Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

You need sectioning Chunky my good man! :na: :lol:

Who is this Doctor Who bloke? I heard the name CAPALDI and thought it was the ex-garg who had got the gig! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I eat fish, they've lived a natural life right up until they have been landed plus they are healthy. I don't eat farmed fish though because their whole biology is compromised by captivity and they are exposed to chemicals added in water and feed thus having dangerous levels of PCB's in their systems (Polychlorinated Biphenyls) and PCB's are an aggressive carcinogen. If you eat farmed salmon for example, eat in once a month for it to be safe otherwise eat Wild Alaskan Salmon caught by pole / line and not trawled or dredged. It really is that simple. :rofl:
And what do fish eat?
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

andy, what about fruit. how harmful is it?

it seems to me and many others i have heard complain that fruit doesnt seem to last 5 minutes after its bought these days and thats taking into account the weather and putting it in the fridge. i noticed last winter even, that it was going off the next day. dont even get me started on b@stard strawberries, £2 a pop and i probably dont even eat half a punnet before thay have turned to mush. :@

i know they have used various chemicals for years on fruit and preservatives and all sorts of crap. the fact though that it isnt lasting anymore, does that mean the wholesalers or supermarkets have stopped spraying or pumping the fruit full of this stuff and if so do we know what harm that crap could have done. :-/

i dont like seeing stuff in packaging but when i go to the local supermarket and see the fruit and veg loose and some young spotty herbert who probably hasnt washed his hands after using the toilet is working that department putting out the produce it makes me really think. :no:

then i see all sorts of people handling, touching, picking up, inspecting, bashing the stuff, even some goes on the floor and gets put back.hundreds of people breathing, coughing, sneezing and farting all over the area or goods. then that all gets cycled around the store by air conditioning. :-o

surely washing it under a cold tap when you get home before you eat it doesnt combat the bacteria and germs picked up or attracted and we eat that $h1t. :Z
Last edited by chunkygull on 05 Aug 2013, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

People that feel their point is so valid they have to post it twice!
Only joking Chunks!
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

geezer wrote:People that feel their point is so valid they have to post it twice!
Only joking Chunks!
Damn you edited that quick!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

:lol: :bow:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Basically Chunky, all fruit and veg you buy is best to be organic although it isn't a failsafe as they use pesticides on them too i believe. It's just that the residues in organic food is lessened and hasn't absorbed too much into the product. Washing the product will get rid of some of the germs from handling and things but not pesticide residues. I'm not an expert, i just like to know where what i'm eating comes from and what is in it as i don't trust big corporations or the government. I don't really drink tap water anymore either as IMO the compounds and levels of fluoride in it is totally unacceptable bordering on dangerous. Nobody ever challenges it, they just accept that tap water is safe because it has always been there. If you challenge it you are labelled a weirdo. It's nothing to do with that, it has everything to do with if i trust the government to supply me with safe drinking water and i don't.

As to what fish eat USA, wild fish eat anything from smaller fish, to plankton, algae and other aquatic organisms and obviously these food sources can be contaminated if they have lived in toxic water or near sewage or whatever but generally speaking i'd say they were safe to eat. Tuna and Swordfish contain extremely elevated levels of mercury which means you shouldn't eat them on a frequent basis but most fish is ok to eat. At least their diet hasn't been manufactured, manipulated and chosen by humans. I suppose it is a case of how far do you take it and i'm sure in some ways fish is harming me but at the very least they have lived a full and natural life unlike many farm animals who are kept in cramped conditions and then driven in trucks for miles all cramped together just so they can arrive at their destination to get herded into a slaughterhouse, get strung up by their hocks, given an electric shock and then have their throats cut and then pushed on by to bleed to death whilst the next one comes around to await it's fate. I've seen this with my own eyes and you would think twice about eating meat if you saw this and you had any semblance of compassion in your body and soul. The problem with meat is that people just see it in a cellophane packed box in the supermarkets, they don't know the half of it. If we are going to eat meat then fine, just find a better way and a more humane way of slaughter. Driving them miles on the motorway to the slaughterhouses doesn't help. The slaughterhouses need to be on the sites of the farms themselves to minimise stress and anxiety in the animals and that would be a start and then we need to find a more humane way of destruction. What we do now is barbaric, it's a job i know but Christ.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:You need sectioning Chunky my good man! :na: :lol:

Who is this Doctor Who bloke? I heard the name CAPALDI and thought it was the ex-garg who had got the gig! :lol:

i think you might be right andy. if any shrink analysed me, the men in white coats would think all their christmasses had come at once. doing a self analysis im beginning to wonder. :-o

the wife just thinks i need to grow up. :no:

when she tells me i need to grow up i just stare at the floor, fold my arms and say, "dont want to, shan't, its borin" ^.^

theres nothing wrong with doctor who. the guy who got the role peter capaldi (not the argyle knob) is a well respected, esteemed actor, with a very impressive cv and a successful career. he has even won an oscar. he wasnt my ideal choice but he is propably the highest profile and most well known name (before playing the doctor) to take the role. such is the importance, privilege and coveting the role brings. many actors would kill for that job. :)

my only concern is how long capaldi is in the job for because he is in such demand and all these luvvie types dont want to be typecast. he is also in bbc's new 3 musketeers in a main role as cardinal richilieu.

