Taunton Town friendly tonight

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Taunton Town friendly tonight

Post by taunton_gull »

Away from the 'will we/won't we sign anyone transfer saga' I just wondered if anyone else is planning on heading down to Wordsworth Drive tonight? (K/O 7.15pm) It will be as close to a 'home' game as I will ever get so I'll be there, with it only being a Torquay XI I'm sure anyone in first team plans will be playing at Hereford tomorrow but it should be interesting nonetheless to see the youngsters in action. Surprised there is no mention of it on the OS.
Rivo_7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rivo_7 »

There was a game at Stoke Gabriel last night involving a lot of the Youth players and with the Senior squad playing Saturday it will be interesting to see what sort of a side we have to field?
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Perhaps there could be a number of trialists involved?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

The game last night was against our development team, which is a step below our youth team. There will be no trialists or first team players on the pitch tonight it will be purely our youth team.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It appears we lost this one 8(EIGHT) - 0 :-o .... mind you that did have Rodney Marsh on their side!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

I thought this might happen in this fixture, I think when the friendly was agreed a few young pros were expected to have made the journey. But with the smaller squad we have this year this want to be the case. Hence men against boys !!
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Just got home, men against boys is spot on! Our lads tried hard but on a nasty hill of a pitch which I've had the misfortune of playing on myself it was always going to be difficult. Taunton were right up for it as well and looked like scoring whenever the ball was crossed - they've got some handy players, Marsh has been scoring goals for fun for some time. As has been mentioned I wonder if knowing the kind of side which we were able to bring up whether it was worth it - hopefully they will be able to take something from the game. I certainly would have liked to see Hutchings, Sullivan and other young pros such as Thompson play but obviously it wasn't possible in the end.

Managed to catch a word with Brassy during the second half - what a top bloke, nice to see him at the game.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Taunton have put on their twitter page that our side was going to be made up of youth, trialists and young pros. I'm afraid this wasn't the case hence the scoreline. I bet they think they have knicked an impressive scalp.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Yeah I had to bite my tongue listening to the misinformed garbage from some of their 'fans'. Apparently with players of that quality we have no future as a club. Let them have their cup final, while we can look ahead to Portsmouth they can enjoy Thatcham Town!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

In a terrible game obviously who was our best player in your opinion
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

The only player I really knew of beforehand was Prynn who was fairly quiet and came off at half time. I liked the look of number 3 at left back - not sure of his name but he was strong in the tackle and seemed quite composed for his age - any idea who he might be?
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Yeah he's name is Levi Ives I think he is Jim magiltons nephew, he is from Ireland and is an international. He's definitely the pick of the bunch even though he is one of the youngest. Prynne is a strange one and I bet the club aren't to happy he had a £50,000 deal with Aston villa but he came back because he didn't like it. He had a 2 year scholarship and a year pro with villa he has to be crazy to give that up.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Cheers for the info. Ah I had no idea that had happened with Villa, I'd assumed he hadn't left yet. That's disappointing and as you say the club won't be happy with the financial situation. Let's hope if he's as good as they thought we'll see the benefit.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

:O Seriously guys, are you saying that Prynn is still with us? I just assumed that as terms had been agreed between the two clubs that it was just a formality that he would sign although admittedly I had never seen it confirmed that he had (signed) anywhere. I mean, surely you don't turn down the opportunity to sign for a club like Aston Villa, do you???
Last edited by CP Gull on 27 Jul 2013, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Very odd with Prynn, and a blow to the club financially.

On the other hand, look on the bright side - there is obviously a player there with potential, and with the correct nurturing and coaching who knows what he could be worth in 3, 4 years time. Just because he wasn't ready to move now doesn't mean that he won't be ready in the future. Could easily fetch more than £50k if he's got what it takes.

That said, being part of a drubbing at the hands of Taunton suggests that he's certainly not good enough to carry the whole team!