Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Looks like he is not on our tour then.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Looks like a move to the spl is on the cards
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/H ... story.html
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He will go Scotland. Hibs
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

supergulls wrote:Looks like a move to the spl is on the cards
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/H ... story.html
off topic, but is that website the replacement for the ThisIsSouthDevon one?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Correct, it changed a few weeks back.

Not as good though
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good move for him I reckon if it does come off. Although there are teams in the SPL no better than what we play they are a relatively big club in a beautiful city (no comments Dom!) and he'll get the chance to play in front of biggish crowds and Celtic too.I'd say it was a step up but only say league 1 top end. For example, if Hibs played Sheffield United then could you confidently predict the winner?

More cash, a move to a big city and more adulation - a possible recipe for disaster maybe?

Anyway, good luck to him and I hope he can keep his head screwed on and take his career where he wants it to go. I don't particularly like the bloke anymore but proud of what he did for us so he deserves the opportunity.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
GullGall
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rene howe

Post by GullGall »

Good on him I say if he does go there... Anyone would move for a bigger club n more money. Wouldn't you in your job?? I think whether people are fans of him or not , he did alot more our club and he has a family now so best of luck to him. People are always so negative though... He may so amazing! You just never know!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

GullGall wrote:Good on him I say if he does go there... Anyone would move for a bigger club n more money. Wouldn't you in your job?? I think whether people are fans of him or not , he did alot more our club and he has a family now so best of luck to him. People are always so negative though... He may so amazing! You just never know!!

If they have reason to feel this way then i'm not knocking them. Negativity for negativity sake is pointless but if you have a reason for the negativity then that's fine by me. IMO there are a few minor issues which may have caused some fans to alter their opinion slightly on Mr Howe, me being one of them so why lie if this is what one feels?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
GullGall
Trialist
Trialist

Post by GullGall »

Because I think because he had not the best end to the season people forget the good he has done. Where would we be without his goals?? I wasn't having a pop at anyone saying about negativity by the way. I imagine alot goes on behind closed doors in the gulls dressing room and no one knows why players have ups n downs. But I can safely say I've seen alot less achievement from other players. All I'm saying is good luck to him and his family!! And should he return to Torquay sure we all wouldn't mind... I can think of worse people to have :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I always said he'd be a decent Conference striker, now he's going to an equivalent division, he has the chance to prove it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

I hope this is worthy of the 100th post on this thread;

Taken from the Herald "The ex-Kettering and Peterborough player has hinted strongly that he favours a move North for family reasons, and he is in talks with at least one club over the border"

Bollox! That is where he will get the most Money...

I sympathize with him 99.9% and do not have no problem with him moving for such a reason, but wish the press would stop using this pathetic excuse on behalf of professional footballers.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

In fairness, in the case of guys at our level, I don't have a problem with them moving for the cash either. The difference between £50,000 and £75,000/year is a lot. The difference between £200,000 and £300,000/week, despite being the same in percentage terms, is another matter entirely.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

GullGall wrote:Because I think because he had not the best end to the season people forget the good he has done. Where would we be without his goals?? I wasn't having a pop at anyone saying about negativity by the way. I imagine alot goes on behind closed doors in the gulls dressing room and no one knows why players have ups n downs. But I can safely say I've seen alot less achievement from other players. All I'm saying is good luck to him and his family!! And should he return to Torquay sure we all wouldn't mind... I can think of worse people to have :)
To be fair, I also said good luck to him. No probs about the negativity thing GullGall anyway and my response wasn't meant to be directly aimed at you just at posters in general complaining about negativity. We can't all live in a glass half full society although I try my best and it is good to get both positive and negative opinions about a particular topic sometimes. :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

You're right too Matt, if anyone tells me that St Mirren are any better than Bradford City or Northampton Town then they should be in the loony bin.
GullGall
Trialist
Trialist

Post by GullGall »

Duncan... I have heard since early last year he wanted to move north for family reasons. Where his wife is from I think. Yes money is probably a factor... It is to anyone... But I think maybe family to comes I to play.