The Gaming Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Yes CanadaGull we all have other interests too! I play football and go biking and running. I just like the odd stint on my playstation!

Has anyone here played last of us yet?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Fishing, Canadagull? fishing?!

That's a bloodsport and should be banned. Killing those poor innocent little fish for sport. Unless you cook and eat every single fishy that you catch, in which case it's a little less heinous.

like Stevegull above, I'm not stuck indoor all day playing video games. I golf, and play football and have just started running. But I do like a bash on the old PS3 every now and again. Not got to Last Of Us yet. Still working my way through the Borderlands 2 DLC, after which I have Saints Row 3 and XCOM to play (got them with my PS+)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

PS+? Is that any good happytorq? I never really knew what the advantage of it was? What's the point?

Also, as part of WMN's online restructuring they are trying to upload game reviews on this link: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/videogames
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:PS+? Is that any good happytorq? I never really knew what the advantage of it was? What's the point?

Also, as part of WMN's online restructuring they are trying to upload game reviews on this link: http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/videogames
I absolutely love my PS+. Discounted games, 60 minute trials of full games, and every month they give 4 free games to download that are free for as long as you have the PS+. I had been doing it in 3 month blocks but I just joined for a year. In the time I've been a member (maybe 14 or 15 months) I've downloaded and played the following games:

Little Big Planet 2
DemonÂ’s Souls
BioShock 2
Vanquish
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Sleeping Dogs
Borderlands
inFAMOUS 2
Just Cause 2
Retro City Rampage
Spec Ops: The Line
The Cave
Gotham City Imposters
Choplifter HD
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
PAYDAY: The Heist
Labyrinth Legends
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge
Saints Row the Third
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
XCOM

I mean, a few of those were ropey (Zombie Tycoon 2 was rubbish), but there are several top games there, for the equivalent on less than $10 a go.
Because I've been paying for the 3 month sub each time, I think it's probably cost me about $70 in that time. (it was $50 for the year-long sub). I don't know what games you can get in the UK for free, but if it's anywhere near the quality on here, it's easily worth it. Full list of games that have been available http://www.hardcoreware.net/is-playstat ... -worth-it/ (actually this also has a list of the EU/UK games)

It's unbelievable value. I've "only" downloaded 20 or so games but I think the total is available at one time or another is 50. I can't recommend it highly enough. There are also a couple of extra benefits like cloud storage for saved games, automatic updates etc. When the PS4 comes out I believe you'll need a PS+ membership to access the multiplayer in most games (much like Xbox does with Gold Live), which is why I signed up for a year - a membership on PS3 will carry over to PS4 too
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

has anyone played fight night champion.

i've got to the title fight on the champion mode and issac frost the heavyweight champ is impossible to beat.

got to be the most frustrating game ever. nearly threw the controller through my tv.

any tips or hints.the in-game hints dont seem help.

no cheats though, chunky dont cheat, chunky dont play that way.
Last edited by chunkygull on 28 Jun 2013, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

chunkygull wrote:has anyone played fight night champion.

i've got to the title fight on the story mode and issac frost the heavyweight champion is impossible to beat.

got to be the most frustrating game ever. nearly threw the controller through my tv.
any tips or hints.the in-game hints dont seem help.

no cheats though, chunky dont cheat, chunky dont play that way.
You shouldn't get so angry Chunky............. ;-) :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: You shouldn't get so angry Chunky............. ;-) :lol:
good to have you back andy. :Oops: =D :bow:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Cheers for the feedback happytorq. Another of my friends raved over it but to be honest I didn't realise there was that good a quality of games available on it. And they are just free with it? Not discounted or anything?

I may have to get involved in this...
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Canadagull wrote:Probably not surprising but hasn't been mentioned yet but the only game I play regularly is Football Manager 13 for the Mac via Steam download. I have followed this game since it was Championship manager. I don't go straight for the Premier league teams as I like a challenge and pick the only team worth playing haha. Plus it means Ling gets the sack from the start of the year! I did stop playing for a while and played Mafia and was thrilled to play Mafia 2 when it was finally released. Other than that I have a life and go outside and fish, mountain bike and run! :lol:
Don't skim so fast. It was mentioned in the 3rd post on the 2nd page.

Yeah, cool. This is a thread asking people what their favourite games/consoles etc are, not what our favourite interests are. :}

Silly Canadians. :slap:

The last of us has to be one of the best games i've ever played.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Can I be a complete wimp and ask if 'Last of us' is scary? I don't want a game that will make me wet myself.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

It's emotional, and i don't mean to sound like a complete wimp my self, but the story was very well written and very emotional. Now i wouldn't call it scary in the sense of a horror game(although it advertised as such), But there were a couple of tense moments where i had some "zombies/enemies jump out at me when i was least expecting it, which made me jump. It felt like an interactive movie. Certainly not like most zombie games where you just blast your way through every thing that moves.

If you're unsure this might help, Seth Rogan plays through the first 13 minutes of the game.

You'll see how at the start hes all sarcastic and laughing compared to his facial expression at the end. Very good game in my opinion.

Avoid watching if you don't want any spoilers of course, as it does show the intro to the game. :)
Canadagull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Canadagull »

Plymgull wrote: Don't skim so fast. It was mentioned in the 3rd post on the 2nd page.

Yeah, cool. This is a thread asking people what their favourite games/consoles etc are, not what our favourite interests are. :}

Silly Canadians. :slap:

The last of us has to be one of the best games i've ever played.
Oh my, I guess the inclusion of the LOL emoticon was rendered pointless then? :) I wasn't trying to be holier than thou! And yes I must have skimmed too fast because I didn't see the Football manager mentions! I'll pay more attention next time and I'll lose the sarcasm as well. :)
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I was being a tad sarcastic towards you my self. :lol: I guess the use of the "sarcastic" :} emoticon is rendered pointless? :whistle:

I'll try to make my posts sound less serious in future. :devil:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:Cheers for the feedback happytorq. Another of my friends raved over it but to be honest I didn't realise there was that good a quality of games available on it. And they are just free with it? Not discounted or anything?

I may have to get involved in this...
games i listed were all free. a shedload of others are available for reduced cost (in the US theyll do a $20 game for $15 or a $60 game at $40)

although i dont know if this is something they plan to continue on PS4

Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

All i can say is, after watching the latest GTA V game play trailer, i'm a lot more excited for that game than i am our new home kit. :bow: :bow: