Billy Bodin

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Kee has done ok at Burton but he has hardly set the world alight. I think we got £35k for him and I doubt he is worth much more than that now.

Also it can be genuinely said that Kee was not given the opportunity at Torquay to play in his best position - most of the time when he was given a chance he was played wide. I don't believe the same can be said for Bodin - while Bodin may see himself as a striker I don't believe he is one. I think he is a winger. He has been given a lot of opportunity and especially under Ling he had quite a free role.

Having said that I want to see him have more opportunity. I think this season will be one of transition for the team and I'd like to see Bodin get as much opportunity as possible. It is last year of his contract and (with us at least) this year is make or break. I'd like nothing more than see the lad get match time, get some confidence and turn into the player that he looked like he could be while on loan with us. The fans need to be patient with him, although in return they need to see Billy working hard and when he makes a mistake making the effort to make up for it.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Billy was substituted in the 46th minute of the Wales v Finland U21 Euro qualifier. Wales lost 1-5. Was Billy injured, or just not playing well? Anyone have any news?
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Gullscorer wrote:Billy was substituted in the 46th minute of the Wales v Finland U21 Euro qualifier. Wales lost 1-5. Was Billy injured, or just not playing well? Anyone have any news?
Official site had a brief article, made no mention of injury. They were down 4-0 at half when he came off, if he was not playing well he apparently had a lot of company.