Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i will second that yellow, danny did his bit for this club and i for one am sorry to see him go, lets hope he gets fixed up with a new club soon, thanks danny for 6 good years mate. :)
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Hearing Brian Saah is off to Bristol City with your ex striker Billy Kee?
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Lukeyboy WFC wrote:Hearing Brian Saah is off to Bristol City with your ex striker Billy Kee?
if they're looking to bounce straight back up, I can't see those signings being of massive aid to that objective
The gulls are going up
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i will second that yellow, danny did his bit for this club and i for one am sorry to see him go, lets hope he gets fixed up with a new club soon, thanks danny for 6 good years mate. :)
Good luck to the wee fella. Good winger at conference level but found it harder going at League level where opponents are a bit faster. If only nature had seen fit to give him an extra few inches... (Oooerrr Missus)
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Lukeyboy WFC wrote:Hearing Brian Saah is off to Bristol City with your ex striker Billy Kee?
Surely neither will be in the starting line up? Having just signed a very good keeper from Derby, neither of these two are even in the same league in terms of ability.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Myself, Matt and other are not being nasty or unfair, merely giving an honest opinion of a player. Stevens was a decent servant, but lets not pretend he was something that he wasn't. And using length of service as an indication of quality doesn't stack up. Even in the lower leagues, it makes sense to have players in the squad who won't kick up a fuss with long periods out of the team. Stevens was seemingly satisfied with his lot. I don't imagine he was a top earner, and was evidently content to be a bit-part squad players (perhaps because he knows his own limitations). He and TUFC were a good match - he got league football occasonally, and the club got a player who offered ocasional threat off the bench. Good luck to him though, if he can perform as he did in a couple of games when on trial with us, he might get offered something. I'm not convinced though...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
archie1
Trialist
Trialist

Post by archie1 »

Fonda you and others have given your honest opinion of Danny for the last 6 years and to be honest you have been quite nasty about him at times. Do the decent thing and wish him well in his next club and not make stupid remarks about him "chimney sweeping for the gaffer" which is childish and nasty. He was a loyal TUFC player who helped get us into League 2 and not forgetting his 10 goals last season so he couldn't have been as useless as you make out. He has now LEFT the club so quit insulting him and concentrate on the rest of the team and new players. I for one wish him well and hope that he gets a club where the fans will appreciate him and not sl*g him off at every opportunity. GOOD LUCK DANNY BOY, prove all these so called dedicated plonkers wrong !!!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

archie1 wrote:Fonda you and others have given your honest opinion of Danny for the last 6 years and to be honest you have been quite nasty about him at times. Do the decent thing and wish him well in his next club and not make stupid remarks about him "chimney sweeping for the gaffer" which is childish and nasty. He was a loyal TUFC player who helped get us into League 2 and not forgetting his 10 goals last season so he couldn't have been as useless as you make out. He has now LEFT the club so quit insulting him and concentrate on the rest of the team and new players. I for one wish him well and hope that he gets a club where the fans will appreciate him and not sl*g him off at every opportunity. GOOD LUCK DANNY BOY, prove all these so called dedicated plonkers wrong !!!
Pretty sure I 'wished him well' at the end of my last message? I'm not going to lie about my opinion of him as aplayer though. Apologies if that offends you (or him, though I doubt he cares one jot). Oh, and the 'Chimney Sweep' comment was intended to be light humour. We can still joke can't we?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed Shane there is nothing wrong with giving an honest opinion, archie1 may well be Danny's brother so would't be to concerned with what he says.

I have already wished him well, and if gets a contract with orient fair play, however do agree with Fonda.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It is perfectly possible to wish Danny well for the future, thank him for his time here, and still be surprised that he is on trial at a L1 club. Not many players who are released by Torquay manage to stay in the league, never mind move up a division. If he earns a contract there then it would be a surprise to a lot of our fanbase, that doesn't mean he didn't have his good moments here, they were just too infrequent to hold down a first team place.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, either I heap praise upon a bloke, or I'm a plonker?

Is it not just possible that Danny isn't a brilliant footballer? Is it either the case that we must all agree that he is the best thing since sliced bread (after all, he did represent the mighty Torquay United for a whole seven years. That rather makes Ryan Giggs's career look like a waste of time) or I want him to contract a tropical disease and fall down dead?

Yes, thanks Danny for 7 years loyal service, thanks for the odd goal and thanks for the couple of times you looked dangerous for more than about the first 10 minutes you were on the pitch before your size and general limitations of skill, pace and trickery were exposed. I do wish you well, as I would anyone who had played for Torquay United and hadn't left to go to Wormwood Scrubs for a spell at Her Majesty's pleasure. However, just because you're leaving, please don't expect me to be lamenting your departure on the grounds that you fundamentally changed the game forever and that anyone who replaces you will look like a bad facsimile.

Have a think about this: if Danny goes to Orient, he'll be going to the same division that Eunan went to less than a year ago and the same division in which Bobby Olejnik now plays. Now tell me that it doesn't seem a step too far.

So, in short (how apt): GOOD LUCK DANNY, you're going to need it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Danny can be credited with one thing, he's acheived something nobody ese has done - created agreement betweem Matt and myself.
archie1
Trialist
Trialist

Post by archie1 »

Blimey, you seem really nice guys, genuine fans and great supporters of both club and players..
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

archie1 wrote:Blimey, you seem really nice guys, genuine fans and great supporters of both club and players..
I loved our 'lil Danny and part of me is sad to see him go. But, these guys are right, as much as I had big man love for the man he isn't a great footballer and I would suggest is best suited to the Conference. That's not bad, it's just reality. I really do wish him well and if he does manage to join a League One team and go on to bigger and better things after leaving us then fair play to the lad. I would love nothing more than for him to prove himself to be the great little player I once hoped he would become.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

archie1 wrote:Blimey, you seem really nice guys, genuine fans and great supporters of both club and players..
Thanks, we are.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com