Rene Howe - Signs for Burton Albion! A two year deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Nick wrote: Add to that the fact he's training at some of the best facilities in the country and it makes sense I guess.
I was there for refereeing last weekend, it's not just the best in the country but the best in the world! That's why all the teams from across Europe go there to train, Monaco were there last week, for example.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yes but say the facility was built in Norfolk and Kings Lynn used it he wouldn't be signing for Kings Lynn would he? I'd be surprised if the training facilities were a lure, after all he's still playing in league 2 for a club the same size as us and with equal poor exposure. Anyway, so long as he doesn't score against us then it's no skin off my nose. Interesting to see how he'd react if he did though, do you reckon he'd celebrate or show a bit of restraint?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Yes but say the facility was built in Norfolk and Kings Lynn used it he wouldn't be signing for Kings Lynn would he? I'd be surprised if the training facilities were a lure, after all he's still playing in league 2 for a club the same size as us and with equal poor exposure. Anyway, so long as he doesn't score against us then it's no skin off my nose. Interesting to see how he'd react if he did though, do you reckon he'd celebrate or show a bit of restraint?
Would you rather work on a card table in a portakabin or in a luxury, air-conditioned, spacious office with your own PA?

To be honest, I think Downes would have his number, but if he did score then I dunno, it's not like he was here for that long. Depends on whether he likes to think of himself as a 'moral guy' after jumping ship, I guess :-/
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

let it go andy...;-)
The gulls are going up
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Nick wrote:£2000 per week, a £20k signing on bonus aswell as add ons for goals and things, so I believe.
Jeez, that much on one player for a L2 club???

Sounds like it will all end in tears to me :'(
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Players should celebrate - unless they score against a club or whom they've spent a significant part of their career and they truly have an affiliation with. If he'd scored against one of his previous clubs when playing for us, I'd have expected him to celebrate - in order to show where his loyalties now lie. Burton fans will expect the same. If he scores against us, don't take it personally when he celebrates - he'll be doing his job, nothing more. It''s a nonsense when players don't celebrate.
Last edited by Fonda on 26 Jul 2013, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

gullno4 wrote:let it go andy...;-)

:lol:

Just interested that's all. :}
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Sunnysideup wrote: Jeez, that much on one player for a L2 club???

Sounds like it will all end in tears to me :'(
Don't know how true this is, but apparently Burton bring in shedloads of money through their ground. Gate receipts are only something like 25% of their income, which allows higher wages I guess!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

he scored within two mins tonight I see
still keeping the faith
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

& just blasted wide. Not booked yet then! And can't play in their opening league games.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066