Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Jerry would you be so kind as to please explain how it is funny or even remotely humorous to call someone's unborn child a bastard son!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It's not funny geezer nor humourous and my opinion is that Matt went a bit too far with that particular post but it's all about what each individual finds offensive and what each doesn't. For example, if some knuckledragger came on boasting about having had a good night slaughtering innocent rabbits and badgers with a couple of hounds then i'd have an immense problem with it whereas many of you might not. I've not too many problems with Matts post, it's not aimed at me and I don't know the people it was aimed at nor particularly found it offended me but I can totally see why it did offend many of you. So long as a vitriolic post isn't directly aimed at me or something racist or unsavoury has been posted about someone else then perhaps these posts maybe should be disagreed with but not slated like some have been. However, if it's a post that you genuinely have strong passionate feelings that it is wholly wrong then we do have a moral duty to ourselves to object. There is no right and wrong, there is a framework of rules and regs which forum members must adhere to when posting such as racism etc, things that are universally abhorred but so long as a post doesn't breach these guidelines then there isn't much we can do other than ignore an inflammatory post / remark made by someone if it offends or reply with an intelligent articulate response or if it's me then a paolo di canio style rant with a few effin this and a few effin that's. Like I said, we're all different.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

geezer wrote:Jerry would you be so kind as to please explain how it is funny or even remotely humorous to call someone's unborn child a bastard son!
You're right it wasn't funny at all, however I'm sure that Matt intended it to be so and no malice was intended, just poor judgement on his part.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

bastard
noun [C] (CHILD) /ˈbɑː.stəd/ /ˈbæs.tɚd/ old use
Definition
› a person born to parents who are not married to each other:
He was born in 1798, the bastard son of a country squire and his mistress

Geezer. Maybe not in the best taste, but only stating a fact.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Back on topic and away from Matt's latest ill thought out attempt to be funny.

Real shame tos ee Rene finally depart and for a club like Burton. Think their chance has been and gone and in terms of career choice this is a sideways step. Oxford are a reasonably big club at this level, and if it's got right there could go up the leagues. Burton won't, they are a small club similar to us where bottom end of L1 would be their absolute limit.

If it's purely logistics and this was the best offer he could get fair do's but it's just a bit of a shame to see him make such a meh move.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I really wish people would read before they post. Just saying. :whistle:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Threads been done to death really. AT last he has gone so I am not really interested in him at all. He has signed for Burton because his lack of fitness negates his obviously ability. Could go higher but isn't going to because he lacks the application - thats why noone else wanted him.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

diamondgirl wrote:I really wish people would read before they post. Just saying. :whistle:
I don't, it's a hoot, watching morons tying themselves in knots of misplaced hate and impotent rage. You want to see the furore Troj has caused with a perfectly accurate summation of Danny. ;-)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Matt85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt85 »

:) yaaaaaawn.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Wonder where he gets it from
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Hardly surprising that Trojan is put on a pedestal by Ferrarilover.

Attempting to shock by using weak, off-colour humour... of whom am I reminded?

Back off into the sunshine now, looking forward to having some TUFC news to read about or discuss.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

jonnyfive wrote:Hardly surprising that Trojan is put on a pedestal by Ferrarilover.

Attempting to shock by using weak, off-colour humour... of whom am I reminded?

Back off into the sunshine now, looking forward to having some TUFC news to read about or discuss.

Ironic, especially when you consider what your email address is :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

If you compare Rene's move to that of Eunan O'kane its blatantly obvious why many posters on this forum are a both surprised and very disappointed at his choice of club.

Thanks for the goals and many excellent performances. Good riddance to the petulant waster who consistently let both himself and his team mates down.

I could be wrong but for me this move signals the start of a biannual cycle doing the rounds as a lower league mercenary, earning substantially more than players who stay loyal to clubs for the majority of their careers.

Not a crime but just the way it seems to be these days.
Last edited by Duncan on 15 Jul 2013, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree 100% with that. I wouldn't necessarily call him a waster but you're not too far off the mark.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

When a player is unnecessarily suspended he is wasting his talents!