Tom Cruise

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Tom Cruise

Post by Brightboy »

Does anyone else think it would be good to see Cruise get a good amount of games this season?

After signing him last season under risky circumstances with his injury history, he seems to have kept himself fit and he could be a quality player for us imo!
He got a run of a few games under Knill last season until his sending off, and I for one hope he starts him at left back regularly this time around as well.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

He's the best left back at the club, so, yes, more games please, Mr Knill.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

Kevin Nicholson is one of my favourite Torquay Players over the last 10 years but I fear that his legs may have gone or at least be on the way out.

The issue is however that Knill clearly isn't sure about Cruise. I think he deserves his chance so we shall see...
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brightboy »

Yeah I agree, Nico's been a fan favourite throughout his time at Torquay and rightly so.

Seeing as Cruise has come through Arsenals academy and actually played for their first team once or twice (albeit in games that don't matter), he must have potential?
From the little I've seen of him he's got all the attributes to be a great left back, he's one of Torquays bundle of exciting young players!

Who knows, he could be the next Nico ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Knill would not have given him a contract if he did not feel he had anything to offer so I suspect he will ge his chance unless Nico's form is excellent.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fully agree with this. Cruise deserves a run of games to show his potential. However, I thought Nico had a reasonable game on Saturday - not 'top five' MoM but didn't do much wrong in my opinion.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If he hadn't suffered injury, he'd still be playing for Arsenal. It wasn't ability which saw him leave north London, but it was talent which saw him offered the biggest contact Arsenal have ever offered an academy player.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Brightboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brightboy »

Well I've got his name and number on the back of my new Torquay shirt so that's another reason I want him to become a first team player.
Will look a bit of a numpty if he's warming the bench week-in, week-out! :lol:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Of course Cruise should start. He'd actually pass the ball to the midfielders for a start rather than the hoof up the line that has become Nicho's trademark.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I think some are a little harsh here, going forward he's still good. The problem comes defensively, where he is unable to cope with quick wingers.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Which is fine, except that he is a defender :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Agreed Scott. He's a defender, first and foremost. I'd rather have a full back who never crossed the half way line but could defend well, than one who lets a player past him but is cracking going forward.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thought Nico, despite sliming down had an awful season last term by his own high standards, thats not me being fickle or suffering from a short memory, just my own honest opinion.

That said, to be fair thought Nico had a decent game Saturday and was not far from my personal top five. No player can go on forever, I do not think Nico will have the legs 46 games plus now, Nico has been and continues to be a fantastic player and great servant of our club, but I do think Tom Cruise will have big part to play in this season and going forward.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

forevertufc wrote:Thought Nico, despite sliming down had an awful season last term by his own high standards, thats not me being fickle or suffering from a short memory, just my own honest opinion.

That said, to be fair thought Nico had a decent game Saturday and was not far from my personal top five. No player can go on forever, I do not think Nico will have the legs 46 games plus now, Nico has been and continues to be a fantastic player and great servant of our club, but I do think Tom Cruise will have big part to play in this season and going forward.
:goodpost:

I wasn't there on Saturday but apart from that totally agree Dave.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.