Karl Hawley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Karl Hawley

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

So 2 points from two games for yourself. Have the performances been encouraging? I see you have a player who started off with us at Walsall. Scored a very well taken goal for you yesterday, I think if he gets back to his Carlisle goal scoring exploits you will have a very decent player on your hands.

All the best for the season!

Hope to see you get promoted.

Lukeyboy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Elements of the performances have shown that we can be a very good side. Some of our play against Swindon in the League Cup was a quality far in excess of last year's Gillingham. Hawley, as I'm sure you'll appreciate, kills the opposition with movement. He never stops trying to get away from his man and look for the ball. He's only half fit at the moment, so Christ only knows what he'll be like once he's got some gym time under his belt.
His finish yesterday was spectacular, and I don't mean to detract from it, but despite his aforementioned movement, the Morecambe defenders want the sack for giving him about 25 minutes all to himself just 20 yards out.
He will, as you correctly suggest, be a really good player for us (as he would any L2 club). If Fred's offered it, I'd have a ton on him outscoring Rene Howe this season.

I'm short, Hawley will be excellent given some time (maybe another 5 games) and so will the team.

Since you've been good enough to ask us, will you evaluate your start to the season for us here?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

I agree you have to give time to your new players to gel. Hopefully that will be first of many for Karl Hawley in a Torquay shirt this season.
We have won our first 2 league games and also beat Port Vale away in the cup which has set up a away trip up the road to Stoke. (Vale fans must be gutted!) So we have had a excellent start, but its only 3 games. Like yourselves though you have to aim high. Cheers for asking Matt.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Luke, if you're going to hang around for the season, please let me know how Milan Lalkovic is doing for you. He was highly rated as a youngster for Chelsea and was destined to be a star for Slovakia but has had 3 different loan spells and failed to get regular first team football at any of them. He is still only 20, but based on his hype and reputation it is a shame to see him drop to L1 to get regular football. Hopefully he has a good spell with you and it kick starts his career.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Gulliball wrote:Luke, if you're going to hang around for the season, please let me know how Milan Lalkovic is doing for you. He was highly rated as a youngster for Chelsea and was destined to be a star for Slovakia but has had 3 different loan spells and failed to get regular first team football at any of them. He is still only 20, but based on his hype and reputation it is a shame to see him drop to L1 to get regular football. Hopefully he has a good spell with you and it kick starts his career.
I have seen him once so far in our opening game of the season, not been able to attend a away game yet. He looked very lively, likes to take players on and he scored that day to with a very well taken goal. He was away on international duty this week but will be back for our home game with notts county this weekend. He obviously does sense this as a chance to get his career up and running as you rightly said.