Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

wivelgull wrote:More and more I'm coming to believe that this Pearce rumour is bosh.
Am I to assume you agree with Brucie on that?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

:lol:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

wivelgull wrote:More and more I'm coming to believe that this Pearce rumour is bosh.
Is this what you actually believe, what you'd like to believe or what you'd like us all to believe? The second and third perhaps? As said above, I feel sure that Brucie will be in line to agree with you. Every silver lining has a cloud eh?

:slap:
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

it's not bosh, check the club's Twitter feed! insideplainmoor. I dropped his initials and no one knew, I said his name and still those in the know didn't actually know! this is fun!
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

On the OS they say that Perce has agreed personal terms with us. That is a sort of confirmation. Now, we only need a striker.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 48362.aspx
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, o.k. I'll accept that it looks likely now. However, after all the fun and games of the Pearce saga, why stop now? Let's have more febrile speculation as to the long-awaited striker. Names please!
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by MH91 »

It seems Wayne Rooney is on his way out of ManUtd. Perhaps offer him a trial? :~D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

geezer wrote:it's not bosh, check the club's Twitter feed! insideplainmoor. I dropped his initials and no one knew, I said his name and still those in the know didn't actually know! this is fun!
Of course we/they knew, it was just more fun for the game to continue.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

CP Gull wrote:Krystian Pearce?
So, do I win a prize then ? :rules:
Last edited by CP Gull on 27 Jul 2013, 17:42, edited 2 times in total.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I have to say Pearce has to be one of the best Torquay transfers of recent times, I'm sure he'll do a great job for us.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

HOPEFULLY, Ollie! :P
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I think you get the award for the amount of rubbish you post wivelgull, at least Brucie once in a blue moon might be correct
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Can't believe we would sign Deamon when we have two lads in that same position,Cooper must be the better bet.I know you have to stick to a budget but sometimes in business you have to push the boat out and grab the oppertunity
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Cooper is a central midfielder who can at centre half, Deaman is a Centre half/right back (not sure if he is more accomplished at one more than the other). At the moment we don't have any cover for Tonge unless Hutchings can play there, so if Deaman can play Right back then maybe that is why he is in with a shot?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

frenchgull wrote:Can't believe we would sign Deamon when we have two lads in that same position,Cooper must be the better bet.I know you have to stick to a budget but sometimes in business you have to push the boat out and grab the oppertunity
Downes and Pearce will be our first choice pairing. Cooper will be expecting regular football and a decent wage. It's understandable we can't justify that kind of expenditure on a player that might not play. Deamon would likely be happy to be a reserve, and would accept the wage that goes with it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."