Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

he was and a good offer at that.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

My sentiments cambgull
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bridportgull wrote:Was he ever offered a new contract if not he has nothing to do with us so let move on and upwards with players who want to wear the yellow

He had an offer on the table since about Christmas if i'm not mistaken but you're right, he's not our concern anymore and hopefully he won't be returning so i'm turning my attentions to our new look strike force which i'm sure will begin to take shape next week. Pleeeeeeeeeaaasseeeee!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

looks like the new striker/strikers will be here next week, no names im afraid chaps.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Howe signs for Burton Albion on a 2 year deal.

I have heard his replacement is going to be Matieu Manset. I am not 'in the know' but it comes from someone who works in professional football, although not at Torquay.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Burton? of all the clubs he chose Burton??
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

NA Gull wrote:Howe signs for Burton Albion on a 2 year deal.

I have heard his replacement is going to be Matieu Manset. I am not 'in the know' but it comes from someone who works in professional football, although not at Torquay.
If both these are true then i'm totally p*ssing myself with laughter! HAHA!! :clap:

Rene gets to go to a club no better or bigger than we are after all that kerfuffle and we get Manset too?!!!!!!

This has got to be a belated April Fools yes?

If not then welcome aboard Mr Manset and i'm sure you'll bang in a f*cking hatful! Happy days! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I thought rumour was that Manset was heading to Coventry?
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Lots of people getting very excited about Manset, but I'm not so sure. Has anyone actually seen him play?

His record is not exactly prolific and he's been released / got rid of from most clubs he's played for.

Sacked from a French club for being found in a night club in the early hours in the day of a game. Not exactly prolific scoring record either. Most people's views seem to be based on the fact he's played at a higher level.

Just giving an alternative view.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Manset had a good spell at Hereford United which forced a big money move to Reading. Apparently they call him "the beast". I lived in a place called Malvern in worcestershire for a fair few years and used to speak to a lot of Hereford fans who used to rave about him. At league 2 level I peraonally think he would be a good replacement for Mr Howe for you.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

not gonna get my hopes up on manset! not until he signs on the dotted line!
The gulls are going up
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Manset turned Coventry down last week and will sign for another club next week, that's what I heard last night anyway. Hopefully it will be us.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Only seen Manset play "live" once, at Hereford against us. For about 60mins he was awesome, full of tricks, pace, power - the lot. He then tired very badly and spent half an hour wandering around the pitch.

Talented individual, but questions over workrate, attitude and application. Won't come cheap either - can we afford the gamble?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Burton Albion? That is just bizarre!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Lets no kid ourselves - It is a great bit of business for Burton.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/