Harding signs two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Latin, how very interesting.

A good solid league 2 player just what the doctor ordered. Yep I read that thread on the cobblers hotel end site aswell Matt, what they may not realise is, our team was well short of good league 2 players , and when they see Morris set off with the pace of a chugging tugboat sure they will soon realise we have got the best of the deal.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:
On the playing side - well we have cleared out a hell of alot of dross lets be fair. Halpin,Easton,Macklin,Stevens,Morris - its like Knill has come along in his rentokill van in his overalls and rodded the drains unblocking a sea of turds in the process.

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

This is a good signing IMO. Just what we need in midfield. Yep! the squad is looking good now and with another 3 to be added (hopefully) it will be an interesting season ahead I think :)
Oblivion!!!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

So with the signing of Ben Harding, presumably we can forget the rumours about Mozika coming to Plainmoor? That's a shame. Can't say I'm as enthusiastic as some - 2 goals in 42 games for the Cobblers last season hardly suggests he's a free scoring midfielder. I hope I'm proved wrong but my gut feeling is that at the end of the season, some of you will be making the sort of comments you have been making about Oastler, Morris and Stevens. Time will tell ...........
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

I'm happy with this signing he has proven that he can hack it consistently at L2.

I think we will see our midfield be mainoy ball winners and distributors to the wing rather than decent playmakers or overly creative. Let the "front four" be the attacking creativity. Thats just my opinion of how our season might pan out.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

tomogull wrote:So with the signing of Ben Harding, presumably we can forget the rumours about Mozika coming to Plainmoor? That's a shame. Can't say I'm as enthusiastic as some - 2 goals in 42 games for the Cobblers last season hardly suggests he's a free scoring midfielder. I hope I'm proved wrong but my gut feeling is that at the end of the season, some of you will be making the sort of comments you have been making about Oastler, Morris and Stevens. Time will tell ...........
He's a defensive midfielder - scoring goals isn't his job. How many goals has Damon Lathrope scored?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Point taken, DTUFC. I thought we were looking for a more attacking midfielder .....
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tomogull wrote:So with the signing of Ben Harding, presumably we can forget the rumours about Mozika coming to Plainmoor? That's a shame. Can't say I'm as enthusiastic as some - 2 goals in 42 games for the Cobblers last season hardly suggests he's a free scoring midfielder. I hope I'm proved wrong but my gut feeling is that at the end of the season, some of you will be making the sort of comments you have been making about Oastler, Morris and Stevens. Time will tell ...........
I have confidence this is not the case
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

SDYellow wrote:I'm happy with this signing he has proven that he can hack it consistently at L2.

I think we will see our midfield be mainoy ball winners and distributors to the wing rather than decent playmakers or overly creative. Let the "front four" be the attacking creativity. Thats just my opinion of how our season might pan out.
Everything I have read and heard on Harding is he is a deep sitting player who is a good distributer of the ball but not the strongest in the tackle. A bit like a league 2 Michael Carrick I guess. A strong midfielder alongside him is a must (Mozika and Manse type players).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

I'm hearing different reports on Hardings "strong tackling" I've heard a few say he is very strong and some say he's not. We all know Mansell will run around all day and is happy to stick his foot in. Hopefully they play well with each other. Yeah we would all like Mozika as well but I would be more than happy going into the Wimbeldon game with those two in the middle.

Harding has showed he is good enough to play in a top 5 team (including playoffs etc), NTFC offered him a deal that he turned down. So he os plenty good enough for us.

Saying that Cameron and Tonge were both involved at RUFC who also were very good in league two. With this I say we are signing some of the best players available to us and I for one am looking forward to this season.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Pleased with Harding, don't know too much about him but he is what Knill wants and so i'm happy with his arrival. Welcome aboard Ben!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's difficult to say with any confidence, given the nature of the match, but if we compare this year's performance against the Marines with last year's, we see that this crop is immeasurably superior to the last. Harding is a part of that, having looked composed and capable when he came on.
For all the talk of his size, having stood by the tunnel as the boys came out to go home, I'm not sure he is the answer. He's certainly no Jesus Hargreaves. That said, Knill's latest (and greatest) masterstroke will soon solve that. ;-)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

ferrarilover wrote:It's difficult to say with any confidence, given the nature of the match, but if we compare this year's performance against the Marines with last year's, we see that this crop is immeasurably superior to the last. Harding is a part of that, having looked composed and capable when he came on.
For all the talk of his size, having stood by the tunnel as the boys came out to go home, I'm not sure he is the answer. He's certainly no Jesus Hargreaves. That said, Knill's latest (and greatest) masterstroke will soon solve that. ;-)

Matt.
And what, pray, is this masterstroke? Is this the Manset rumour or something else?
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Good signing for you in my opinion.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

well we needed a central midfield player, wasn't the stand out signing I was hoping for but like Knill says he's been in succesful teams in this league, played lots of football and is a good age so he should be a solid, reliable , proven option. We did lack proven players last season and the signings that we have made are predominatly those types.

Centre half and up front now.