Danny Stevens - Thankyou

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I totally agree Matt85 but then all you need do is tell the person who posted that insult that you find it unacceptable or whatever and move on. The terminology used in this insult is bad and disrespectful but it is someone elses opinion like it or not and it's not breaking any rules.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

Fair one Andy I agree.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Matt85 wrote:Mickeyflash reactions to a calling a long serving player a tiny shorn off little f**k runt on a thread that is supposed to be thanking him for his service isn't PC gone wrong. Just no need.
I agree, but he didn't say that.

Re-read his post, then look at what you have said that he said and you will see that you have added an extra word.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think if everyone is civil to one another even in disagreements then reactions don't happen and people get across the points they want to get across. They aren't though so this kind of thing will always continue to happen which is sad as so many have said that they have stopped using the forum as much because of 'lots of unsatisfactory posts' shall we say are now the norm.

I think someone made a good point in another thread weeks back about only posting things on this site that you'd say to someones face in a discussion in the pub otherwise it becomes unacceptable and I think that is a good yardstick to go by. We all get annoyed and in addition there are sadly some people out there who think stirring up debate by posting stuff they don't mean or stuff just to create antagonism is fun. Personally I say what I think and this forum for me isn't some form of social experiment or playground posting controversial things to get members fighting big brother style whilst they sit back with a cuppa.

It is a place to say what I feel about Torquay United and other things on the other boards and although I totally disagree with the comments about Stevens, my personal opinion on Rene Howe is that now I think he's a bit of an arsehole. Is this acceptable or is insulting someone who has represented the club just not on? I think Rene is an arsehole because of my perceived view on his attitude, application and conduct these past 6 months and they are my reasons. He was a great player for us but personally I have lost respect for him because my perceptions have now changed based on this. I don't see anything wrong with me saying this and I don't wish to offend anyone , not even Rene. It's an honest view.

I just wish the season would start so we can all pull together again and get some fun, enjoyment and camaraderie back into supporting the Gulls. August the 3rd cannot come quick enough.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

"Ta da little ****"
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

Come oooon it is what it is
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Matt85 wrote:"Ta da little f**k"
My last post on this topic because, quite frankly, I can't be arsed anymore.

Exactly - what he didn't say was that he was a tiny shorn off little **** runt, which is what you said he had done. This is a bit like me saying Billy is crap and you telling everybody I said he was **** crap. The difference is fairly clear.

STIP
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

In fact - balls to it.

Thread locked.

STIP
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I read Trojan's post and thought it might provoke a response from a fair few people. I agree with his assessment of the player but not the personal insults, however, if I had to remove every post containing a personal insult I'd have to ask Louis to pay me for the time and effort involved. At the end of the day the Mods and Admin give up their free time to try and keep the site running along nicely which it has done for quite some time now. As I've said before, if you want a forum policed by the gestapo you can have it, personally I prefer the way we do it now where we basically decide quietly amongst ourselves whether action should be taken than each embark upon crusades based on our own individual viewpoint. There is a button to report any post, if it causes you offence then use it and allow us the time to make a collective decision.

Remember, it's a forum for people to post their opinions, I prefer to allow a post like Trojan's to reflect on him as an individual rather than the forum as a whole. Your right to disagree with him and show anyone reading that his view is strongly in the minority will say more about Torquay fans than his single post will do.

Unlocked again rather than stifle debate ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fair comment Dave - and can I thank you, Scott, Louis and others who run and monitor this Forum which as you say, is used sensibly and responsibly by the majority who post here. It's a great Forum for keeping up to date with what's going on at Plainmoor and exchanging views, hopefully without personal insults.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

To add my opinion - Stevens was absolutely useless last season - thats an accurate and fair assessment if ever their was one.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The shrieking lady with her constant foul mouth misquote doth protest too much. She is guilty of what she accuses the accused of. My response to personal verbal against me is this : :lol:

My response to all personal verbal is this : :lol:

If you can't take it, don't give it.

You sensitive types need to man up.

As SG correctly observes : "I prefer to allow a post like Trojan's to reflect on him as an individual rather than the forum as a whole."

And finally, I am absolutely ecstatic that Danny Stevens wont feature in a TUFC shirt in what hopefully will be an eventful 2013/14 season for Torquay United.

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"