Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Very sad to see Rene go, but to Burton? Seems very strange when League 1 sides were interested in him? A great signing for Burton - first Billy Kee and now Rene Howe - lets hope Rene doesn't come and bite us in the arse.

From twitter: '@burtonalbionfc: Burton Albion have completed the signing of striker Rene Howe on a two year contract. Visit http://t.co/keeOmP6wjy for full details.'

'@JermaineRene86: Would like to thank everyone at #tufc I thoroughly enjoyed my time and would like to thank you... I wish u all the best for the future x'
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Fool.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

They love their overweight Torquay strikers up there.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Has he signed for Burton or Burger :'(
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

NA Gull wrote:Howe signs for Burton Albion on a 2 year deal.

I have heard his replacement is going to be Matieu Manset. I am not 'in the know' but it comes from someone who works in professional football, although not at Torquay.
He evidently doesn't work for Coventry City, either.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Seriously though, are you having a laugh. Burton represents a step down in quality, not up. He'd have done better going to Luton and playing for the Conference Champions (possibly, who knows, but they've got a better chance of winning that than Burton have of winning L2). Sure, BAFC finished in the Playoffs last year, but that was based on a dreadful Division and a home record which they simply will not be able to replicate this coming season.

As for wanting to move t'up north, we can only reasonably presume that he shares a sense of direction with Carayol.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Last time I looked, Burton was indeed further north than Torquay. Perhaps more importantly its a good three hours less driving on the way to The North than Torquay. Isn't Howe from the south east, too, so maybe he's picked a happy medium for his whole family?

As people have said, Burton aren't a bigger club than us. So perhaps this proves that location was indeed the main motivation for his move, rather than some have suggested for greed and avarice.
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Burton are a good little club, and are trying to put together a decent side for the coming season. A step sideways I would agree with, but not a step down I'm afraid. Lets hope he is pants against us! :scarf:
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Saw Manset play ages ago for Hereford and he was OK, they played a Rotherham side with LeFondre in it and he looked different class, didn't they both go to Reading?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

There are some random angry postings about Rene today!

We believed he wanted to move North, just nobody was sure how far North that was. Given that he is born in Bedford, played for Bedford, played for Peterborough, played for Kettering, played for Lincoln, played for Rushden, something says that he will be quite ok working in a town served by East Midlands Trains.......

We don't know for sure that he was offered deals by L1 clubs, thats all forum and paper talk. Burton may have been the best offer he had. In fact, he'd left things rather late (relatively speaking), so Burton may have been the only offer left on the table.

There is a lot of belittling of Burton too. They are - at least - a club of the same size as ours, but they are growing whereas we are stagnating or even shrinking. Their fan base is growing, they have a great infrastructure and have always struck me as well run. They are well located in easy reach of numerous bigger clubs to "buddy-up" with for young players, and they have a great young manager in Gary Rowett. They've also recruited well this summer, so expect to see them challenge again next year. We are still an unknown quantity
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

:goodpost:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Agreed,, Burton are a decent club doing the best they can with what they have. If anything I'm not even sure Rene will be good enough for that club with that manager unless he changes his attitude that he had with us during the latter part of last season and his disciplinary record he had the whole time. Has Zola been retained by them next season? Maybe they could work well enough off each other.

That said I wish him all the best, he didn't want to be here so did us a favour in moving on.

Cheers Rene I hope it works for you.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I think Zola has signed for Aberdeen.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

and they only charge £14 to get in!!

still gutted that its a tuesday night, no trip to the coopers tavern for me this year!! all my favourite trips off, macc was another good one, cant see scunthorpe being a cracking day out like those two and york always are!
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Good luck to the guy really. Didn't really want to be coming up against him in L2 again but he'll get a decent reception from me when he returns.