The Gaming Thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I didn't know the gameplay trailer was out. It looks AMAZING. However, take the footage with a pinch of salt as I imagine the footage is being taken from a next generation console rather than the ps3/xbox360. It will be interesting to see how our current consoles manage to support a game that is clearly going to be so data-heavy to run.

But this is definitely the game I am most looking forward to.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

I've just had a bash at one of the more 'off the wall' game creations recently: Hotline Miami.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/GAM ... story.html
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Interesting to hear that The Last Of Us is like an interactive movie. If I were to buy it then would my fingers be rendered unemployed for the vast majority of the game whilst I sit back and 'enjoy' 4 million cut scenes or can you really get involved and immersed in it without some cut every 5 minutes? I'd like to know as it looks good but if it's just a cut scene fest like most games like this then I won't bother. Cheers.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:I didn't know the gameplay trailer was out. It looks AMAZING. However, take the footage with a pinch of salt as I imagine the footage is being taken from a next generation console rather than the ps3/xbox360. It will be interesting to see how our current consoles manage to support a game that is clearly going to be so data-heavy to run.

But this is definitely the game I am most looking forward to.
Well, they've not even said that it's coming out for the next-gen consoles yet, and the gaming press is kinda sensitive about that sort of bait-and-switch (they've seen it before with 'gameplay footage' turning out to have been basically a pre-rendered video running on a dev PC). We saw with San Andreas that the last few months of an outgoing cycle can produce pretty impressive stuff, too.

If it is coming out on PS4, I wish they'd let me know sooner rather than later because I'd wait and get them together.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

I'm hoping GTA V is released on PC so badly. But has anyone seen the steam sale at the moment? It's eating my wallet :(
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

They just added Battlefield 3 to Playstation Plus.

I suck at it, but it's fun.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

I've been playing Metro: Last Light recently and will have a review on it to link to you guys soon.

For those GTA fans they have released another trailer for the game - this time specifically for the 'online' content that will be available with it.

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:For those GTA fans they have released another trailer for the game - this time specifically for the 'online' content that will be available with it.

GTA Online looks insane, in a good way. It's not being released until 2 weeks after GTA V.

If you buy GTA V you'll automatically have access to Online when it becomes available.

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

What's your PSN name HappyTorq? I think the online content will be great if you can get enough of your friends together to do cool things as a group.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

stevegull wrote:What's your PSN name HappyTorq? I think the online content will be great if you can get enough of your friends together to do cool things as a group.
I'm "theblaggard" on PSN.

Add me, I'm about most nights, although with the time difference that's pretty late for you!

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

I'll add you in a bit happytorq. Finally I might have someone to piss about in GTA with, if I can stay up late enough!

I myself have recently been reviewing Metro: Last Light. It's more of an immersive FPS and one that is very enjoyable if you can get away from some of the technical issues...

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/GAM ... story.html

There are also a few new reviews on the site if anyone else is interested... http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/videogames
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

The web app for FIFA14 ultimate team has now opened early, but this is what they currently have as our away kit:
Attachments
FIFA14tufcaway.png
FIFA14tufcaway.png (30.22 KiB) Viewed 658 times
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

I downloaded the demo for FIFA 14 the other day. It was quite a lot of fun, even though it was bloody hard. Jeebus, in the old days on the Megadrive, it was A to pass, B to shoot (maybe the other way around). Now there are about a bazillion combinations for the types of shot, pass, tackle or even celebration - yes celebration!! - that you want to do. The mind boggles.

I'll probably still end up getting it eventually though.

GTA V comes out tomorrow. seriously thinking about going to a midnight opening to pick up a copy, and install it so i can play when i get home from work tomorrow. apparently it's an 8gb install on PS3 so it'll probably take a while.

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I am so keen for Fifa, it's unreal. I was well up for GTA aswell but the realisation that I'll only play it for 10 days until Fifa comes out hit me.
GazTheGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: ...

Post by GazTheGull »

Having played the FIFA 14 closed beta (not the demo), due to EA offering me the chance to play it early, I've decided FIFA will be a lot more realistic this year and won't just be a case of whoever has the fastest team wins unlike practically every FIFA before this. However, this is EA, and as gamers will know, they change their minds very quickly so I wouldn't be surprised to see the gameplay to be a different style again by the time of the release.

I'm waiting until Online is released before I buy GTA, just so I can see what other people think of it (and get the money to buy it!) but also I find it more fun than the missions most of the time. Some of them just dragged on without any real objective on GTA IV, so will be hoping that there aren't any of these on V. This game looks like the probable game of the year still though.