Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

NickGull wrote:Good luck to the guy really. Didn't really want to be coming up against him in L2 again but he'll get a decent reception from me when he returns.

Agreed. Doubt I'll see Burton play this season, but if I do then he will get a good reception from me, as long as he doesn't score. Would love it if he missed a penalty against us.

Rather have players here who want to play for the club then be unhappy. Move on and look to the future!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Good luck Rene. At least he has was straight in the fact he wanted out at the end of the season. Scored some important goals, and lets face it his goal scoring streak at the start of the season is why we are still a football league club this season.
Lucy
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Duncan wrote:I hope this is worthy of the 100th post on this thread;

Taken from the Herald "The ex-Kettering and Peterborough player has hinted strongly that he favours a move North for family reasons, and he is in talks with at least one club over the border"

Bollox! That is where he will get the most Money...

I sympathize with him 99.9% and do not have no problem with him moving for such a reason, but wish the press would stop using this pathetic excuse on behalf of professional footballers.

With the exception of Plymouth every other football league club is North of Torquay!

Bollox, I rest my case.
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

after the dogs abuse this guy got like his unborn child being called a bastard son and what has been said about his wife then I really don't blame him for wanting to leave and I can understand why he doesn't have to justify himself to the abusers from the popside! you couldn't make up some of our supporters as they are so unbelievable, apparently all clubs have this kind of vermin, it would be nice to get rid of them!
no doubt this post will come under attack, probably because it was made early in the morning and probably because some think I'm a foreigner! :) what a riot!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yep, good luck rene,sorry to see him go but its time to look forward now. i wish him luck as long as he doesnt score against us.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

geezer wrote:after the dogs abuse this guy got like his unborn child being called a bastard son and what has been said about his wife then I really don't blame him for wanting to leave and I can understand why he doesn't have to justify himself to the abusers from the popside! you couldn't make up some of our supporters as they are so unbelievable, apparently all clubs have this kind of vermin, it would be nice to get rid of them!
no doubt this post will come under attack, probably because it was made early in the morning and probably because some think I'm a foreigner! :) what a riot!
I've got no problem with the sentiment in this post. If that kind of abuse took place, I didn't hear anything myself, then it is a great shame. No player deserves that, particularly our own and one that has been a top player for us for two seasons. Howe was a good centre-forward for us and is a good footballer. He scored goals, held up well and won plenty of flick-ons. Yes he conserved his energy and I know some like to see their favourites run around like idiots in the name of commitment but other are smarter than that. Many critiised him for being slow, well he was never Usain Bolt but think back, when he got his elbow in front of a defender when running and himself between the ball, he rarely lost it. Anyone who has actually played football will understand that. Good luck and we all move on, lets hope we get someone better to lead the line.
TUST number 080
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes agree with that Lloyder, howe is a good and intelligent player, very strong and he had a good turn of pace, i also think he could have stepped up a league, think he could have done better than burton and thats no disrespect to them, i feel in a good team he would get more goals. and if people have been giving him stick then they should feel ashamed there is no room for it, the guy is no differant to any other footballers these days. i for one will applaud him when he comes to plainmoor.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Best of luck for the future Rene. I hope it goes well for him up with the brewers as he did a good job for us. Just don't come back to haunt us :O
Oblivion!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If this is about geography then I perhaps owe Rene an apology. I don't know what sort of salary he will be getting at Burton so I can't really be sure if he has gone for the money. Like some have said, it is a bizarre move and IMO a regressive one in which Rene doesn't have to prove himself further therefore I fear for the Burton fans that they may get the Rene that masqueraded as a striker before he joined us. Burton are a really decent club and it's a nice set up with a nice set of fans and I only live 30 minutes away and so am able to check on their progress a lot in papers and things. So I'm unsure as to Jeffs claim that they are pulling in more and more fans all the time. I'd say that was completely untrue and they're no different from us. No offence Jeff but I don't see that at all. Anyway, he's gone.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

Burton Albion Manager Gary Rowett added: ‘We’ve worked hard to persuade Rene that this is the place to be in order to progress and further his career because he’s a player I certainly believe can play at a higher level.

At 26 i'm not so sure.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Duncan wrote:Burton Albion Manager Gary Rowett added: ‘We’ve worked hard to persuade Rene that this is the place to be in order to progress and further his career because he’s a player I certainly believe can play at a higher level.

At 26 i'm not so sure.

Tony Book (former clubs include Frome and Bath City) signs for Argyle age 30. Leaves Argyle at age 31 to join Division One (now the Premiership) Manchester City. Book then becomes captain and during his captaincy Man City win 4 trophies.

:O
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

geezer wrote:after the dogs abuse this guy got like his unborn child being called a bastard son and what has been said about his wife then I really don't blame him for wanting to leave and I can understand why he doesn't have to justify himself to the abusers from the popside! you couldn't make up some of our supporters as they are so unbelievable, apparently all clubs have this kind of vermin, it would be nice to get rid of them!
Maybe thats because atleast 13 of your 16 posts, are either slagging off this forum, other members of this forum or Torquay united fans in general, strange but true.

As for that abuse , where did that happen, twitter maybe? Because I stand not far from the half way line on the popside and have never ever heard any abuse directed at Rene Howe.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Duncan wrote:Burton Albion Manager Gary Rowett added: ‘We’ve worked hard to persuade Rene that this is the place to be in order to progress and further his career because he’s a player I certainly believe can play at a higher level.
At 26 i'm not so sure.

He CAN play at a higher level but now won't because he has rebuffed the opportunity to do so by joining Burton and thus wasting another 2 years at basement level. He had the platform to improve himself and rescue his reputation at Torquay but now it seems it has all been thrown away and I don't actually know what for. Not sure it's for money not sure it's geography but it sure is for a lack of ambition.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

geezer wrote:after the dogs abuse this guy got like his unborn child being called a bastard son and what has been said about his wife then I really don't blame him for wanting to leave

That is terrible if true. And the lady laddies have been throwing their handbags about because of my viewpoint of fanny Stevens.

I must in a previous life been an Australian - they don't fanny about when it comes to saying it as it is.

:devil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote:
Maybe thats because atleast 13 of your 16 posts, are either slagging off this forum, other members of this forum or Torquay united fans in general, strange but true.

As for that abuse , where did that happen, twitter maybe? Because I stand not far from the half way line on the popside and have never ever heard any abuse directed at Rene Howe.
I think he's probably referring to one of Matt's less successful attempts at humour on here.

http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=4826

As with most of Matt's posts it's not meant to be taken too seriously, unfortunately many posters continually fail to understand this.