Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Lukeyboy WFC wrote:Cant see him leaving Torquay to join the Wombles! Apparently a centre forward is coming on our tour of trinidad and tobago. Maybe this is Rene Howe... but who knows, will keep you informed. So our recent links include Ryan Jarvis, Taiwo Atieno and Tony Bedeau..... what were your thoughts on these players for Torquay?
Is that the Jarvo that signed for York a couple of weeks ago? Sounds like your rumour grapevine needs a good prune
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree. Matt is not angry I don't believe, he says it as it is but unlike me backs his views up with facts and although he can go a bit close to the knuckle on occasions.

But back on Rene, now for me it is Rene WHO? :)

The future is bright, the future is yellow. :scarf:
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 29 Jun 2013, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

What's it all about anyway?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Agree. Matt is not angry I don't believe, he says it as it is but unlike me backs his views up with facts and although he can go a bit close to the knuckle on occasions he at least has the commitment behind his posts which is a million times more interesting than being a morose anodyne ageing sensible borefest of a fan who have no illuminating views or contributions to proceedings but are quite happy to knock others. There appears to be a multitude of those using this forum which again backs up Matt's regular conclusions that TUFC is largely supported by such a demographic so we shouldn't be surprised that they permeate this and other TUFC forums.
I doubt if myself and Matt would hit it off like a house on fire if we went out on the p*ss one night, we are polar opposites, i'm a meathead and he's svelte, I like death metal and he likes Rhianna, but I've been on the wrong end of some of his vitriol when I first joined the forum and now I consider him a TUFC friend if there is such a thing. That is because he can tell when people are being knobs but don't really mean it and tell when people ARE just knobs full stop. I like to think he classes me as the former.

But back on Rene, now for me it is Rene WHO? :)

The future is bright, the future is yellow. :scarf:
Never, in all my life, have I been so offended!

Kind words (gratefully received) indeed from the unofficial forum King (or Queen, given his flouncing). As a final point on this silly subject: Anyone who gets angry about something said on this forum (or almost any other) needs to re-evaluate their life.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Yes
Last edited by AustrianAndyGull on 29 Jun 2013, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just out of interest, if we sold Rene mid contract, what do you think we'd get for him and what do you think he is worth effectively?
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Sunnysideup wrote: Is that the Jarvo that signed for York a couple of weeks ago? Sounds like your rumour grapevine needs a good prune
Just wondered what your opinions were of players we have both had in recent years.
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

happytorq wrote: :O

I thought Tony Bedeau had retired.
He has. :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Just out of interest, if we sold Rene mid contract, what do you think we'd get for him and what do you think he is worth effectively?
Interesting question. If we'd sold him last summer I don't think we'd have got any more than £50k for him.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Sunnysideup wrote:
Is that the Jarvo that signed for York a couple of weeks ago? Sounds like your rumour grapevine needs a good prune
Genius!! Ryan Jarvis was at Walsall before us. You really think a fan of a league one club would be linking to Atkeno and Bedeau as future signings?

In answer to your question Lukey, IMO (kt seems you have,to spell out yiur post is your opinion) Atkeno worked hard and had a bkt of ability but will never trouble tbe first team in a league side.

Bedeau had bags of potential and never fulfilled it. Over-rated by many because he played,so many times, he lost his pace and had few other,attributes.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

last i heard was working as a security guard in canary wharf !
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

ferrarilover wrote:
As a final point on this silly subject: Anyone who gets angry about something said on this forum (or almost any other) needs to re-evaluate their life.

Matt.
Agree with the general sentiment, but do think people should treat fellow posters as they would if they were sat opposite them in the pub. It's not difficult to be civil. The self-satisfied, condescending attitude occasionally displayed on these boards wouldn't be well received in a 'real-life' situation and that ought to be a consideration of anyone posting. Should the fact we're only communicating on a message board, excuse rudeness? I don't know.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

is he still here, he's an ex player now, interesting to see how he does but we need a proper out and out centre forward, or two!
still keeping the faith
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Fonda wrote:
Agree with the general sentiment, but do think people should treat fellow posters as they would if they were sat opposite them in the pub. It's not difficult to be civil. The self-satisfied, condescending attitude occasionally displayed on these boards wouldn't be well received in a 'real-life' situation and that ought to be a consideration of anyone posting. Should the fact we're only communicating on a message board, excuse rudeness? I don't know.
I agree entirely with this, but the poster in question is not going to change his high-handed attitude anytime soon.

I am no psychologist, but it seems clear to me that this forum is an emotional punchbag for him; a means to combat the frustrations caused by his social inadequacy.

Something of a Wizard of Oz actually!!

I can't believe that anybody would feel intimidated - all his bluster just makes me laugh...
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I generally treat people on here as I would treat my friends anyway. If someone says something I consider to be daft, I reply with sarcasm and rudeness. Perhaps it's a generational thing, but this is precisely how it has worked among the various social groups of which I have been a part. That said, those among the Internet Dwellers who seem to have a problem with me do seem to be those who most struggle with wit and intelligence in general and I wouldn't be around that sort in real life, so perhaps it's a case of the 'net bringing together those who are incompatible for that sort of reason?

Anyway, firmly back on topic, has the useless sh*tbag signed on for anyone else yet?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"