Legends Tournament

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Legends Tournament

Post by Magpiegull »

The OS has announced a Gulls Legends team is to participate in a 4-team tournament at Coach Road, Newton Abbot this Sunday afternoon. Gulls, Argyle, Exeter City and Devon FA will play. Should be interesting, as, I believe, Martin Ling and Shaun Taylor are pencilled in for the City team!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Go here >>> http://www.devonfa.com/news/2013/aug/le ... and-squads
For stuff. I know some of them, but tell me about the ones whose names I do not recognise.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

only one i don't know is Paddy Gillies :O for us
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Magpiegull wrote:The OS has announced a Gulls Legends team is to participate in a 4-team tournament at Coach Road, Newton Abbot this Sunday afternoon. Gulls, Argyle, Exeter City and Devon FA will play. Should be interesting, as, I believe, Martin Ling and Shaun Taylor are pencilled in for the City team!
And Darren Rowbotham! :@
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:Go here >>> http://www.devonfa.com/news/2013/aug/le ... and-squads
For stuff. I know some of them, but tell me about the ones whose names I do not recognise.

Matt.
That's a bit hard unless you tell us which ones they are!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Paddy Gilles is the only one I don't remember. Gareth Howells was my first Gulls hero. Probably why I grew up to like booze so much!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jerry wrote: That's a bit hard unless you tell us which ones they are!

That'll be all of them :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Wish I could get to see this, my old PE teacher Phil Everett is playing for Devon FA (he was a striker for Tivvy Town in the nineties when they won the FA Vase).
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

What a quality Gulls squad! Just to pick out a handful, it'd be great to see Aggy and Hargreaves play together, the great Loram and Caldwell reunited, and the return of Watson and Hilly.

Best squad out of the four.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Great Gulls squad! Might have to go down to Coach Road on Sunday now, should be a great event.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
sonofwod
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by sonofwod »

Gareth Howells scoring the winning penner at Wembley against Blackpool in the play off final in 91 is still one of my top 3 TUFC supporting moments. Quality keeper. Would love to see whether Loram has still got it in his locker. My favourite TUFC player ever.
Lukeyboy WFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Lukeyboy WFC »

Paul Hall....now there is a player who served us both well
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Oh Gosh. He swoons. I wish I could stay down for this one.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Jezza, Dave is basically correct. Those from the conference years onwards I recognise, plus Russell and that's about it.

Who plays where?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:Jezza, Dave is basically correct. Those from the conference years onwards I recognise, plus Russell and that's about it.

Who plays where?

Matt.
A brief run-down for you Matt.

Gareth Howells: Goalie who scored the winning penalty at Wembley against Blackpool in '91. Brother of David Howells former Spurs player.

Paul Holmes: Right back who was great in his first spell, went on to play in the top flight for Everton. Dreadful when he returned!

Robbie Herrera: Left back, used to live opposite my mum. From Torquay but started out at QPR. Now one of our youth coaches.

Alex Watson: Centre half, brother of Everton's Dave Watson. Played in the Kevin Hodges Wembley team of '98.

Tom Kelly: Left back. Played in the Bryn season. Played for the Greeks before coming back home.

Dave Caldwell: Centre Forward, just before my time but legendary in many fans eyes.

Mark Loram: Easily the most talented local boy in the last 30 years, left for QPR but came back as he was homesick. His left foot was to die for and makes your strange obsession with Nathan Craig look a little silly! :na:

Paul Hall: Winger/striker, Jamaican international (I think). Played in the '91 promotion side.

Andy McFarlane: Striker. Once scored 4 goals at Plainmoor but he was playing for Scunny at the time! Signed for us the season after, recently a doorman in the bay.

Paul Smith: Winger who played for us in the late 80's/early 90's. Great player whose time at Plainmoor was cut short by injury

Russel Musker: Midfield, I only caught the tale end of his time here, didn't he go on to manage Tiverton or Taunton quite succesfully?

Paddy Gillies: No idea