Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Saah wants to be back in London for personal reasons. I doubt he's on Chelsea or Arsenal's radar. There are only so many clubs in that area that would be an option too him. If Daggers ticks the right boxes for him, good luck to him.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh yeah, absolutely, Best of British to the chap, I liked him and think he's a bloody good defender, which is why it's such a surprise to see him at a club which will, likely, be looking over its shoulder this season.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If the bloke wants to move just to be closer to family and not just for the cash (like some of our previous footballers I won't mention) BUT is actually telling the truth then good luck to him and I hope he does well wherever he goes (unless he goes to Excretia or Gargs obviously ). It's when they say it's for family etc and then they try and get however much they can which p*sses me off. If I were a footballer i'd just say that i'm leaving because I want to get more money. It's honest and it's the truth so why these players can't do the same is beyond me. We all know it anyway!!

Anyway, I can't see Daggers offering him too much and London is more expensive than the South West generally so if he ends up at Daggers then I reckon it would be for his own personal reasons and we can't argue with that. Good luck to Brian, had a wobbly start to his Torquay career but when given the chance he formed a formidable partnerships with both Ellis and Downes and I would have loved him to stay on.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Just thought I'd update this with the news that Joe Oastler is currently training with/trialling for Aldershot and played against a Portsmouth XI this week. Have to say I thought he'd find himself a league club.

A certain Jake Thomson was also amongst the trialists.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-5270335
secret
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: howe

Post by secret »

Macklin....dageneham
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

secret wrote:Macklin....dageneham
Who do you actually support secret?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Interesting to note that Charlie Oatway was also playing. A bit of a blast from the past!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

An update on the Easton situation suggests that he's keeping fit there, but won't be signing for them.

Interesting about Oastler going a division (likely two divisions after next season) below Macklin. It's a mad old world. Although, perhaps looking at Thompson and Macklin going to Daggers, they're loading the wings with pace, perhaps a clue as to how they might try to play?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Doesn't surpise me one bit, Joe Oastler was a very poor excuse of a right back.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

forevertufc wrote:Doesn't surpise me one bit, Joe Oastler was a very poor excuse of a right back.

one of the worst right backs i have seen in a torquay shirt.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Oastler was poor last year but to say he's one of the worst is harsh. He was a thousand times better than Lee "The Sieve" Andrews.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Regards Joe Oastler - it is amazing how opinions change as the season progressed: (see below thread)
http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=4786
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Richinns wrote:Regards Joe Oastler - it is amazing how opinions change as the season progressed: (see below thread)
http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=4786
Agreed Rich, in his first season when he signed properly he did a good job at RB. Last year he wasn't as good but to say he's one of the worst is extremely harsh a lot of players didn't perform to the level they could which is why we struggled last year.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Totally agree, Alexgulls. The season before last, Joe would have been one of the first names on the team sheet. Even before, when he was on loan and Buckle played him out of position in midfield, he did okay. There was even talk about him being one who would one day play at a higher level. Last season, for whatever reason, he lost his form/confidence as did many around him. It will be interesting to see how his footballing career develops - I don't think he's anywhere near the 'donkey' that some on here portray him.
novicegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by novicegull »

ffs chunkygull..... let's move on.....same old drivel. have you got a personal issue against oastler ? best thing you can do is go and buy your tufc shirt with tonge on the back, make up a song for him and go lick his a*sehole