a doctor who should do at least 3-4 years and it takes a lot of commitment. almost 9 months to make each series and thats without all the attention and bedlam that follows the actor everywhere. i dont think he will do it for that long, therefore i feel maybe they shouldnt have chosen him. a young, hungry virtual unknown again would probably have been better. but i expect i am wrong.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

dont even get me started on bloody tap water. we pay the highest water rates in the country, almost double some areas and get told its to maintain high standards, quality and infastructure. nothing to do with being ripped off and fat cats expanding their bank account. :@

like you say all they do is pump it full of more and more fluoride and other chemical crap and tell us it is improving the quality to dizzy heights never experienced before. it will be like drinking the nectar of the gods and its better than any bottled water on the market. :-/

and not forgetting all the millions of gallons a year wasted by the thousands of leaks.

also they tell us the high rates are supposed to help towards maintaining and keeping the beaches/sea clean, yeah right, you wont catch me swimming in that floating rubbish dump ever again. you should see the $h1t that gets pumped into it. the beaches are vile in some parts. :Z

i love it down here, i was born here, my family goes back generations here and i will never leave :'( but i wouldnt be too chuffed if i lived in a land locked area, city or inland town and never saw the sea, so for a deserved holiday decided to round up the family, pay X hundred pounds to come to the english riviera to be by the seaside and had to wade through the beer cans, used needles, rubbish, used rubbers and empty plastic chemical containers along the beach to take a dip in the sea, then whilst swimming along nearly swallow a nice nutty turd someone pushed out just hours earlier. :-o

blimey, we is havin' a right moan today. =D

christ andy, how do you come up with all that stuff, off the top of your head and type it all so fast. :-o
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: I don't really drink tap water anymore either as IMO the compounds and levels of fluoride in it is totally unacceptable bordering on dangerous. Nobody ever challenges it, they just accept that tap water is safe because it has always been there. If you challenge it you are labelled a weirdo. It's nothing to do with that, it has everything to do with if i trust the government to supply me with safe drinking water and i don't.
But you do trust some big corporation like Danone or Coca-Cola? (I'm assuming you don't get your water straight from a glacial lake ;-) )

The reason the human race is the dominant species is because we evolved larger brains than our competitors, these brains have enabled us to make meat pies, so it's what we should be eating. If you eat fruit and veg you are stealing from the poor dumb animals who can't make pastry!! :lol:

As Scott mentioned, you are constantly suffering from some affliction or another. I eat no "healthy" food and I've never had a day off sick in my life. The evidence is pretty clear, give up the green stuff and eat more pies! :na:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Buxton water. :clap:

Don't drink all that danone waters crap. Oh and Badoit water is good too! :bow:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Buxton water. :clap:

Don't drink all that danone waters crap. Oh and Badoit water is good too! :bow:
Are Nestlé different in some way then?

And that will be the Badoit water produced by Danone will it?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gets my goat too, Andy. If we are Devonians are the only ones paying for the beaches, then Devonians are the only ones allowed to use them, simple. I'm the only one paying for my house, so I'm the only one who gets to live here, it's a simple concept.
Water rates should be standardised, along with other utilities. It doesn't cost more to pump a gallon of water to me in Dartmoor than it does to pump a gallon of water to Mabel in Newcastle, so why does she pay less? It's bollocks. As for keeping the beaches tidy, who do you think messes them up? It sure as **** isn't locals. We don't crap where we eat. It's all the **** ing thick Brummies and Scousers down there for their Summer 'Olidies that make a **** ing mess. Litter, nappies and dog shit seem to be the irritant of choice of all inbred northern monkeys who think Paignton is a holiday destination and curry sauce on chips is exotic.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Oops Jerry, at least i'm trying! lol
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Gets my goat too, Andy. If we are Devonians are the only ones paying for the beaches, then Devonians are the only ones allowed to use them, simple. I'm the only one paying for my house, so I'm the only one who gets to live here, it's a simple concept.
Water rates should be standardised, along with other utilities. It doesn't cost more to pump a gallon of water to me in Dartmoor than it does to pump a gallon of water to Mabel in Newcastle, so why does she pay less? It's bollocks. As for keeping the beaches tidy, who do you think messes them up? It sure as f**k isn't locals. We don't crap where we eat. It's all the f**k ing thick Brummies and Scousers down there for their Summer 'Olidies that make a f**k ing mess. Litter, nappies and dog sh*t seem to be the irritant of choice of all inbred northern monkeys who think Paignton is a holiday destination and curry sauce on chips is exotic.

Matt.
I like and agree with all of this apart from the cuury sauce bit!

Love a bit of curry sauce with me saveloy and chips I do!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/