Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good to see Joey getting a chance somewhere else and also Danny too. Danny is just too predictable to be a success at a higher level but at BSP he'd be an excellent signing for someone, maybe Aldershot? Either way I hope they both get fixed up soon.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Good to see Joey getting a chance somewhere else and also Danny too. Danny is just too predictable to be a success at a higher level but at BSP he'd be an excellent signing for someone, maybe Aldershot? Either way I hope they both get fixed up soon.
I agree Andy. What I find slightly harder to believe is Lloyd Macklin trialing with Dagenham. If Danny is BSP standard (which, let's be honest, he probably is), then Macklin is at least the same. Fairplay to him for getting a trial at another league club though.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I think Macklin has ability just that for whatever reason he hasn't fulfilled his potential. Danny has eked out as much improvement as he possibly could during his time with us and in my opinion that still leaves him short and so he is where he is because of this. I feel Macklin at best (whatever that is) and Oastler are both League 2 players of some ilk. I'm still disappointed that Brian left us but there you go.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Macklin has age on his side over Stevens too.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

[quote="AustrianAndyGull"]I think Macklin has ability just that for whatever reason he hasn't fulfilled his potential. Danny has eked out as much improvement as he possibly could during his time with us and in my opinion THAT STILL LEAVES HIM SHORT and so he is where he is because of this. I feel Macklin at best (whatever that is) and Oastler are both League 2 players of some ilk. I'm still disappointed that Brian left us but there you go.

Yes - well spotted Andy. Danny has eked out as much improvement as he possibly could ....... and that still leaves him short .......... !!??
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Both Joe Oastler and Danny Stevens played for Aldershot yesterday in a PSF at Eastleigh who this week signed Stuart Fleetwood from Luton Town.
Oastler went on one of his runs upfield and scored for Aldershot's equaliser but was taken off at half-time when Danny Stevens came on for second half but was off 25 minutes later!
Chris Todd played for Eastleigh.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

In other news Scott Bevan has put behind him his year off from injury at Bristol Rovers who released him by signing for Conference South Havant & Waterlooville.
Didn't get off to a good start yesterday letting in 3 in a PSF against Newport County. The second he carried over his own goal line and the third beat him from 35 yards!
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Bevan better than poke - poke remains for me mediocre.....
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

nickbrod wrote:Both Joe Oastler and Danny Stevens played for Aldershot yesterday in a PSF at Eastleigh who this week signed Stuart Fleetwood from Luton Town.
Oastler went on one of his runs upfield and scored for Aldershot's equaliser but was taken off at half-time when Danny Stevens came on for second half but was off 25 minutes later!
Chris Todd played for Eastleigh.
:O

Now, I'll concede to not following the Conference as closely as I'd like since we departed it, but this has got to be a very strange move, surely?
Fleetwood was one of the best strikers in the Conference for years, was bloody frightening coming up against him, why on Earth would he go from Luton to as-good-as-relegated-before-the-season-starts-and-totally-devoid-of-liquidity Aldershot Town? That's like me turning down the the chance to MD Microsoft in favour of becoming a cleaner at Fanny-Mae.
Weird is as weird does, I guess.

Good for Danny though, he'll be in his element in the Conference. While it's not a massive step down as yesterday's match demonstrated), it's enough that he'll be coming up against weaker defenders than he tried, unsuccessfully, to best while in the League.

Aldershot seem to be putting together a decent Conference squad for the forthcoming season. It's not frighteningly good by any means, but it might just be enough to see them overcome their problems (and a -10 point start) to survive in the top level of the Non-League, for this season at least.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

It's actually Eastleigh who have signed Fleetwood
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Fleetword is at Eastleigh not aldershot
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Fleetwood has signed for Eastleigh not Aldershot. An even stranger move.

Didn't SG play for them back in the day?

Maybe he has some insight into the club, are they flush with cash all of a sudden?

Seems like there is an exodus from Luton, I guess Still wants to bring his own type of player to the club.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

OhJimmyJimmy wrote:Bevan better than poke - poke remains for me mediocre.....

I respect your opinion OJJ but IMO you couldn't be so far wrong.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

OhJimmyJimmy wrote:Bevan better than poke - poke remains for me mediocre.....
Wow mediocre seems harsh. What has he done to give you that impression?

He's no world beater but imho he's a more than adequate league 2 goalkeeper.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Poke looks average now, because he's following Olejnik, who probably should never have been playing in League 2. Poke is a decent enough keeper at this level.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."