Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie talks more sense than anyone. The whole Pearce business last week was ridiculous - and we STILL don't know if he'll be signing.
O.K. It was good fun to speculate but let's have something definite.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

In what way was it ridiculous? Moving from Nottingham to Torquay is a big decision, so Pearce needs to take his time, make sure its right move for him, so if it takes a week to finalise, that is not ridiculous.

Seems like Knill has a loan strikee agreed, so providing it doesnt fall through, could have the full squad bar the experienced striker. Think Knill has done good business, and so much better to wait on a striker and maybe miss first game or two than have Atieno and Mcphee as our back up!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

wivelgull wrote:Brucie talks more sense than anyone. The whole Pearce business last week was ridiculous - and we STILL don't know if he'll be signing.
O.K. It was good fun to speculate but let's have something definite.
Brucie and Wivelgull, the Stadler and Waldorf of the forum. Both talk cack and seem to be very closely related. Twins?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Kernowgull wrote:
Seems like Knill has a loan strikee agreed, so providing it doesnt fall through, could have the full squad bar the experienced striker. Think Knill has done good business, and so much better to wait on a striker and maybe miss first game or two than have Atieno and Mcphee as our back up!
:goodpost:

I'm happy to play a couple of games with what we have whilst waiting for Knill to get his man, much better than wasting some of our small budget on
someone just for the sake of getting a body in.

Obviously this view is based on Knill's target being bloody good!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As far as me talking more sense than anyone else is concerned - its true.

I agree with wivelgull.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

I don't know why people are worried about getting a C.F. I am sure we will get a very good one! After all Knill has such wonderful contacts in the game that he has almost signed a centre half that according to Notts County fans has been going downhill since he was 17, can only concentrate for 85 mins., has nothing between his ears, & goes on barnstorming runs up field before losing the ball. They also say that Steve Bruce & Lee Clarke, at his previous club were not impressed. On the plus side the fans of the mighty Barnet quite liked him when he was on loan there.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Will everyone please be cool! We're not desperate, we're not a joke club who can't even attract a Sunday League player (or whatever old shit the usual suspects are peddling this week), we're in exactly the same boat as everyone else. We have people lined up, but, for the millionth time, these things don't happen overnight. I appreciate we're frighteningly close to the start of the season, but that's when these players start to get desperate.

At the risk of revealing more than I should, some players are on £125,000/year and, if we're to get them here on £50,000/year, we have to spend a lot of time persuading them that Torquay is a decent move. A lot of these players think they'll be happy picking up their moolah for sitting on their arse in front of Jeff Stelling every Saturday. It takes them a couple of weeks of so doing to realise that they would rather be playing for us than not playing for someone else. Equally, and again for the millionth time, loanees don't get released to their borrowing clubs until minutes before the start of the season, because their owning clubs keep them for as long as possible, just in case they turn out to be the next Wayne Rooney.

It might not be for Wimbledon, it might not even be for Swindon, but before too much of the season is passed, we will have a full roster of 4 strikers. Knilly isn't **** ing stupid, he knows we're light of a front man. It's testament to the calibre of player he is attempting to bring to the club (and succeeding, in the case of Pearce and possibly others) that it is taking so long to finalise deals.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

ferrarilover wrote:Will everyone please be cool! We're not desperate, we're not a joke club who can't even attract a Sunday League player (or whatever old sh*t the usual suspects are peddling this week), we're in exactly the same boat as everyone else. We have people lined up, but, for the millionth time, these things don't happen overnight. I appreciate we're frighteningly close to the start of the season, but that's when these players start to get desperate.

At the risk of revealing more than I should, some players are on £125,000/year and, if we're to get them here on £50,000/year, we have to spend a lot of time persuading them that Torquay is a decent move. A lot of these players think they'll be happy picking up their moolah for sitting on their arse in front of Jeff Stelling every Saturday. It takes them a couple of weeks of so doing to realise that they would rather be playing for us than not playing for someone else. Equally, and again for the millionth time, loanees don't get released to their borrowing clubs until minutes before the start of the season, because their owning clubs keep them for as long as possible, just in case they turn out to be the next Wayne Rooney.

It might not be for Wimbledon, it might not even be for Swindon, but before too much of the season is passed, we will have a full roster of 4 strikers. Knilly isn't f**k ing stupid, he knows we're light of a front man. It's testament to the calibre of player he is attempting to bring to the club (and succeeding, in the case of Pearce and possibly others) that it is taking so long to finalise deals.

Matt.
I think that I would rather sit on my arse than lose £75,000.00 a year
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

And thats EXACTLY the problem that we are up against !!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

brucie wrote:Has Pearce actually signed then or not? - perhaps we should sign Billy Pearce - he is a comedian and should fit in well at Torquay.
Perhaps the new striker might turn up at half time in the Afc Wimbledon game. I have got visions of Thea Bristow running down the touchline to the dugout in the first half, fax in hand.
In fact does anybody know if there is a circus in town? - other than the one currently showing at Big Top Plainmoor.
This non signing of key players has turned into a first class fiasco.
Are you saying that you don't think much of Knill as a manager, & reports of him having good contacts in the game is just a load of spin?
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

as much as this makes me feel sick to the stomach I totally agree with Matt! oh and brucie and wivel are both Terry Larcombe!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

But surely you would have to be a very troubled soul indeed to want to post under two IDs on this forum? Either that or you would believe that you have so much to say that you have to say it twice? To talk complete cack twice would be even odder. Either way, to post comments agreeing with yourself would be very weird indeed, do you really think it could be true?
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

it's got nothing to do with stating things twice, it's an attempt to appear that someone else actually agrees with him! he only posts this "shock jock" style of posts for a reaction and boy does he succeed at that! if you knew Terry like we know Terry, all sing along now! he's actually not that bad as it goes and sometimes has some very good and thought provoking ideas to put forward!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I'm sure he is lovely and cuddly and kind to animals. Clearly folk have a right to say what they want on here, within reason, but posting under two IDs, if that is what us happening here, is not something that the moderators should tolerate. This is what Internet trolls do.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie is clearly not wivel.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/