Lee Mansell ( or Damian Lathrope ).
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I wouldn't compare Guttridge with either Lathrope or Mansell. He is a much more cultured players than either, and although comfortable defending and able to put in a good tackle as those two are he can also pass the ball and provide a trick or two going forward. I think of him more like a Russell or a Wroe than a Mansell or Lathrope.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

WMN reporting today that we're taking Jordan Robertson on trial for pre-season. He played for us on loan for a month or two in 06/07 (?) and notched a few goals. Would be a good signing in my book (bar the jail term he served - but I don't want to open up that old debate again!)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Wondered since day 1 whether we would be in for Robertson given past links with Knill. He was pretty good when he first came on loan - a shining light in an absolute sea of turd under Lubos. He's produced every time he's had a run in a team, but unfortunately they have been few and far between due to a variety of reason. The criminal conviction doesn't bother me - he made a mistake, it's no way anything like Lee Hughes.

Leslie and Nsiala I'm less impressed about. Remember Leslie causing us problems a few years back, but the slide down the leagues to Telford is concerning. Nsiala was supposed to be ok, signed for Stanley from Everton I believe, but never really kicked on. Would be ok as back up but wouldn't want him as first choice.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Luke Gutteridge has ironically just left Northampton...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Jeff wrote:Wondered since day 1 whether we would be in for Robertson given past links with Knill. He was pretty good when he first came on loan - a shining light in an absolute sea of turd under Lubos. He's produced every time he's had a run in a team, but unfortunately they have been few and far between due to a variety of reason. The criminal conviction doesn't bother me - he made a mistake, it's no way anything like Lee Hughes.

Leslie and Nsiala I'm less impressed about. Remember Leslie causing us problems a few years back, but the slide down the leagues to Telford is concerning. Nsiala was supposed to be ok, signed for Stanley from Everton I believe, but never really kicked on. Would be ok as back up but wouldn't want him as first choice.
A 25 year old looking to restart his career and a former Everton Academy Player with a Welsh Under-19 call up to his name. What more qualification does a player need to pull on the yellow shirt?!
Leslie may be okay but not really the big physical presence in the middle of the park I'm expecting us to sign. If Nsiala isn't good enough to step in to the starting 11 alongside Downesy I would rather see MacKenzie taking that back-up slot on the bench.

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not having a dig at anyone here, but for us or our club to play the ‘family club’ card is ridiculous and a tad hypocritical to be honest, if we are going down that road are we to ban anyone who says the “c” word in the ground, do we start running a “crb” check on anyone who applies for a season ticket, you never know they might have criminal convictions and after all we are a family club. Why should a fan be any different to a player we are all human.

Yes there is a line and some offences will bar you, and you look at repeat offenders and think how chances do you want, however the F.A along with many other sporting bodies go into prisons every day and work with offenders towards coaching and sports management qualifications, again why should some players be treated differently, is because they earn more money, touch of jealousy?

Said all the way along we should not rule any player out because of who we are or our location, you never know who might sign until you ask, and glad to see AK seems to be setting his sights highly.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Gutteridge has always impressed me when I have seen him at Plainmoor; he would be a good signing, I think.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not really, Dave. We have absolutely no history of violence, we rock up at other grounds and sing silly songs in Westcountry accents while wearing amusing hats. Now have a look at Leeds United, Glasgow Rangers, Fenerbache, AS Roma et al, these clubs are markedly different from ours in so much as you'd have to be on glue to even consider taking your family to a match. Sure, at Plainmoor, you might get exposed to the word **** once or twice (if you stand anywhere near me :Oops: ), but at Galatasary, you're much more likely to be stabbed in the neck.

TUFC is a family club, it is hugely genteel, we have no rivalry with anyone to any physical degree, we have no 'firm', we allow away fans into our bar and onto our forum and have a laugh with them. If a Greek or a Green walks into B&L, no one bats an eyelid. You try walking into an Arsenal bar in a Spurs shirt and see how many limbs you have left when they throw you out. Torquay United is a soft club, sometimes far too soft for its own good.

Matt.

Also, has Manset signed yet and will someone please tell me where Andy is?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Andy is resting, & hopefully will be back soon.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066