Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

godfather_tufc wrote:its just i heard two lads that were released from Northampton could start training with us from monday
And Guttridge or Harding?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
godfather_tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rice

Post by godfather_tufc »

guttridge i believe, im friends with his brother just trying find out if its true
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

godfather_tufc wrote:guttridge i believe, im friends with his brother just trying find out if its true
No offence, but I'm not inclined to believe this if you are suggesting Gutteridge is coming down for a trial. As a general rule, experienced players don't "trial", they sign contracts as they are sought after. Trials are for players who have big question marks over their heads - be it that they are young, injury prone or just plain misunderstood.

It's very probably that we have an ex-cobbler or two coming in for a trial. However I would be surprised if they are of the ilk of Harding or Gutteridge.

(Would love to be proved wrong though)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Supposedly Harding was very badly rated by the Cobblers fans.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
godfather_tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by godfather_tufc »

Jeff wrote: No offence, but I'm not inclined to believe this if you are suggesting Gutteridge is coming down for a trial. As a general rule, experienced players don't "trial", they sign contracts as they are sought after. Trials are for players who have big question marks over their heads - be it that they are young, injury prone or just plain misunderstood.

It's very probably that we have an ex-cobbler or two coming in for a trial. However I would be surprised if they are of the ilk of Harding or Gutteridge.

(Would love to be proved wrong though)
well ive spoken to his brother and the only offer guttridge has is Luton at the moment and has heard any thng from Torquay
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Godfather, rewrite that last post so it makes sense, please. I want to know for sure what information it is trying to convey and I can't do that in its present form.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
godfather_tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by godfather_tufc »

ferrarilover wrote:Godfather, rewrite that last post so it makes sense, please. I want to know for sure what information it is trying to convey and I can't do that in its present form.

Matt.
sorry was on my phone trying to send that last message. Basically his brother told me that Luke's only contract offer so far is from luton and he told me as far he knew his brother has had no contact from Torquay
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Bugger. I'd rather hoped you would say that he HAD had contact from us. Oh well, never mind. Thanks for rewriting anyway.

Matt.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I don't think Gutteridge is the answer. I would prefer Harding as he's 6ft good left foot and that can leave Mansel to run around and do his thing.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:Bugger. I'd rather hoped you would say that he HAD had contact from us. Oh well, never mind. Thanks for rewriting anyway.

Matt.
Northampton to Luton is only 38 miles so he most likely would not have to move house, also I expect that he would get more money at Luton in any case.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Being 38 miles from Luton seems like a **** ing good reason to move to Torquay, if you ask me!

Matt.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Being 38 miles from Luton seems like a f**k ing good reason to move to Torquay, if you ask me!

Matt.
:lol: :clap:
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

ferrarilover wrote:Being 38 miles from Luton seems like a f**k ing good reason to move to Torquay, if you ask me!

Matt.
Post of the week I.M.O :clap: :clap: :clap: :-D :-D :-D
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The Return of Craig Stanley rumour certainly seems to be gathering some pace on twitter ....

It would be great to see him back, always felt as though he had some unfinished business here following his hugely successful loan spell a couple of years back. The only downside for me, would be that it would surely spell the end of our "chase" for Mozika, that is of course if there ever was one!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

CP Gull wrote:The Return of Craig Stanley rumour certainly seems to be gathering some pace on twitter ....

It would be great to see him back, always felt as though he had some unfinished business here following his hugely successful loan spell a couple of years back. The only downside for me, would be that it would surely spell the end of our "chase" for Mozika, that is of course if there ever was one!
the yellowarmy account put the tweet out haha, doubt there's much in it!
The gulls are going up