2nd in the table, 18th in attendances

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

hector wrote:A model to follow is Exeter Chiefs. A club that a few years ago got crowds of a few hundred and now get between 7000 - 9000 most weeks. They whole operation is very slick with online ticketing, a tremendous matchday experience. There is a lot TUFC could learn from them.
Have to agree Hector.

The set up at Sandy Park is such that you have loads of bars all around the ground as well as different vans etc, all selling different food. Pasta, jacket spuds, pies, curry.

It really encourages you to get there a couple of hours before kick off and spend money!

Boots and Laces and the Gulls Nest are good, but it's all about choice. A bar under the pop or where the changing rooms are now would make a killing I reckon. I'd have a pint at half time for sure, whereas I can never be bothered to go and queue up in B&L.

I'd even say they need something for the new stand. Replace the catering hut with a bar as well as a food counter. Put the previous torquay game on a big screen in there.

I know we are tight for space, but we have areas that could be used. Behind the away stand? The bowling alley? The car park behind the pop? Why do we need parking spaces, when the area could be making the club money? It's a no brainer!

If we want to improve our matchday experience, we need to think along these lines.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Have to agree, pop side bar should be next development on the list. Doesn't even have to be bricks and mortar and tuck it away as you say where the changing rooms are now. Have been to a few cricket games at Brizzle over the years and they have all sorts of temporary structures (beer tents) where they just line up pint after pint so limited q's and many punters. Ker ching ££
TUST #324
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

NickGull wrote:Average attendances over the last decade:

02/03 - average 3131
03/04 - 3460
04/05 - 3509
05/06 - 2851
06/07 - 2633
07/08 - 3125
08/09 - 2242
09/10 - 2855
10/11 - 2630
11/12 - 2722 (so far)

All combined, our average over those years is 2916. I'd expect this seasons to end up around 3000/3100, as with any potential deciding games (Crewe, Southends a big one etc, and Accrington on Good Friday) I'll expect 3000+ from every game now really. Didn't realise we lost nearly 1000 average fans during our time in the BSP though..
Well our first year in the BSP was 07/08, so in that year we actually had a higher average attendance. I think Buckle's much talked about "ambition" actually worked in our favour here and generated a lot of interest in the team. The perhaps when we didn't make it that first year a lot of the casual fans saw us sticking around in the BSP? Plus the credit crunch was kicking in around then too.

It's nice to be getting feedback from Mr Candy on some of these points, shows the club is not just listening to the fans but actively pursuing it's own avenues of research.

I do think that with the opening of the Bench things will improve, and obviously if promotion is on the cards that could help too, but there are clearly a number of other things we can do in the meantime and it's nice to know the club realises that and is working on it.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

Mack wrote: I think most of the people don't know more about the state laws so i think its better than you consult with any law firm.Before you may caught any any legal action that you surly don't want.Because they know that how to deal under a specific condition.
Sorry, I know it's very early in the morning, but what on earth are you on about? :keepie:
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

I suspect Mack is a bot....
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Sunnysideup wrote:I suspect Mack is a bot....

What, an 'rse (bottom) ? :| :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I thought we'd solved the bot problem?

WLY, there's a massive BT warehouse (or whatever) in Exeter, ask Louis, he'll get you a job.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"