Taunton Town friendly tonight

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Hopefully he signs a pro deal when he turns 17 and develops with us. If he is as good as people think then he could be challenging for a first team spot in the next year or two. Losing £50k might be a short term blow, but it would be great to see a youngster come through and be a regular first team player. If he scores goals then his value will rocket.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Post on Exeweb (less reliable than Wiki, given the clientèle) suggests Tully was not involved in the Salisbury v Exeter match because he was playing for Tiverton (both on Friday). True, or the product of mummy and daddy being brother and sister?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

supergulls wrote: Prynne is a strange one and I bet the club aren't to happy he had a £50,000 deal with Aston villa but he came back because he didn't like it. He had a 2 year scholarship and a year pro with villa he has to be crazy to give that up.
the new mark loram, looking a gift horse in the mouth and then coming home to devon

lets hope we can nurture him and get him into the first team squad asap then
still keeping the faith
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'd also assumed that he had gone! Here's hoping he can further his development down here then!
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Is it 100% that Prynn isn't going? Can find no mention of it anywhere.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

If this is the case (i.e. Prynne) why hasn't the official site informed us? They were full of it when he went.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

CP Gull wrote::O Seriously guys, are you saying that Prynn is still with us? I just assumed that as terms had been agreed between the two clubs that it was just a formality that he would sign although admittedly I had never seen it confirmed that he had (signed) anywhere. I mean, surely you don't turn down the opportunity to sign for a club like Aston Villa, do you???
He left and was there for a couple of weeks but decided he didn't like it and asked to come back so the deal has fell through.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Thanks for that, Supergulls.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

To be honest I was very surprised when it was announced that he was going to Aston villa as I've watched him on numerous occasions and he rarely stood out for me. Football is all about opinions and my opinion counts for nothing but I will say I think he was a very lucky boy to be offered a pro at villa and he should have taken that opportunity with both hands. I don't think he has even scored for the youth team yet.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

supergulls wrote:To be honest I was very surprised when it was announced that he was going to Aston villa as I've watched him on numerous occasions and he rarely stood out for me. Football is all about opinions and my opinion counts for nothing but I will say I think he was a very lucky boy to be offered a pro at villa and he should have taken that opportunity with both hands. I don't think he has even scored for the youth team yet.
This being the case, are we sure that Villa didn't take a couple of weeks to look at him, and decided perhaps he wasn't the player they'd hoped?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."