Saah to Dagenham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Saah to Dagenham?

Post by CP Gull »

Seems like Dagenham would like to sign him after three games on trial with them. So it seems like Saah will get his wish and return "home". A predictable move, as there aren't too many options in League 2 (which is surely his standard) in the London area, but not only will he quite possibly be on less money (almost certainly when you take into account the cost of living up there) but he will be signing for a team that would be many people's favourites for the drop next season and not only that but it seems that, initially at least, he will be seen only as back up to their two existing (and decent) centre halves Wilkinson and Doe.

Boy, he really must have been desperate to get away from down here! How much of his decision making was down to the "Ling factor" I guess we will never know but to end up playing for a club as "back up" (when he was Club Captain and Players POTY down here) on (probably) less money in front of lower crowds and potentially in a struggling side next year makes his decision to turn down another (probably 2 year) contract down here a slightly strange one, but it's his choice and I wish him well.

http://www.london24.com/sport/league-2/ ... _1_2287152
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think we can safely assume his decision is a personal one. He wants to move back in that direction for a better home life. Football is a job at the end of the day, and I don't imagine there is a massive difference in terms of finances or prospects between Dagenham and Torquay.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Interesting to see Macklin is on trial with them as well.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Fonda wrote:I think we can safely assume his decision is a personal one. He wants to move back in that direction for a better home life. Football is a job at the end of the day, and I don't imagine there is a massive difference in terms of finances or prospects between Dagenham and Torquay.
Totally agree and Saah conducted himself appropriately and with respect for TUFC and the fans at all times and I wish him every success in the future.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

apparently the chairman at dagenham said in a bbc sport write up a few months ago that due to the strict running of the club the core of the team are only on a basic wage of £300 a week due to the small crowds they get, and he only has 4 full time staff running the club and he himself produces the matchday programme, my point is do we think that saah would be on more money than most at daggers?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How is he going to live in London on fourteen grand a year? He'd have to be earning double that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:How is he going to live in London on fourteen grand a year? He'd have to be earning double that.

Matt.
House prices in Dagenham are pretty much the same as Torbay.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:How is he going to live in London on fourteen grand a year? He'd have to be earning double that.

Matt.

I see what your saying Matt But get yer maths right mate. it's £15,600 a year not £14,000 doh!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

They may be on a retainer of only £!5,600 annualy but what bonus's are available. I doubt he would have any playing staff if on such a low wage, especially living in or around the smoke.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Matt.
will be living in a tower block in Bermondsey!
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

already has a place in Rainham I believe, about 3 miles away from Dagenham
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

taxilady wrote:already has a place in Rainham I believe, about 3 miles away from Dagenham
Ahhh Rainham. Delightful place........
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Yep, used to live in Bow, can't see why qnyone would choose Rainham, Bow, Dagenham, Stratford, West Ham over the bay, particually on less money, family or no family. But each to their own!
Banging_Them_In
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Captain

Post by Banging_Them_In »

......most districts and towns, even Plymuff and excretia, have one or two areas that look OK to live in. Google searches reveal that Dagenham and Rainham are really looking like the original sh1tholes ! :O
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Banging_Them_In wrote:......most districts and towns, even Plymuff and excretia, have one or two areas that look OK to live in. Google searches reveal that Dagenham and Rainham are really looking like the original sh1tholes ! :O
Yeah but not London. Chocker with absolute weirdo's. Always gets me why homeless people 'choose' to flock there. I have the utmost respect and sympathy for these people who find themselves in such a horrible position but I can't help thinking that if it were me then i'd go north, to Scotland or somewhere having bought a tent and then beg landowners if I could camp in return for some unpaid work. I could get food from the wild and be relieved from the very visceral concern about getting my head stoved in each night by marauding gangs or fatally maimed. I would be miles from anywhere, looking at the stars with the sounds of nature to ease me to sleep and not the sounds of some souped up motor with blacked out windows, dodgy rap blaring out and some shooters pointing in my direction.

No, Dagenham and Wimbledon are out for me this season as they are within the M25. I got the first hint of a nosebleed when I went to Wycombe away last season due to the close proximity to the M25 and although I may risk a trip to Adams Park again this, I most certainly won't be in attendance at Daggers or Wombles.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.